ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Dragon Saga/Dragonica Archer Class Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-saga-dragonica-archer-class-guides/)
-   -   Cloud's Archer/Hunter/Ranger Guide (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-saga-dragonica-archer-class-guides/45639-clouds-archer-hunter-ranger-guide.html)

Kingkloud 04-27-2009 01:32 AM

Cloud's Archer/Hunter/Ranger Guide

Please note this is still a working progress.
Cloud's Archer/Hunter/Ranger Guide

[CENTER]Intro:
According to the Dragonica website: Archers are ranged physical-damage combatants proficient at swift hit-and-run tactics. Besides making up for low damage-per-hit with an extremely high attack rate, Archers are also dangerous for their ability to launch opponents into the air, thereby incapacitating them while racking up the damage with lightning-quick shots.

Version

1.0 - Started version section with basic information.
1.1- Added in pictures and other text.

To Do List:

Add Hunter & Ranger Skill Pictures
Add more information about combos ect.
Add more text on different parts.
Add some videos.

Chapters

Chapter 1: Archer

Chapter 2: Hunter

Chapter 3: Ranger

Chapter 4: Combos and Misc.
http://i42.tinypic.com/ncffqv.jpg

Hi everyone :) This is my personal guide I have created. You DO NOT have to follow it but it can be used as a reference if you need any help. If there are any problems please don't hesitate to post them. I am always open to constructive criticism. Ranger or Hunter Part coming soon.

What is an Archer?
Is the archer a class that attacks with a mighty sword? Nope. Is it a class that uses a staff to release chaos on its foes? Nope. Is archer a class that uses claws to scratch their foes to death? Nope. Archer is a class that uses the power and strength of an arrow and a bow.

What do Archers do?
Archers attack their foes with automatic arrows. You donít need to buy them! The normal ĎXí attacking arrows do low amounts of damage at an extremely fast rate, racking up those massive combos you need for a ĎSí rank when doing Mission Maps.

Why should you choose Archer?
Why shouldnít you choose Archer? Their fast attacking rate gives high combos and they can be a powerful ally, or an overpowering enemy. They have very strong offensive skills in 2nd Job and are a great addition to the team. But this goes for all classes. They all have so many pros and cons that any class is good. You just have to use them effectively.

Are Archers difficult to play?
Well not necessarily. Archers can rack up high combos but sometimes people have trouble finding the most effective ways in doing this. Again all classes have their pros and cons but you just gotta use them effectively.

What skills do Archers have?
With the strength of a bow and the power of (an) arrow(s), Archer class uses these to overcome their enemies.

Credits to Vio for permission to use this.

So many skills to choose! So many to use! What should I get?
Get all the skills you want! Any of those skills will help your path to Ranger or Hunter. But I have chosen a few skills that I think are necessary. You DO NOT have to follow this if you donít want to.

Archer Skill No 1. Rising Arrow (Active)

This is the first skill you get as an Archer and a very good one at that. Without this you wonít be able to do air combos or launch any enemies up into the air (excluding the use of Re-Launch). As you level this skill more, you can do more damage and launch more enemies. This is a skill you would want to level and use.

http://i39.tinypic.com/esrn6s.jpg http://i41.tinypic.com/xkpv5x.jpg

Archer Skill No 2. Anti-Air Shot (Active)

This is another skill that you should get. It combines with Rising Arrow (Active) when you launch enemies up into the air. Once you do so, just keep quickly tapping the desired key (or ĎZí) and you will see your enemies getting bounced by your evil attack, all until they fall down increasing you damage and adding air combos.

http://i44.tinypic.com/dm2pv5.jpg http://i44.tinypic.com/27xowog.jpg

*Note there has been reports of a bug or problem with monsters becoming invincible after using Anti-Air Shot. Icefiery has said that this is due to bad internet or lag.

Archer Skill No 3. Bow Mastery

For obvious reasons. Look at your weapon. Itís a bow and whatís the name of this skill? Bow Mastery! Guess itís reasonable to say that you would need this skill to increase your damage output when using a bow, which you would want a lot!

http://i42.tinypic.com/tamp2b.jpg

Archer Skill No 4. Double Shot/Multi Shot (Shootdown)

This is definitely a difficult choice. Many have noted that these are not needed when you reach second job but since boss killing may be harder for you, you may want to use at least one of these skills. Double Shot has a high damage output but Multi Shot can release 3 or more arrows (depending on level of skill) so it is your decision. I chose one of each in different testing phases and I still donít know what I should choose.

*Note that if you want to get Multi Shot you will need to get the skill Shootdown.

http://i40.tinypic.com/r9jp.jpg

Archer Skill No. 5 Re-Launch

This is also a potential skill. It may help in different situations also, especially if you want more use of Anti-Air Shot but it is optional if you don't like PvPing. But if you are PvPing this skill can be very useful to you especially when if your opponent fails at the rolling dodge. (TY Vio for piece of info).

http://i39.tinypic.com/ml1ap1.jpg

I personally havenít tried Moonwalk or Moonwalk Shot but you may like to experience and try them out. Same goes with Rapid Step which may help in different situations.

Please also note that if you use your Skill Reset Scroll, that I recommend only getting the first three skills. After that you will have a lot more skill points to use on your second job skills.

Where do Archers level?
Archers can level in many ways. They can level by grinding at normal maps (BOOORING), or they can do quests in conjunction with Mission Maps (FUN)!
From level 1-20, I have found the best way to level is try and do as many quests as you can that give nice rewards and nice experience, and then party all the time in Mission Maps to finish of those Hero Quests. If you do that all the way to level 20 you will be fine. F4 on all Mission Maps will get you through comfortably. Partying is the key to fast leveling.

I have reached level 20. What do I do now?
Okay first things first, make sure you have completed ALL the Hero Quests until you have reached Port of Winds. You can check if you have done them all in you Journal. Make sure you are level 20 (just in case you are 99% and then die) and then make your way to Port of Winds. Then meet up with Archer Ė Rony and go no from there. For a more detailed walkthrough follow this link:
Job Advancement Walkthrough - Dragonica Official Forum

Thanks so much Pie for writing the Job Advancement Walkthrough Guide. The link above takes you directly there. :)

SoÖ Hunter or Ranger?

Both classes are outstandingly helpful. One can drop traps and once can launch missiles. Who doesnít like any of that? There are differences though. Hunters wield Long-Bows, while Rangers wield Cross-Bows (also known as X-Bows). Hunters have a self-buff skill with powerful offensive skills and special trap/net skills. Rangers have dangerous offensive skills also, with a Tank skill and grenades. Choose to your preference.
Hunter Section

Intro: According to the Dragonica website: Longbow-wielding Hunters are "children-of-nature" in tune with its many creatures and powers. They specialize in summoning attacks and control tactics which slow down and trap opponents. Hunters are resourceful ranged warriors proficient in using disruptive skills and crowd control tactics to trap enemies before going in for the kill.

What is a Hunter?

A Hunter is a class that has advanced from the Archer class. They are not some staff or stave wielding battlist. Nor are they thieves that are full of joy or darkness. They aren't even those who attack with a mighty sword or shiny shield! They are the Long-Bow wielding Archers that roam the fields setting traps and nets using the power of nature.

Are Hunters difficult to play?
Not necessarily, they advanced from Archer class and have some similar skills but many are different. You can get a special feel around and experience if you can try to find out the best way for you to be a Hunter effectively.

Hunter Skills? What ones should I get?

Again you donít have to get the skills I mention but they may be as a reference to you.

http://i41.tinypic.com/21276rk.jpg

TY Vio again.

Hunter Skill No 1. Advanced Bow Mastery

Like Bow Mastery of Archer times, this one can further your damage of your bow and arrow. Obviously needed if you want to maximize your damage output.

Hunter Skill 2. Bird Watching

Bird Watching is the humorous and effective self buff that Hunters have. This skill can also help further your damage and maximize your damage output. A great skill indeed.

Hunter Skill 3. Wolf Rush

A very nice skill. This is a powerful offensive skill that comes after Rocket Launcher which you will need to get. While leveling up this skill you can attack more foes and add more combo points.

Other Hunter Skills

Bleed is a skill that you may want to get for the skill, Acid arrow which will give you many opportunities to use the skill Net-Bind and its counterpart, Disruption. You can also get Sharpshooting which is another offensive skill.

Hunter Section to be cleaned up and/or edited.

Ranger Section

Intro: According to the Dragonica website: Part of an elite Special Ops force, speedy and disciplined Rangers easily top the chart for highest attack-rate in Dragonica. Having survived the harsh training required for entry into the force, they have become masters of military tactics and elevate the common crossbow into a weapon of mass destruction.

What is a Ranger?
Rangers are the class that have advanced from Archer class with the military force. They aren't a class that has a little sanctuary for all to be in. Nor are they do happy go lucky dances around Dragonica. And they certainly do not have a fat big sword to strike a foe. They are the trained strategists with formidable skills.

Are Rangers difficult to play?
It really depends on you. Like Hunter you still have your 'X' automatic arrows and with you new found offensive skills, you might find things relatively easy. Also like Hunter, just try and find your 'comfort zone' with the Ranger and you will be fine.

Ranger Skills. What should I get?

Again you donít have to get the skills I mention but they may be as a reference to you.

http://i40.tinypic.com/1231m2t.jpg

TY Vio again.
Ranger Skill 1. Crux Shot

Crux Shot will amplify your next attack by a certain percentage. Even though this is an active skill, you can maximize your already high damage output by a lot. A skill for damage reasons.

Ranger Skill 2. Gatling Rush

A very strong skill and probably your main offensive skill. It does a very high amount of damage and since it can hit 10 enemies or more, with Crux Shot you can absolutely smash your foes with your strength and power.

Ranger Skill 3. Auto-Shot System

You will want this to help you with ANY situation. This will be of great help and a nice addition to your array of offensive skills. It does a hefty amount of damage and when you add your own personal damage to this, you probably will annihilate you foes instantly.

Other Ranger Skills

In the process of getting the three skills I have mentioned, you will need to get other skills such as Random Shot and RPG-7. You can also get these skills, and H.E Grenade which is also nice.

Ranger Section to be cleaned up and/or edited.

Combo and Misc. Section

Archer Class:

Strategies: Okay this differs from so many people so please note you don't have to comply with this.

Against a Group (Mob)

Take a close enough range from you and to the mob and use 'Rising Shot'. That should launch the mob up (depending on how many are in the mob) and then start using 'Anti-Air Shot' straight away. Take breaks by using your normal attack a few times then keep repeating this basic process. If you have quick fingers and adequate equipment, when battling a foe with this process is easy.

If you have Multi-Shot you could also use that while alternating between the above skills and your normal attack.
Also please note, dashing away from your foe to dodge the damage and then coming back in to dish out your own damage has been found to be a good way to keep your health high. Just remember to not go too far way or you will lose your combo. If you have Re-Launch you can relaunch one of the foes and then use 'Anti-Air Shot' again.

Against a Boss/Unlaunchable

If this foe is unlaunchable (boss/other) the above process cannot work. So you are going to have to use your other offensive skills to dish our damage. You can still use 'Rising Shot' but it will not launch foe. Using your normal attack will keep down the MP if you believe you are using your MP to quickly. If you have Multi-Shot, you can dish out some good damage and also with other skills such as Shootdown. All you have to remember is to be wary of the bosses actions as they mostly mean that an attack will take place seconds after.

Credits and Copyright

Credits to Violence and others for helping me with this guide.
Copyrighted. Do not use without my permission.

Navarre 04-27-2009 07:15 AM

Yes Cloud! Spread the valuable Archer information :D

Nuglar 04-27-2009 10:01 AM

this must be one of the most well known guides by now :D keep spreading the love cloud! :py01:

Tardar 04-27-2009 01:48 PM

Looks like a really good guide. +rep

Red 04-27-2009 02:07 PM

lol I wish I can rep you again....

Light 04-27-2009 02:09 PM

Great guide +rep

Gladiat 04-27-2009 03:17 PM

Very nice guide. +Rep.

Lol I'll probably use this guide if I play an archer.

Kingkloud 04-27-2009 03:42 PM

Lawl. I've spread this guide around on numerous Dragonica forums. I guess I'm gonna have to make it rly good then!

Red 04-27-2009 06:57 PM

^ it would be nice if you make more guides.

Eilrahc21 04-27-2009 08:44 PM

Nicely done Cloud. Great to see more Dragonica guides being shared around. :)

Kingkloud 04-27-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 809202)
^ it would be nice if you make more guides.

I'll probably make some picture quest guide (for the important ones anyways).

jabbadervish 04-28-2009 02:05 AM

Nice one Cloud, haha. Good job on helping future archer peeps.

LaTale 04-28-2009 06:14 AM

+rep for awesomeness.
Lots of new people will love this guide~ <3

Gladiat 04-28-2009 08:05 PM

Lol! That has to be the fastest 2nd REP bar that I have ever seen. 1 Day and BAM over +100 REP lol.
Guess that proves how godly that guide is o_o

Make more! :D

Kingkloud 04-29-2009 01:36 AM

I took around 2 hours to make that guide and I am going to crate more guides after CBT so expect to see more then.

zai1310 05-05-2009 06:26 PM

Good job.As far as i know,this is the only guide for archer at the moment(correct me if im wrong)

Teleclast 05-08-2009 10:06 PM

Well this is more of a reference than a guide. There is an actual guide indeed on IAH's forums. It's not very good though, you're best off doing what this guide says for the most part. Alternative would be to not level up Rising Shot and instead go straight for:
Anti Air Mastery-> Bow Mastery -> Shootdown -> Doubleshot -> Re-Launch

Whether Doubleshot or Re-Launch is more useful can be contested, I find Re-Launch to have little practical use and doubleshot to be great as a way to get that edge in when far away. While you can use rising shot from far away it's easier to jump in a mob and jump out.

My typical approach to missions ATM happens to be:
Jump in the middle of a big mob (5~15), let them turn 'on', when they move close enough and start their hit, jump out and use Shootdown, then from the side use Rising Shot and spam Anti-Air Mastery, for whatever's left you can either jump and Shootdown again if it's on the floor or doubleshot if they're all standing up.

Just my approach, I haven't spent much time refining it to be honest, because there's no point, it works for me!

Gladiat 05-10-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teleclast (Post 824843)
Well this is more of a reference than a guide. There is an actual guide indeed on IAH's forums. It's not very good though, you're best off doing what this guide says for the most part. Alternative would be to not level up Rising Shot and instead go straight for:
Anti Air Mastery-> Bow Mastery -> Shootdown -> Doubleshot -> Re-Launch

Whether Doubleshot or Re-Launch is more useful can be contested, I find Re-Launch to have little practical use and doubleshot to be great as a way to get that edge in when far away. While you can use rising shot from far away it's easier to jump in a mob and jump out.

My typical approach to missions ATM happens to be:
Jump in the middle of a big mob (5~15), let them turn 'on', when they move close enough and start their hit, jump out and use Shootdown, then from the side use Rising Shot and spam Anti-Air Mastery, for whatever's left you can either jump and Shootdown again if it's on the floor or doubleshot if they're all standing up.

Just my approach, I haven't spent much time refining it to be honest, because there's no point, it works for me!

The skill is Anti-Air Arrow. And if I jump in a huge mob, I die in less than 10 seconds >< lol.

Teleclast 05-10-2009 03:25 AM

You shouldn't be in there even close to that long anyway :O

Okay I've done more playing around and got to Hunter. I'd say that Multishot is more useful than relaunch which is pretty much useless. What you should do is pretty much hold Z (Your PC should be set to have a fast repeat rate through Windows or if you're using a controller set it to turbo), and then you should get close to a mob (but not enough for them to hit you), while approaching you 'can' attack with Double Strike/Multishot, when close and they're grouped together nicely enough (at least 2~) use Rising Shot into an AAS combo. :0

kuyaBaka 05-10-2009 09:00 AM

I absolutely love Moonwalk + Moonwalk Strike for bosses and while keeping distance from other ranged enemies.
During bosses, I use Double-Strike and a few normal attacks until it starts coming my way, then I use Moonwalk + Moonwalk Strike followed by a normal hit to get me a bit more damage. In some cases, 2 Moonwalks and a strike should get you out of the danger zone.

As far as during the mission, I run up until I see the monsters, send a Multistrike, then run back a bit to get them clumped closer. Then I follow with my launching Arrow, then spam Anti-Air. If they're not dead and they hit the floor, I jump up and use Jumpshot, run back a bit, then back to my launching Arrow.