ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Dragon Nest Wiki (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-nest-wiki/)
-   -   Friendship dialog choices section? (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-nest-wiki/100330-friendship-dialog-choices-section.html)

Wex 08-08-2011 04:11 AM

Friendship dialog choices section?

I was looking for somewhere to add friendship talks to. It's the ones where npcs you're befriending have special dialog that you have to choose a correct response to so they'll like you more.

Wasn't sure if I should put it on the character's page or make a new section on the friendship page or what.

1stsim144 08-08-2011 05:04 AM

I think you should make a new section and includes the example for each of the characters instead of putting it onto the character's page.

Poliwhirl 08-08-2011 08:12 AM

Two options here:
  • Make a new quest page for each talk option, and link the NPC page to the quest page, or
  • Just make a new section on the NPC page.
Don't worry about getting the numbers correct, I can fill those in.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stsim144 (Post 1583798)
I think you should make a new section and includes the example for each of the characters instead of putting it onto the character's page.

I think that would be too messy - the Friendship page is a bit cluttered as is. There are a lot of NPCs, and each NPC has quite a few talk quests. I'd like the more detailed info about each NPC, like benefits of befriending, etc. to go on the actual NPC page.

Sandrie 08-08-2011 08:34 AM

I think just making a quest page then linking it to the npc page would be better. Otherwise there will be like a ton of quests that clutter up the npc page. Maybe I could make a different template so you can read the dialogue.

yeah let me think about that

Poliwhirl 08-08-2011 03:03 PM

I think I've figured out the file format for these talk quests, so I can probably just do a mass update once I have the time. I was going to work on these NPC pages anyway.

Do make the new template though, I don't think the current one would work that well with these quests.

Wex 08-08-2011 03:26 PM

I didn't think it would be that much info. Do you want to do the whole transcript? I was just thinking Talk topic -> Correct Answer. Quick and concise. If someone wants to add the whole transcript I could wait, can you pull the correct answer from the scripts too?

I assume there is only one good answer. Most of the time it looks that way.

Poliwhirl 08-08-2011 03:47 PM

What I was thinking of is listing the four choices, then the impact of each choice (e.g. friendship +3, etc). Each answer has a different impact on your friendship levels. Not going to list the NPCs response, because that's less fun.

You can start doing whatever you want to do though, I'll adjust later. It's always better to have something than nothing.

Wex 08-09-2011 03:46 AM

Ok, will do. Will be nice to have something about it up there for people who are looking. May - ggFTW Dragon Nest Wiki

Forgot to check one of the changes, so just put "good answer". Better than having nothing for now. Hope the layout is ok for something quick and easy.

Poliwhirl 08-09-2011 08:28 AM

Sounds good. Don't worry about layouts, they can always be tweaked later. I fixed up the values for the May and Bailey ones you have there.

Wex 08-09-2011 09:28 AM

oho, very good. Where did you get the rest of the numbers from?

Poliwhirl 08-09-2011 09:45 AM

They're in the game's quest files, although a bit cryptic. My numbers matched yours for the ones you did fill in, so I went ahead and did the rest.

Wex 08-09-2011 03:25 PM

Ah, much easier than testing all four choices. I'll keep gifting and let you know if I get more dialogs up that need numbers.

/edit Put another one up for bailey. I'm a bit rusty with my wiki stuff. What's the easiest way to make all the tables the same size, so the second column text lines up between different tables?

Also started Rupert page and threw 3 dialogs up on it.

Poliwhirl 08-10-2011 10:28 PM

For making simple tables, I suggest you look at View source - ggFTW Dragon Nest Wiki

although for the most part, we use table templates to make editing less confusing. See View source - ggFTW Dragon Nest Wiki for an example, then look at
Template:TitleHeader - ggFTW Dragon Nest Wiki
Template:Title - ggFTW Dragon Nest Wiki
Template:Table End - ggFTW Dragon Nest Wiki

for the 3 parts.

Anyway, you can play around with that, but if you decide that's too much trouble that's fine, just add what you can. I almost have the friendship quest data compiled, I'll push that up in a day or two.

Wex 08-11-2011 04:12 AM

Ok, when you say data do you also mean the actual dialog?

Poliwhirl 08-11-2011 08:19 AM

So far, I have something like this:

(Talk) Adeline on Carderock Pass
'''Archer Trainer Adeline'''<BR>It's not peaceful here, as it is in <FONT color=#a82424>Mana Ridge</FONT> and <FONT color=#a82424>Ironwood Village</FONT>. We aren't protected by strong city walls, like in <FONT color=#a82424>Saint's Haven</FONT>. But I believe <FONT color=#a82424>Carderock Pass</FONT> has a charm all its own.
<!--n033_archer_master_adellin-accepting-a-->
I think Carderock's a dump.
api_npc_AddMalicePoint( userObjID, 33, 320 );
<!--n033_archer_master_adellin-accepting-b-->
It's a nice place to settle down.
api_npc_AddFavorPoint( userObjID, 33, 80 );
<!--n033_archer_master_adellin-accepting-c-->
I love the natural beauty here.
api_npc_AddFavorPoint( userObjID, 33, 160 );
<!--n033_archer_master_adellin-accepting-d-->
I like it because you're here.
api_npc_AddFavorPoint( userObjID, 33, 320 );

so yes with the choices, but I still need to translate what each of the outcomes are and get it into a nice format for the wiki.

Wex 08-11-2011 11:10 AM

Ok, that's pretty nice. I don't see the names of the initial Talk option that goes to that dialog. Are we going to be able to get those or will we have to go off of the NPCs comments before the multiple choice?

If you need any help feel free to ask. Sounds like you've got it under control though. If you like the current simple layout I did with the dialogs, I could look into making a template for it. Don't know much about templates, but I'm sure I could look it up and figure it out. Not sure about making more complex layouts though ; )

/edit err, I think I figured out templates and stuff, though not sure what the final form of the template should look like or if Sandrie has been working on it.

If you get the friendship/aversion changes decoded and maybe the initial Talk dialog options, and then would like some help, I could reformat a text document with all that info to be quickly dumped into a template.

Poliwhirl 08-11-2011 11:34 PM

Here's an example what I've been working towards:

(Talk) Archer Trainer Adeline - ggFTW Dragon Nest Wiki

..except the last option doesn't display correctly. Gah. I'll figure it out tomorrow.

I get what you're saying about the "initial dialog options" but those are in a separate file and thus would require more work. I think just displaying the convo before the branch, then the options that follow and their effects, should be intuitive enough.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wex (Post 1585463)
If you get the friendship/aversion changes decoded and maybe the initial Talk dialog options, and then would like some help, I could reformat a text document with all that info to be quickly dumped into a template.

I really appreciate the thought, but since I have the text as an output of my script already I can easily just modify the output to get it in template format. Thanks though.

Wex 08-12-2011 04:24 AM

Hmm ok, fixed the odd spacing issue and added some width so the dialog could be longer before getting wrapped. On May's page will there be a link to that page? Will anywhere else link to it as well?

I'll probably help add the initial talk options as I find them, just to help with searches for it.

Poliwhirl 08-12-2011 11:05 PM

Enjoy: Category:Talk Quest - ggFTW Dragon Nest Wiki

Few things:
  • For Saint's Haven NPCs, Engrish and bugs everywhere, so these definitely need an update in the future.
  • Not everything came out perfect, a number of the quests didn't have the choices in the usual place, so Category:Incomplete Talk Quest - ggFTW Dragon Nest Wiki is for me to clean up manually in time.

took way longer than I expected orz
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wex (Post 1585896)
Hmm ok, fixed the odd spacing issue and added some width so the dialog could be longer before getting wrapped. On May's page will there be a link to that page? Will anywhere else link to it as well?

I'll probably help add the initial talk options as I find them, just to help with searches for it.

I have links to the friendship dialog quests on each NPC's page. Other pages can link to them too if relevant.

And yes, the initial talk options would be good.

Wex 08-13-2011 06:50 AM

Fantastic, really helpful infos there.

(Talk) About (user nick) - ggFTW Dragon Nest Wiki
I'm guessing these are for the player's name? We could do "(talk) about yourself - npc name" or "(talk) about <player name> - npc". To separate those. If that's how it works.

Also if npc name and the bolded name of the person talking are always the same (they should be, right?) that may be a little redundant. Hmm and it's a little odd that different npcs share the same page when the title is the same.

And let's see... things to do... finish proper talk names. List rewards for friendship. Possibly list what levels gifts come at and what they are. None of those are as important to do right away. I should ask though, can rewards be pulled from the files easily?