ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Dragon Nest > Dragon Nest Questions & Answers

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-01-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Grand ChaseDofusLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

CujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to CujoEX Send a message via MSN to CujoEX Send a message via Yahoo to CujoEX Send a message via Skype™ to CujoEX
IGN: CujoEX
Default Less Common : Sharpshooter or Acrobat

Deciding to join. Which Archer is least used or hardest to level : Sharpshooter or Acrobat?

Grand Chase - CujoEX // CujoEXE
PlayTrickster - CujoEX
LostSaga - CujoEX

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-01-2011   #2 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

I think Sharpshooters are less common, I see Acrobats everywhere.

08-01-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
VindictusTrickster OnlineMapleStoryElsword

LunarAvian is on a distinguished road
IGN: Yieane
Class: Alchemist lt_bard
Level: 32
Guild: Dumpster

Sharpshooter has more AoE attacks, and Acrobat has more single damage attacks. You'll need to be constantly dodging as an Acro to survive obviously lol. Other then that they are both great soloers.

08-01-2011   #4 (permalink)
Mind's Eye
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsDragon NestTrickster Online
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

Zeke will become famous soon enoughZeke will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via MSN to Zeke
IGN: Azel
Class: Blind Man
Level: xx

At least within our Argenta Guild, sharpshooters are the less popular option. Mainly because they are not as top tier in pvp as acrobats. As for your second question, I'm not knowledgeable enough about archers to tell you accurately which is easier to level, however I think sharpshooters would be because they tend to be better at PVE than their acrobat counterparts.

08-01-2011   #5 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Acrobats are EVERYWHERE. I don't remember the last time I saw a Sharpshooter outside of my guild.

08-01-2011   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Acrobats have an easier playstyle, as playing up close comes easier to most people. That being said, you'll have to be dodging the entire time you're doing anything, since archer's aren't amazingly armored. A class like acrobat tends to be a dream class for a lot of MMO gamers though, since they've got an in-your-face way of playing, but still have the option to maintain a distance.

The difficulty behind playing a sharpshooter is that you're required to actively aim the entire time, which can be problematic (especially on bosses such as Scarlet Scythe, who is skinny and moves around a lot). That being said, the DPS is outstanding (I've been told that sharpshooter is capable of having the highest DPS in the game, in the right hands of course :v). Also, it's not like you can't mix the playstyles of the two classes a bit anyway. I play sharpshooter, but I have a tendency to play at a mid-range, so that I can make snap decisions on whether or not to rush in and cast a debuff or fire a frag shot or anything like that, or if I want to pull back and launch a magic arrow, or even if I want to do a tumble shot (keep in mind I'm building toward an artillery, the magic-based damage sharpshooter class).

Really though, the way I see it you could play either and gear it however you like. No harm no foul. Just remember that archer has one of the toughest learning curves of all the classes in-game. Have fun with it.