ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Diablo III (http://ggftw.com/forum/diablo-iii/)
-   -   Favorite Follower Thread! (http://ggftw.com/forum/diablo-iii/114295-favorite-follower-thread.html)

kuyaBaka 06-27-2012 10:58 PM

Favorite Follower Thread!

Quotes from Followers - Diablo 3 Wiki

Kormac, The Templar.
Spoiler!

Lyndon, the Scoundrel.
Spoiler!

Eirena, the Enchantress.
Spoiler!

These three accompany us throughout our journey to fight off Diablo, and become a close companion also. I'm sure I'm not the only one whose grown attached to one or two of them, whether it be because of their brute force, amazing utility, beautiful pixels, or witty banter. Who is your favorite and why?

Personally, I love Lyndon the Scoundrel. Mainly because he's so fun to listen and talk to that it gives a nice comic break to lighten the mood. And I can't help but ship Lyndon and Kormac just because of their complete differences. I think they're pretty much bfs 4 lyfe. But I really do enjoy listening to his stories about his life and background.
[spoiler]Being raised as an orphan, then pretty much being turned away by his only family -- his brother -- after he tipped his brother off using his connections with the Thieves' Guild. [/i] I pretty much poured out all my feelings for him; I'm just a softie like that.

Combat-wise, Lyndon probably isn't the best option. Kormac's heals help, even if just a little (I mean, it's pretty equivalent to my Hex's Hedge Magic rune) but his only CC's put him at risk of dying so it's kind of like a last-resort Gargantuan/Zombie Dogs. Eirena has some really nice CC -- a charm, a knockback or AoE snare, and a last-minute AoE Hex -- but I have a couple problems waiting for her to pull out her utility at the right time. Her reflect projectiles is a nice buff to have, but I can't remember a time where she actually used it. Bugged, maybe?

Jon 06-28-2012 01:26 PM

I have no real personal feelings towards any of the followers, I just use depending on what character I'm using. However, if I had to pick a favorite, it'd be Eirena.

Queen 06-28-2012 05:35 PM

I find Kormac's enthusiasm thoroughly enjoyable.

RaineScarlet 06-28-2012 08:14 PM

I like equipping Lyndon with a +cold damage to foreversnare everything, on top of his usual slow cc. :>

NiBo 06-29-2012 12:32 AM

I only play solo when doing Whimsyshire, then I choose Eirena. I played with Kormac equiped with vit stuff (got him to 71k HP), BUT I still didn't find him that useful, since the monsters still kept comming after me >_> on top of that, he did bring me some more that were attacking him.
Very good, you lure another ton of monsters to me just to heal 3~4k of my HP >_>

Light 01-25-2013 12:01 PM

Thus far I like Eirena the most, her ability to turn all the enemies in an area into chickens has helped save my ass on multiple occasions. It's also a plus that she spams that skill after what feels like a short 10 second cooldown.

My only problem with any of the followers as mentioned is that they don't take any real aggro, which is disappointing because as a Demon Hunter I wouldn't mind if Kormac tanked the mobs while I shot them from afar.