Well, how long do you have until you need to finalize the decision? Also, do you or Mr. Lighty know anybody in DC that might be able to help you settle in if you do move? If it would help you financially or in any other way, then I would really consider it. I agree, it would be the best time to move since the boys aren't in school yet, but it still depends on how you feel about it.
My dad was actually in the same situation- all of his side of the family was in New York. (My mom's side wasn't even in the country, so yeah.) You could always go back to Minnesota every summer to visit. That's what my family does.
as far as how long we have to decide..its still up in the air a little...mr. lighty put in the application (mostly a formality...) on monday, and wont have a phone interview until next week probably. theres another issue that needs to be resolved as well before its all final, and after that issue is done (i'm not supposed to talk about it), mr. lighty can talk to his other boss (lol..he has like, 4 bosses.) about getting a raise to stay here and just move to a better neighborhood around here...or something.
confused yet? :-p
and no, we dont know anybody in DC. and yeah, we can always visit back here, but...i dunno. we can barely afford to go anywhere as it is...so a cross country trip every year is...eh. and its crazy expensive over there...
er....i'll stop before i get too ranty and incoherent...
I made sugar cookies today. Elliot helped. and by helped..i mean he poured the entire container of sprinkles on one cookie. boy sure knows how to make cookies