Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-20-2011   #1 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default What level did you get to in CBT?

Finally got my Cleric to 16 for the event

Got my mage to level 7ish and I just made a warrior and archer to try them out. Archer is pretty cool, but I think I like the mage more.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-20-2011   #2 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

I hit level cap on my archer, which is all I wanted to play. After that, I just explored some of the next series of dungeons, and worked on upgrading my Kobold gear.

06-20-2011   #3 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Got the level cap, spending the rest of the time scrambling around for as much info as possible. I was farming for some new gear but after running temple/marauder's 10000 times I got sick of that.

06-20-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

Got to the level cap. Somehow it was longer and more painful than expected though.

06-20-2011   #5 (permalink)
WTFS_Serendipitouskey
Games
Dragon NestLeague of LegendsLuniaAlliance of Valiant Arms

d4rka2n is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Serendipitouskey
Class: AD, Jungle, Top , lu_sieg
Level: Diamond III
Guild: WTFS

Got to lv 16 in 2 days since the start of cbt, Btw you shouldn't farm too much during obt...level cap is only 24 and the price to repair isn't worth it since better gear comes out after lv 32 cap. ( Cerberus, lv 32 abyss shop etc ).

06-20-2011   #6 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

11. I quit .. qq;; *waiting for OBT*

06-20-2011   #7 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

8, had too much family events during CBT.
Plus it felt painful to play, ffff. HWO2ARCHER!?

06-20-2011   #8 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

^ lrn2aim! lol jking.

But yeah archer did seem a little more difficult to use than Cleric or Mage.

06-21-2011   #9 (permalink)
WTFS_Serendipitouskey
Games

^ I heard her 1st job advancement is the hardest while the warrior's 2nd job advancement is the hardest...lul.

06-21-2011   #10 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Anarchy OnlineAionAtlantica OnlineFinal Fantasy XIV
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to DarkRayne
IGN: Ryoko Nee
Class: Paladin lt_sorcerer
Level: i93
Guild: The Kingfishers
Xfire: d4rthsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
8, had too much family events during CBT.
Plus it felt painful to play, ffff. HWO2ARCHER!?
Actually. While playing this at E3, archer seemed the most OP class among the group that was there. I forget what level characters they allowed us to play with but the aim was a bit forgiving for the player as you didn't have to be dead on just to hit and the aoe spells were win

06-21-2011   #11 (permalink)
WTFS_Serendipitouskey
Games

I actually don't find archers op since any dmg they take is gonna have a huge impact on their performance. ( Especially abyss mode damage is alot. )

06-21-2011   #12 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about

Not necessarily saying they are but with the setup on the show floor the dps of the archer compared to other classes available made it "seem" like it is. Again this was on at a big event so it may not be the same experience as an actual player.

06-22-2011   #13 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

Archers feel derp to me. The aiming feels REALLY bad since your character blocks your left side and the hitbox on arrows aren't that big. The aim cursor doesn't help either. Right-click isn't good for attacking at all. She's easily knocked out of the windmill. Most of her kick attacks are based on situation (enemy stunned, knocked down, you in the air, you knocked down, etc.).

I mean, hopefully becoming Acrobat is going to change my opinion, but honestly, I find it really awful to play, because trying to shoot things with a shortbow at the moment (which is what I hear Acrobats use) is just bad and trying to kick things is even worse.

06-22-2011   #14 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Quote:
Archers feel derp to me. The aiming feels REALLY bad since your character blocks your left side and the hitbox on arrows aren't that big. The aim cursor doesn't help either. Right-click isn't good for attacking at all. She's easily knocked out of the windmill. Most of her kick attacks are based on situation (enemy stunned, knocked down, you in the air, you knocked down, etc.).

I mean, hopefully becoming Acrobat is going to change my opinion, but honestly, I find it really awful to play, because trying to shoot things with a shortbow at the moment (which is what I hear Acrobats use) is just bad and trying to kick things is even worse.
It becomes like trying to use an elf ranger on Mabinogi all over again. q_q

Somehow juggling Mabi, DN and another game at the same time lol. (Level 10 on DN)

06-22-2011   #15 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

I found that archery was really heavily-based in AoE in this game. I'd always open with a willow kick, then as the enemies were landing, I'd use a multi shot, then follow it up with a magic arrow. Anything that was still alive after that I'd just take out one by one, until my cooldowns ended and I could blast them some more. I really had an easy time as an archer :v

06-23-2011   #16 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
I found that archery was really heavily-based in AoE in this game. I'd always open with a willow kick, then as the enemies were landing, I'd use a multi shot, then follow it up with a magic arrow. Anything that was still alive after that I'd just take out one by one, until my cooldowns ended and I could blast them some more. I really had an easy time as an archer :v
Exactly, it's what made it seem so strong.

06-24-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

I got to level 8. Only played for like an hour total.

06-24-2011   #18 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

So it's a skill-spamming game? My mindset is too tuned to DFO with the "IF YOU USE YOUR SKILLS, YOU WILL RUN OUT OF MANA" with the dungeons.

06-24-2011   #19 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

You do run out of mana at higher levels if you just spam skills

Since we could only go up to level 16 it wasn't that bad, but the higher level skills take lots of MP to use x_x...

06-24-2011   #20 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
So it's a skill-spamming game? My mindset is too tuned to DFO with the "IF YOU USE YOUR SKILLS, YOU WILL RUN OUT OF MANA" with the dungeons.
Nah, by no means was I spamming skills. I just opened large mobs with a series of skills that would bump my combo up to anywhere from 65-100 and higher. Plus, those skills are pretty heavy damage, so it would typically at least knock out most of the enemy's health.

There really weren't enough skills available to spam during CBT anyway. It was like... 5 attack skills and a buff, for archers (beyond the passive kicking skills, anyway). I actually wound up using the kicks a lot to maintain my combo numbers while I was waiting for skill cooldown, if the mob number was still high.