ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Dragon Saga/Dragonica General Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-saga-dragonica-general-guides/)
-   -   How To: Use Your Gamepad in Dragonica With Xpadder (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-saga-dragonica-general-guides/46542-how-use-your-gamepad-dragonica-xpadder.html)

boomsticky 05-07-2009 11:00 AM

How To: Use Your Gamepad in Dragonica With Xpadder

New to Xpadder?

Xpadder simulates the keyboard and mouse using your gamepad

What does Xpadder let you do?
- Play PC games with poor or no gamepad support
- Add gamepad support to emulated, internet and DOS games
- Play multiplayer games with each player using their own gamepad
- Control video/music players using their shortcut keys
- Use a gamepad with a web browser or any windows application

--

Step 1: Download Xpadder (freeware)

Step 2: Extract Xpadder

Step 3: Follow the steps starting with Step 3 linked here. Note that some of their links provided may not work, such as where to find your controller images. You can find your controller images by googling around, or could try here.

Step 4: Once you're set, you probably want to test run it on Dragonica. The image below is how I set up my gamepad (PS2 Controller with USB adapter) to Dragonica keyboard default (current to CB):

My Button Format:

Left Joystick = Arrow Keys
Right Joystick = Q, W, E, R (Assigned Skill Buttons)
D- Pad = 1 - 4 (Pots/Food)
Select = N (Mini-Map)
Start =Y (Buddy List)
X Button = C (Jump)
Square Button = X (Light Attack)
Triangle Button = Z (Heavy Atttack)
Circle Button = Space (Action)
L1 - L2, R1 - R2 Buttons = A, S, D, F (Assigned Skill Buttons)
L3 Button = F1 (Accept Quests)
R3 Button = Esc (Cancel Stuff)

Originally, I had my right joystick set with mouse-like functions, but because of the recent adds to the game's gameplay, I swap it out for more skill usage.

You also want to configure how sensitive your joystick should be. Under the joystick image is a little wrench you can click on. Click it > Settings. There you'll see two slide bars on the top, DeadZone and Diagonal Size. I believe DeadZone determines the tilting senstivity of your joystick; how far you move the joystick till it reaches max. And Diagonal Size determines how sensitive it is to diagonal inputs (e.g. moving diagonal). For me, I had Stick 1 (Left Joystick) at 75% DeadZone and 50% Diagonal Size. For Stick 2 (Right Joystick), I had a 99% DeadZone and 1% Diagonal Size. You can tweak it yourself for your comfort.

So...If you want to play Dragonica on a gamepad, this is one way to do it. Even though I used my mouse occasionally, using a gamepad felt like playing a console or arcade game. But if you prefer to stick with the keyboard, then by all means go right ahead. This is just something to mess around with if you feel like it :D.

Have Fun Dragonicans! :3

--

Alternative Guide: http://forum.iahgames.com/dragonica/...ead.php?t=5834

[edit] changed my button configurations XD

Miyuki 05-08-2009 08:37 AM

This could be useful, time to use my "old gamepad"...somewhere...lol..too lazy pressing on keyboard.

Teleclast 05-08-2009 10:05 PM

Nice guide, I decided to use the same layout, but I use WingMan since I have a Logitech RumblePad :]

I might try Xpadder if I can score myself a GameCube->USB adapter.

Miyuki 05-09-2009 12:10 AM

Normal usb gamepad seems to works fine, at least it wont kills my fingers off from playing with keyboard, lol.

Teleclast 05-09-2009 02:09 AM

Beware if you're an archer, spamming Anti-Air shot on one of the top buttons will KILL your fingers. I really liked the way it was laid out though so I dealt with it o.o;

boomsticky 05-09-2009 06:14 PM

I happened to run into another guide, but made in the IAH Forums: Dragonica Controller Guide - Dragonica Official Forum

Pretty good guide. Has more images and what-not. Will also link it in the original post :D

Teleclast 05-10-2009 10:06 PM

Question: "Sets", can you make a "Shift" button using this software?

Blackowl 05-13-2009 12:30 AM

Pinnacle game profiler is better,you can set SHIFT button.That mean you can set full 16 slot button for skill and pots.Pinnacle is best choice for fan of series "Tales of"

Teleclast 05-22-2009 10:54 PM

I actually found out you can use Shift buttons on Xpadder, and they're better! You can set 'hold shit' (while holding the button), one way shift or two way shift.

Two way means
Set1->Press button->set 2>Press again->Set

One way means
Set1->Press button->Set 2

Then you need another one way to get back ;]

Very, very fun, play around with it :P

Jackiboi 06-19-2009 08:19 AM

ive tried it out and it seems to work fine when ur not in Dragonica , when u are on MSN and press the ESC button on the joypad it works , but when u play u cant even move, Ive tried the other program too but that dosnt work either , is it becouse i have vista or is 5.3 a old version?

Miyuki 06-19-2009 08:32 AM

Which version of Dragonica you're playing on? AFAIK, you can't use gamepad on Iah's due to hackshield ._.

/tho there's some ways to make it work.

Jackiboi 06-19-2009 09:01 AM

i live in Europe and it automaticly uptades to the newest version when u download it :py32:
and i tried it on S4 League , dosnt work there either.