Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-05-2011   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage
Default Nest Building with Lucius and Princess K: Entry 8 -- Community & Content Teams

Quote:
Welcome, Dragon Nest fans! I’m Desmodeus, the Lead Producer for Dragon Nest. We wanted to keep you updated on the progress of the game. The thing is, two of my Associate Producers wanted to handle this blog. So I decided to let them work on it together in the hope that the two of them might somehow balance each other out. If nothing else, it’s an hour a week where I don’t have to deal with either of them.
-- Desmodeus

This week: Community and Content Teams

Princess K: Hello, Dragon Nest fans! You know, there are a lot of different teams that work on ensuring that Dragon Nest is a great experience for our players. I feel a little guilty that the producers tend to get all the glory for the game.

Lucius: I’m sorry, did you say “glory?” I mean sure. If your name is Desmodeus and you ride around in a Ferrari getting interviewed for magazines and swarmed by girls because you take credit for your Assistant Producer’s hard work, I guess there’s some glory in this gig.

Princess K: You are such a silly, Lucius! Anyway, among the many teams that contribute to Dragon Nest, this week we wanted to highlight the Community and Content teams.

Lucius: The Community team? You mean those people downstairs who do nothing all day but post on our forums?

Princess K: I hate to break it to you, Lucius, but they do much more than that. The forums are just a small part of a Community Representative’s job. For example, they manage our Youtube channel, drive growth on the Dragon Nest Facebook page, delete the DNGlobal spam from our comments, and more.

Right now, we’re in the preparation stages of the Closed Beta Test program. A Beta Test is only as good as its participants. The Community team helps develop our participation criteria. They contribute to developing the emails and Beta communications that let our testers know what’s going on. They also work to collate the testers’ feedback so we can get data that helps us make the game better. Of course I wouldn’t say they don’t have fun. How could they not, when they get to spend time with our awesome fans?

Lucius: Wait a minute. You mean they post on the forums, get to be on Facebook all day, and hang out with the fans? Oh, yeah, sounds like a really tough job.

Princess K.: There’s much more to it than that. For example, they reach out to fansites and develop relationships so that our players can get information about Dragon Nest from a variety of websites. A big project going on now is pulling together what we call “seed data” for the wiki, a collection of the basic information about the game in a format that can be used by these sites. Putting together a game wiki is a tough job and we really admire our fans who do it just because they love the game, so the Community team does whatever they can do to help make their job easier.

Lucius: Wait a second; they’re called “Community and Content.” What’s the ‘Content’ part?

Princess K.: That’s the other half of the team. They’re responsible for all of the text that goes up on our website. The production teams write some of the posts– maintenance notices, sales posts, event notices, FAQs, game guides, that kind of thing. Then, Content takes those notices and makes sure that everything is grammatically correct, spelled right, and easy to understand. Finally, they fact check and publish them to the website.

Lucius: Well that can’t be easy with you. You print out all of your documents on scented “Hello Kitty” paper.

Princess K.: This from the guy whose iTunes share library is called “Extreme Megamix Hits?”

Lucius: What’s wrong with being extreme?

Princess K: Amy Grant?

Lucius: Amy Grant is very extreme!

Princess K: Wilson Phillips?

Lucius: Hey, don’t mess with WP.

Princess K: Anyway, the Content team also does a lot of original writing. Some of it is stuff you never think about, like the instructions for contests, web guides on how to download the Dragon Nest client, or descriptions of character powers. Some of it is pretty awesome though. Check out The World Begins with a Crime. That’s the story of Dragon Nest. It was our Content team who took the original story from Korea and turned it into something exciting that would get people here pumped up for Dragon Nest!

Lucius: Fan fiction?

Princess K.: Excuse me?

Lucius: These guys write fan fiction! They have a job writing fan fiction! I sweated all those years in college getting an actual skill while the Content team gets to write fan fiction!

Princess K.: I think when you look at the stories that our Content Team produces, they’re much more than just “fan fiction.” They even take these blog entries that we write and make them intelligible.

Lucius: How hard is that? I write very goodly!

Princess K.: Of course you do, Lucius. Although, if I could offer just a teeny piece of advice, the name of our game is spelled “D-R-A-G-O-N N-E-S-T.”

Lucius: How do I spell it?

Princess K. Last week I saw you spell it with a “7”…
Yup .

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-05-2011   #2 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

anyone want to summarize? 2lazy2readl0lgg