ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Dragon Nest Announcements (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-nest-announcements/)
-   -   [NA] Release the Hellhound! (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-nest-announcements/103731-release-hellhound.html)

Harlequin 10-20-2011 03:56 PM

Release the Hellhound!

The adventurers of Dragon Nest continually challenge the forces of evil in a mighty crusade to save the world. But from the depths of the Abyss comes a new challenge sure to test even the mightiest of heroes. As the Hellhounds are released, you must prepare to face their lord, the mighty Cerberus!

Cerberus Nest

…The Abyss does not give up its secrets easily. Evil comes in so many forms, yet the latest of the Hellbeasts I have seen terrifies me most. It is the dark dog of the hunt, the guardian of the cursed, the living embodiment of the brutal killer who feasts as much on the fears of his prey as the meat of their flesh. The texts call it Cerberus…
-- Marion’s Lab Notes, currently in the Sorceress’ Museum Archives, Mana Ridge

Cerberus is a name that hails from the darkest mists of history. Few have seen the three-headed guardian of Hell. Fewer still have returned from such a vision with their sanity and bodies intact. In recent days, Cerberus was released from the Abyss and now haunts the Black Mountain Path. Adventurers from all over the Northern Kingdom have been drawn to Saint’s Haven by the promise of treasure, but to get their hands on it, they’ll need to defeat the Hellhound.
Accessing Cerberus Nest

You must be at least level 32 to access Cerberus Nest. Additionally, you must have completed The Dragon Raid and received the quest The Guardian of Hell (both quests are given out by Gunther). Once you’ve met these criteria, enter Cerberus Nest by heading north from Saint’s Haven to the Black Mountain Path. Alternatively, you can also enter the nest through the Garden of Eternity in the city proper.

You must also have one of two items:

http://nxcache.nexon.net/spotlight/2...4960496493.JPG • A “Black Sovereign Crest” is required to enter the Abyss version of Cerberus Nest.

http://nxcache.nexon.net/spotlight/2...3e001ef0e9.JPG • A “Black Sovereign Amulet” is required to enter the Hell version of Cerberus Nest.

Black Sovereign items can be found in Dimensional Boxes in Abyss dungeons in the Saint’s Haven area.

Cerberus Nest Limits

Cerberus Nest has a number of limitations that you’ll need to be aware of:

Cerberus Nest (Abyss version)

• Players may only clear the dungeon five times per week.
• Players may only respawn five times per run.
• Players may only use MP Potions purchased from the Dragon Vault.

Cerberus Nest (Hell version)

• Players may only clear the dungeon three times per week.
• Players may only respawn three times per run.
• Players may only use MP Potions purchased from the Dragon Vault.

Rewards

Different items received in each version of Cerberus Nest are used towards the Cerberus set. Some are materials required to construct the different pieces of the “Cerberus” item set, while some are actual Cerberus accessories.

Cerberus Nest (Abyss version)
Items received in the Abyss version can be used to craft Epic level 32 Cerberus armor and clothing:

Cerberus Nest (Hell version)
Items received in the Hell version are Epic level 32 Cerberus accessories:

Lilica 10-20-2011 04:20 PM

I love how it has everything but the date of it, so I assume its at the end of the event?

Theosis 10-20-2011 04:44 PM

Any ideas where the entry items are obtained for this? (when they're implemented)

Harlequin 10-20-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theosis (Post 1623629)
Any ideas where the entry items are obtained for this? (when they're implemented)

"Black Sovereign items can be found in Dimensional Boxes in Abyss dungeons in the Saint’s Haven area."

Lilica 10-20-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlequin (Post 1623631)
"Black Sovereign items can be found in Dimensional Boxes in Abyss dungeons in the Saint’s Haven area."

Yesterday I was still getting Mino Nest passes, so I assume it'll come with the patch.

Resha31773 10-20-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

The pass for hell mode is from the silver chest that appears after beating cerberus abyss, it's a 100% drop for each player in your party (if its the same as SEA).

You can easily solo abyss if you're properly geared. Hell on the other hand poses a bit of a challenge, 2 of his skills could shave off about 15-20k HP (the fire/ice AOE). The black lightning skill is easy to avoid and makes him vulnerable to your attacks that takes some time to cast.

I died twice on my 23k HP acro in hell mode and only got this:
(my first run in hell mode)
Spoiler!

Theosis 10-20-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Oh, haha, I somehow totally skipped over that line.

Lilica 10-20-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resha31773 (Post 1623651)
The pass for hell mode is from the silver chest that appears after beating cerberus abyss, it's a 100% drop for each player in your party (if its the same as SEA).

You can easily solo abyss if you're properly geared. Hell on the other hand poses a bit of a challenge, 2 of his skills could shave off about 15-20k HP (the fire/ice AOE). The black lightning skill is easy to avoid and makes him vulnerable to your attacks that takes some time to cast.

Spoiler!

Comet dust, trololololol, I have a feeling they won't be worth 3g each anymore.

kmelfina 10-21-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilica (Post 1623689)
Comet dust, trololololol, I have a feeling they won't be worth 3g each anymore.

Only if people burn 'em quickly as they come then they won't be >_>;

LiLMewmew 10-21-2011 10:15 PM

Whats comet dust is for?

yes i know i is noob o.o

Poliwhirl 10-21-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLMewmew (Post 1624366)
Whats comet dust is for?

yes i know i is noob o.o

To buy geode pouches from blacksmiths. Random geodes, I think.

cornpirde35 10-22-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resha31773 (Post 1623651)

Spoiler!

so Cerberus compared to minotaur which ones easier to solo because a few of my guild mates say cerberus is easier because his attacks are alot easier to dodge

LiLMewmew 10-22-2011 01:40 PM

Everything is easy to solo if you have OP gear o.o

Poliwhirl 10-22-2011 03:48 PM

Not sure what happened with the maint but I'm getting infinite Gobarta runs right now.

Theosis 10-22-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poliwhirl (Post 1624783)
Not sure what happened with the maint but I'm getting infinite Gobarta runs right now.

Oh really?

Edit: I just tried 1 run and its 1/7, so not sure if it's going to work for me, unless you mean you can keep going in when 7/7 runs are done.

Harlequin 10-22-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poliwhirl (Post 1624783)

Excuse me while I log in :v

Poliwhirl 10-22-2011 04:09 PM

It's like it resets every time you choose a dungeon so you always have 6 runs left.

Donges 10-22-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlequin (Post 1624789)
excuse me while i log in :v

^ .

Theosis 10-22-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poliwhirl (Post 1624795)
It's like it resets every time you choose a dungeon so you always have 6 runs left.

Hmm, interesting. Wonder if this would work for Mino Nest or any of the other Fair games.

Poliwhirl 10-22-2011 04:33 PM

I see "TREASURE RUN FARM" parties so I think so, lol.