ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Diablo III (http://ggftw.com/forum/diablo-iii/)
-   -   Diablo 2/Diablo 3 (http://ggftw.com/forum/diablo-iii/45452-diablo-2-diablo-3-a.html)

Goldie 04-24-2009 07:16 PM

Diablo 2/Diablo 3

Who plays Diablo 2? And who is planning on playing Diablo 3?

Cornflake 04-24-2009 08:23 PM

I played the first diablo to completion both online and single player. I played once through diablo 2, and made it to just above level 30 online. I'm not terribly excited about the new one but if it has good mechanics (as I feel the first two did) and it's not super expensive I'll buy it to give it a try.

I was excited about it until I saw the screenshots, but now I fear it will just be a prettier re-marketed diablo 2.

LiLMewmew 04-24-2009 09:07 PM

played first Diablo offline.
played Diablo II with expansion sets online. I remembered the highest level I got to was level 92 Amazon.

Probably not going to get Diablo 3 cuz I think I'm too old for that ****. :py25:

Houseki 04-26-2009 03:32 AM

ive playing diablo 2 LoD for a long time
and i accidentally lost my LoD disc =p

never played the 1st game before
diablo III? no thanks

Krakas 04-26-2009 04:21 AM

Diablo two was ok and...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyorin (Post 806928)
diablo III? no thanks

this ^ :py44:

WhatThePho 04-26-2009 08:57 AM

The Diablo series was never really a good platform as a MMO. It didn't have a lot of tools or options for a community to grow.

Shinshiro 04-27-2009 02:54 PM

played Diablo I, II and expansion, and im looking forward to playing III

Goldie 04-27-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrClastro (Post 807087)
The Diablo series was never really a good platform as a MMO. It didn't have a lot of tools or options for a community to grow.

It was never considered a MMORPG.

Amianan 04-27-2009 08:58 PM

I played I, II( for 2 yrs) . And I'm waiting for III. xD

eD3N 04-28-2009 07:07 AM

Wow not alot of Diablo fans in here

I played the original on my old ass p.o.s. computer so long ago, online too. Basically you could join a game, grab godly duped equips on the ground in the middle of the town and destroy anything :D

Started playing Diablo 2 seriously really late, patch 1.10. Got super rich and decked out several times, did ladder resets, quit, new patch; I came back to see, quit again, etc..

Nearly shat myself when they announced D3
I want to play it now.

Paul 04-28-2009 07:38 AM

I played LoD for a while until i found out they do resets. Then i got bored of it since not much other to do other than find runes and PVP.

logan 05-02-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eD3N (Post 809962)
Wow not alot of Diablo fans in here

I played the original on my old ass p.o.s. computer so long ago, online too. Basically you could join a game, grab godly duped equips on the ground in the middle of the town and destroy anything :D

I played diablo for a long time too. I think the plate was called whale something? Plate of the whale? You could ask any dude to dupe one for you. And those rings that gave like +15 to all stats? And the king sword of something, that had fast attack speed? That stuff made you a killing machine at level one.

Then i played diablo 2 for a long time.
And i'm looking foward to diablo 3, of course :)

Marisa 08-01-2011 11:11 AM

N-N-N-NECRO

SINCE THIS IS DIABLO 3/DIABLO 2 THREAD I GIVE YOU THIS. e

Diablo III Mods Are Forbidden, Banned, Not Allowed

Mods are Forbidden in Diablo III.

Someone kill me. Are game companies turning into bullshit?

First no MML3. Second DRM is good bullshit. Now this no modding Diablo III.

**** You the only reason I still play Diablo II is for mods.

Jon 08-01-2011 11:15 AM

I'm looking forward to Diablo 3 (some of the reveals from the press event were shocking). Admittedly, I never played the first two, but I don't see any reason for that fact to deter me from playing.

Marisa 08-01-2011 11:25 AM

Because, when you complete the story almost nothing is left.

Also, mods are why DoTA came to life.

Again, like I said mods are still why I play games like Titan Quest, Age of Mythology, Diablo I/II, Starcraft, Warcraft III ect.

Ayumi 08-01-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldie (Post 805329)
Who plays Diablo 2? And who is planning on playing Diablo 3?

Me & me! Played DII for some time, reaaaaaally waiting for D3.
It's been so long, I can't wait any longer.. the wait is unreasonable. :<

Poople 08-01-2011 01:16 PM

I never played Diablo 2 i was more of a Nox guy (R.I.P. Westwood), can't wait to try Diablo 3 though

Noctis 08-01-2011 08:30 PM

I can kind of understand why they don't want mods for Diablo III. They're gonna have that auction house to sell items for real world money. I was surprised. And I'd guess that they'll update it with new content as time passes. So for a while there won't be anything to do until they put in something new.

Edit: I just found out how often Blizzard takes a cut of that real world money. Wow... A fee to put the item up in the AH( no refund if it doesn't sell). A cut of the sale( if it sells). And another fee if you cash out what you've made.

Jon 08-02-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noctis (Post 1580566)
I can kind of understand why they don't want mods for Diablo III. They're gonna have that auction house to sell items for real world money. I was surprised. And I'd guess that they'll update it with new content as time passes. So for a while there won't be anything to do until they put in something new.

Edit: I just found out how often Blizzard takes a cut of that real world money. Wow... A fee to put the item up in the AH( no refund if it doesn't sell). A cut of the sale( if it sells). And another fee if you cash out what you've made.

If you're worried about it, read this. It's a really good article on the matter.

Ayumi 08-02-2011 11:50 AM

http://www.diablofans.com/uploads/ga...190_191872.jpg