League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-09-2011   #1 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e
Default Nest Building With Lucius and Princess K: Entry 2 – Dragon Nest at PAX

Welcome, Dragon Nest fans! I’m Desmodius, the Lead Producer for Dragon Nest. We wanted to keep you updated on the progress of the game. The thing is, two of my Associate Producers wanted to handle this blog. So I decided to let them work on it together in the hope that the two of them might somehow balance each other out. If nothing else, it’s an hour a week where I don’t have to deal with either of them.

-- Desmodius

This week: Dragon Nest at PAX

Princess K: Hey, Nesties! We’re back. It’s another “Nest Building” with me, Princess K, and my delightful blog partner, Lucius! Lucius is in “Extra Grumpy” mode today because he’s getting ready to fly out to Boston for PAX East. If you’ve never heard of PAX, it’s a massive convention for video games and geekdom in general! We’re going to be there at Booth #536 where we’ll be showing off the game and getting to meet some of you! <3333333

Lucius: Hmm. Why am I grumpy today? I mean it’s not like I have to leave sunny Southern California to freeze my butt off in Boston. Oh wait, that’s exactly what I’m doing! But hey, at least I’ve got these awesome M15x Alienware laptops with me. Oh, that’s right. These aren’t mine. I’m schlepping these “I-can-never-afford-them-on-my-salary” beauties out there to give away for free. So yeah, my world is sunshine and rainbows. How’s yours, Princess?

Princess K: It’s sunshine and rainbows, Mr. Grumpypants! Come on! We’re going to have 36 demo stations, including some Alienware Aurora stations. We get to talk to our fans about Dragon Nest. We’ll be giving out bags and other great schwag! We might even get to play with our future dragon slayers! And I bet you’re dying to hang out with the beautiful models in these sexy Argenta and Archer outfits!

Lucius: Sure, Archer and Argenta are sexy, so guess where they’re going to be? That’s right – in a 2-yard radius around Desmodius! While you and I work off our tushies, our Fearless Leader gets to parade around with the developers giving interviews and accepting party invites. You want to know where the chicks are at these things? Look for the well-dressed guy with the manicure who looks like he’s never worked a day in his life. That won’t be me.

Princess K: Stop it, you silly! Anyway, you don’t need chicks. You have a lovely wife at home!

Lucius: You mean “she who must not be named”? Please. I’m gonna be on my feet all day long dealing with chaos while Desmodius does interviews and Q & A sessions. Ironically, that’s actually better than my honeymoon, but it still doesn’t make it right that I do the work and Des gets the glory (and chicks!).

Princess K: You are such a silly goose! I’ve met your wife. She was lovely!

Lucius: She had morphed into human form.

Princess K: Anyway… If you’re going to be in Boston between March 11 and 13, come see us at PAX East! Try out Dragon Nest on some Alienware Auroras! You can grab cool schwag like t-shirts and bags, and enter giveaways to win awesome prizes like those M15x Alienware laptops!

And if you’re the type who enjoys salt in your coffee, sand in your eyes, and other general discomforts, you can talk to Lucius!

Lucius: And if you’re the type of person who thinks a sugar sandwich is a good way to start the day, you can meet Princess K! See you in Boston. We'll be the booth with this wall:

Dragon Nest -- the fastest MMORPG online!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-09-2011   #2 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Those are actually pretty cool costumes. Too bad they'll probably never find someone that wears it well to put it on.

03-09-2011   #3 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

too bad global is going to take all of nexon's players and na dragon nest will be dead

03-09-2011   #4 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuss
too bad global is going to take all of nexon's players and na dragon nest will be dead
Global Dragon Nest is blocking NA IPs, it's not gonna take any players away.

03-09-2011   #5 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough

oh they are? I did not read about that, I heard they are not blocking any IP's I guess we will find out when they release it.

03-09-2011   #6 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Well according to their facebook page:

Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, Thailand and NA (eventually) have local publishers.

03-09-2011   #7 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games

so we will only be ip blocked once NA's version is fully released?

03-09-2011   #8 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

I don't know. In theory if Global gets to CBT/OBT/release before Nexon, they can't block us because NA don't have a playable version. But they probably can pull the "please wait for your publisher to go into full release" card if they wanted to.

03-09-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrie
Global Dragon Nest is blocking NA IPs, it's not gonna take any players away.
That sucks.....all the friends I've met in games are usually from Europe or Australia

03-09-2011   #10 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBoy740
That sucks.....all the friends I've met in games are usually from Europe or Australia
Make new friends! 8D

If you're really desperate, proxy. But I dunno how the connections work so that might just create tons of lag. I think it'll probably be p2p so... you can solo stuff and chat at the least. o_o;

03-09-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure the Korean Dragon Nest wasn't p2p. But with Nexon....who knows x_x...(or w/e company will be running Global)

03-09-2011   #12 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBoy740
I'm pretty sure the Korean Dragon Nest wasn't p2p. But with Nexon....who knows x_x...(or w/e company will be running Global)
I think it's P2P, granted I play JP Dragon Nest and I don't lag one bit, but I swear Japanese/Korean people must all have god-tier internet or something, I've partied with them and I've never lagged (even with a vpn on). Or maybe it's because they have better servers. It's just the way the game is structured that makes it seem like it (kinda like DFO actually). I also thought I saw some "bad connection/ping" graphics in the client files but I don't remember where I saw them.

03-09-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

I never seemed to lag even when I wasn't the leader in the korean one so I always assumed they had dedicated servers.

In DFO whether I'm the leader or a party member I make everyone else lag ._.;

03-09-2011   #14 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games

It wont be P2P I know that 100% and I hope Global lets us play. My lunia guild and i dont want to play on non-competitive pvp servers. More people the better.

03-09-2011   #15 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Peer2peer connections, not pay2play.

The fact that soloing through a proxy on a foreign server gives no lag is proof that you're not connecting to their servers.

03-09-2011   #16 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Peer2peer connections, not pay2play.

The fact that soloing through a proxy on a foreign server gives no lag is proof that you're not connecting to their servers.
i know its peer2peer. and i know both shanda and nexon are not doing peer2peer. They are both doing it through servers

03-09-2011   #17 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuss
i know its peer2peer. and i know both shanda and nexon are not doing peer2peer. They are both doing it through servers
Proof.

They'd have to change the coding of it in order to get it to go through servers. And if DFO is any example, they don't mind doing P2P connections.

03-10-2011   #18 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games

I read it on multiple Dragon Nest fansites, they had the proof on there somewhere I will have to dig it up in my spare time