ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Dawn Guild (http://ggftw.com/forum/dawn-guild/)
-   -   *important* (http://ggftw.com/forum/dawn-guild/114413-important.html)

OwlyDreams 07-02-2012 04:20 AM

*important*

Hai,

First I shall introduce myself. My name is Shirlette Katherine -Surname- -Surname-. You can call me Shirley or Kate. (Or stuff like Shir, Shily, Shirls, Kath, Katie, Kat.. whatever).

So.. Who am I? I'm just a member like mostlikely the reader of this, a.k.a. you.

I think many have already noticed, but the activity of the guild is very low. We have quality members like Nysee, Zokei, Callee, JokX, Archie, Elena.. And of course our subs and leader, Lara, Lucky, Elaiza(Hiku) and Michael (Nichi). Forgive me if I didn't mention you, probably that is because I haven't met you yet.
Although we have such great people among us, still somehow the guild doesn't ''connect'' in my personal opinion. Perhaps some will not agree with me, but I noticed the lack of connection between the members. I've been brainstorming over what it possibly could be. Maybe some are shy, some don't want to be bothered, some are afraid to speak up.. I have no idea, but this just can't go on like this.

Dawn is a big, friendly, helpful family. Anyone is welcome in Dawn, although we ask just some simple things from you. To be active and friendly. Now I understand that some of you have things to do. One has work, the other studies. That's understandable, and I do not ask you to be online and active in Dawn 24/7.

All I ask from you all, as a member, as a part of this big family, and as a friend, please try to do something for the guild aswell. Try getting to know someone else abit more, maybe you guys have the same likes, maybe you guys like the same movie, book.. whatever. Maybe it doesn't work out, but that's ok, you can't be friends with everyone, and at least you tried. Perhaps tell some people who haven't joined a guild that Dawn is nice, we will welcome the person with open arms. We are always glad to welcome another person aboard.

I care for this guild and for the people in it, and that is why I also try to do something. Hopefully someone else in Dawn wants to help aswell.

EDIT: I've read the idea of Rokugatsu about the chat. In my opinion this is a very nice idea. This way everyone can chat without any problem with eachother. But for now I'd like to concentrate on the activity inside the guild, with that I mean ingame, and not outside.

Thank you for reading, I appreciate it. Here's a kitten. :py55:

http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumb...gthumbnail.jpg

P.S If you DO think that you connect with others, if you DO think that you are active. Good. I didn't name any names, so please, instead of posting here that you are active, maybe suggest some ideas for the guild to be more active. :py43:

LuckyM 07-02-2012 11:42 AM

I got lots of crap on my mind, and im inactive due to army </3 but :P count me in girl~ ima try and see when i can login. and trying to move things in the army, to be more often, takes way much longer than expected, but im at the edge of being home OO~ so when i can ill login and try do it all active XD~. the main thing needed is that ppl will simply talk :P communicate like u said.

wells~ the one and only Me~ will try to help :py62::py62::py62:

OwlyDreams 07-02-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyM (Post 1741155)
I got lots of crap on my mind, and im inactive due to army </3 but :P count me in girl~ ima try and see when i can login. and trying to move things in the army, to be more often, takes way much longer than expected, but im at the edge of being home OO~ so when i can ill login and try do it all active XD~. the main thing needed is that ppl will simply talk :P communicate like u said.

wells~ the one and only Me~ will try to help :py62::py62::py62:

I know you're very busy Lucky. Really appreciate this positive comment! Thank you for joining Team Rocket sir, yes, sir! :py53:

Prepare for trouble! Make it double! To protect the world from devastation! To unite all peoples within our nation! To denounce the evils of truth and love! To extend our reach to the stars above!

:py62::py62::py62::py62::py62::py62::py62:

Callee 07-02-2012 03:18 PM

*pops in like a boss* :py62::py62::py62::py62::py62::py62::py62:
sorry for my week of away-ness, i have been on eden ;)

Ephemeral 07-02-2012 06:32 PM

each of us have reason why can't be active.. in my case, studies. well as long as im in the university or not at home, i can't be online in the game.. well after school my daily routine is to play this game until midnight.. then go to sleep, and be online as i wake up in the morning.. then go school. well i can't be active as i was last vacation which i can spent time on the game for like 10hrs a day.

tho some ppl doesn't talk much.. i mean, most ppl that are online are afk. some aren't logging in. i also noticed that even last vacation. most of the ppl in the guild are not logging in. :py25::py25:

being offline and afk is too mainsteam.. especially hiku! oh she was very busy with her birthday. >:P

LadyLambdadelta 07-02-2012 06:47 PM

Sorry about my switching between active/inactive a lot guys ): For me personally I have a lot of studies and basketball going on even during summer break because of SAT camps, UCI science research camp, and varsity basketball coach being a poop and making us go to EVERY PRACTICE AND GAME -_- And when marching band camps starts again I'm basically screwed and I'll most likely never be able to log on lolz fml @.@

But if there were more guild events like games, (bring back the Murderer Game please :D) and GVG I think it would help people get more active...? I've talked to Hiku about doing a GVG but of course we'd have to find enough members on at one time and another guild to battle...takes a lot of effort to plan out...
It's been years since I've done a GVG with Dawn</3 I think we should get back into it again- it'll give me more motivation to REALLY TRY and make more time to log on to TO in my limited amount of freetime!! GVG! GVG! GVG!

BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIKU! I HAVE TO GET YOU SOMETHING :D

LauraMix 07-02-2012 07:32 PM

I'm not too sure, since I have my doubts about you.

Rokugatsu 07-02-2012 07:33 PM

While I do get on, I don't often see people online as much and that does suck, as I said before on my thread about the chat I wanted to be use by everyone in the guild to just talk as it can be found here. its simple to use and you don't need to install ANYTHING. PEOPLE USE THE CHAT OK!

And yeah, I do have stuff to do as well, as I'm planning to do something that I hope will be release soon.

and I got sick. it sucks

HikU 07-02-2012 08:01 PM

"runz around" :py28::py28::py28: soorryy~~ im liek the haxx AFKer :py06::py06::py06: i dun have much time playing much now but i'll do as much as i can when im online~

nichiyobi 07-02-2012 08:10 PM

In my case, it's not like I'm inactive or anything. Most of the time I'm juggling between sleep and setting my schedules straight. But I logon whenever I can though.

And hmmm don't take it against me or anything, I'll be stating my opinion on this.

Personally, I wouldnt like it if I logon and nobody else is talking to me other than Demi, Lucky, Zokei, JokX, Nysee, Neko, or Archie(if you ddnt get mentioned sorry but if we did get to talk, it just means I just forgot). Also, if I logon and someone just says hi and nothing else, well that wouldnt be interesting now would it.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here believe me, it's just how I see the guild right now.

If we're going to do something we should do it while we still have a chance.

And also Shirley I'll be willing to extend my help if need be. You know me :P

LadyLambdadelta 07-02-2012 11:45 PM

After I've had more time to really think this over...I think it's time I say goodbye to Dawn.

I think my inactiveness is mostly fueled by the fact that my timezone is so much different from everyone else's in the guild. When I do log on, I realize that I could play longer. It's just that NO ONE (and I really mean no one. For the past 3 weeks whenever I've logged on to Dawn I was the only one "Connected" besides AFK Hiku D: ) is on and I have no motivation to stay logged on.

With my summer already extremely packed, I really can't find time to log onto TO until around 10 PM PST. From what I've known Dawn members have mostly been SEA/European timezone (except for a few old, no-longer members like Dia and Aky) so I've been having a lot more trouble catching people online. And as true in life, people come and go. Many old Dawn members no longer play TO and even though I'm not leaving the game, it looks like it's my turn to say goodbye.

This year will be my Junior year of high school so my schedule can only get busier from now on = not logging on until very late PST time. So I guess now I'll go guild hunting for a guild that has a lot more PST players.

I know most of the old members that I had the time to get to know are gone (so they most likely won't see this), and the newer members I've sadly haven't been able to get to know as much. ...But I'd like to thank you all for everything! It's been an amazing 3 years being part of Dawn<3 All you guys take care and have fun playing TO and IRL!

<3 Love <3
Lady

(I'll probably come by to check on Dawn forums every once in awhile just to see what's up :))

OwlyDreams 07-03-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ephemeral (Post 1741288)
each of us have reason why can't be active..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ephemeral (Post 1741288)
most ppl that are online are afk. some aren't logging in.

Exactly, each of us have our reasons to be inactive, but I would still like to say something. Let me take an example. Lucky is very busy with army now, but still somehow he makes time to login. Even if you can only be online 2 hours per 3/4 days. Though I personally don't see that immediately as active. In my personal opinion, you are active when you come online now and then, connect with others, post something on the forum, etc .. But logging on and being afk? That is NOT active guys. Just set your character at Dawn spot, or wherever, is I repeat, NOT active because you're afk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraMix (Post 1741301)
I'm not too sure, since I have my doubts about you.

You are not too sure about what exactly? Please explain. And you have doubts about me? In which point exactly? Please explain. :py54:

Edit: As far as I know you're not part of Dawn, with this I can't see how you can judge Dawn and/or me. But I'd still like to know what it is you have doubts about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokugatsu (Post 1741302)
my thread about the chat I wanted to be use by everyone in the guild to just talk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokugatsu (Post 1741302)
and I got sick.

That is great that you came up with this idea. I like it alot yes. But what I'm talking about now is the activity ingame which needs to go up. First that, then everything else? :py32:

And get well soon! :py63:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nichiyobi (Post 1741313)
Personally, I wouldnt like it if I logon and nobody else is talking to me other than Demi, Lucky, Zokei, JokX, Nysee, Neko, or Archie(if you ddnt get mentioned sorry but if we did get to talk, it just means I just forgot). Also, if I logon and someone just says hi and nothing else, well that wouldnt be interesting now would it.

Quote:

If we're going to do something we should do it while we still have a chance.

That's exactly why I posted this. To do something while we still can do something.

Quote:

And also Shirley I'll be willing to extend my help if need be. You know me :P

Yes yes I know you'll help :3 :py55:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyLambdadelta (Post 1741358)
After I've had more time to really think this over...I think it's time I say goodbye to Dawn.

Oh Lady how I will miss you. I still want to have contact though, even if it will be hard! I want your MSN, Facebook, Whatsapp... WHATEVER Q.Q .. in my private messages!!!! :puppy::puppy::puppy::puppy::puppy:

LauraMix 07-03-2012 01:24 PM

Don't start a flame war with me.

And I was a former Dawn Member before til I quit before but I am semi-active in the forums.

Also, I have 2 very trusted friends told me about you're action on, End of January 2012 - Start of February 2012.

And plus this is Supersonic06/AuraMix/AuraTyranitar.

OwlyDreams 07-03-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraMix (Post 1741474)
Don't start a flame war with me.

And I was a former Dawn Member before til I quit before but I am semi-active in the forums.

Also, I have 2 very trusted friends told me about you're action on, End of January 2012 - Start of February 2012.

And plus this is Supersonic06/AuraMix/AuraTyranitar.

I'm not starting any war with you, I'm just asking you questions. I see. Well being active on the forums is different from being active in the guild, in my opinion. So again, in my opinion, the members of the guild know better since they are in the guild.

My ''action'' at the beginning of this year - aka me leaving Dawn, was I think a very normal reaction to what happened. If you were told the whole story, I think you would understand that I felt very, very hurt after what I've heard, and didn't see how I could stay in Dawn anymore. However, I discussed this later with my very trusted friends.
Now that I came back again, I talked to my very trusted friends who are aswell subleaders. I don't see any of those protest against my being in Dawn, and I can tell that even one of them told me this; ''Dawn needs active members, you're one of them''
''.. I don't mean that you're the only one to revive Dawn, but at the moment you've got the most passion to do that''

The other two subleaders, like Michael for instance, as you can also see some posts above you, are happy to have me.

If you want any print screens that one of the subleaders actually told me what I just quoted, just say so. I don't lie anyway :).

Edit: Could you still tell me what you're not too sure about?

Gaap 07-03-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyLambdadelta (Post 1741293)
Sorry about my switching between active/inactive a lot guys ): For me personally I have a lot of studies and basketball going on even during summer break because of SAT camps, UCI science research camp, and varsity basketball coach being a poop and making us go to EVERY PRACTICE AND GAME -_- And when marching band camps starts again I'm basically screwed and I'll most likely never be able to log on lolz fml @.@

But if there were more guild events like games, (bring back the Murderer Game please :D) and GVG I think it would help people get more active...? I've talked to Hiku about doing a GVG but of course we'd have to find enough members on at one time and another guild to battle...takes a lot of effort to plan out...
It's been years since I've done a GVG with Dawn</3 I think we should get back into it again- it'll give me more motivation to REALLY TRY and make more time to log on to TO in my limited amount of freetime!! GVG! GVG! GVG!

BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIKU! I HAVE TO GET YOU SOMETHING :D

*Invade 'cause I'm an Ex-Member?*

Ahhh! For your age, you seem to be busy! Hauuu!!! @A@;

This is a perspective from a member of my own guild, yet I go AFK-dazes at times. With the access to FireFox and had other community-based sites to run and chat, you would most likely go AFK and check on the web like Tumblr or Facebook... And really. I know there are a handful of people who can do multi-task, but for my case I can't, because the most "priority" place to check are the ones that flash out the most, lol!

And agree double on the Witch. Timezones are vary on each member. Lucky for me me and Sherry/BEATRICE are on PST... Let alone surprisingly at the same state! The only flaw is that I am at my own dead/hibernating guild and the rest of my characters (who are not as active) are at Sherry's mule guild. ^^; (Worldend Dominator FTW!)

So anyway, I LOVE the Murder Games/Midnight Dawn Mysteries (Yes I am giving this game series a title) and GvG. M.C. had been an anti-GvG guild for a long time and I am the only strongest character of a guild leader that is capable of helping out in these fun Dog-Days-like wars.. Plus we are waiting for the new GvG system, right?

Yea. Sorry to butt right in, but I enjoy being with some of my known Dawn friends back there... And I think it's because of Sherry that I have made M.C. a story-based guild. Hiku as Virgilia, Sherry as most of the witches so far (though Lambda-Fox got frozen atm), and I run one of the Ushiromiyas a Bunny (LadyGaap) who is a witch-occult fangirl. Oh and the "Mascot Wars" with Sherry's fox in it was epic~! B) Maybe Dawn can pull a similar forum event? I don't mind someone mooching my ideas.

Okay enough blabbering! I have my own pressures at the moment, especially at the trip and the stuff I want to bring that I know I am not able to. T.T;

LadyLambdadelta 07-03-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OwlyDreams (Post 1741459)

Oh Lady how I will miss you. I still want to have contact though, even if it will be hard! I want your MSN, Facebook, Whatsapp... WHATEVER Q.Q .. in my private messages!!!! :puppy::puppy::puppy::puppy::puppy:

Aww Shirley we definitely need to stay in touch! I'll send you my private infos through PM :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaap (Post 1741493)
*Invade 'cause I'm an Ex-Member?*

Ahhh! For your age, you seem to be busy! Hauuu!!! @A@;

This is a perspective from a member of my own guild, yet I go AFK-dazes at times. With the access to FireFox and had other community-based sites to run and chat, you would most likely go AFK and check on the web like Tumblr or Facebook... And really. I know there are a handful of people who can do multi-task, but for my case I can't, because the most "priority" place to check are the ones that flash out the most, lol!

And agree double on the Witch. Timezones are vary on each member. Lucky for me me and Sherry/BEATRICE are on PST... Let alone surprisingly at the same state! The only flaw is that I am at my own dead/hibernating guild and the rest of my characters (who are not as active) are at Sherry's mule guild. ^^; (Worldend Dominator FTW!)

So anyway, I LOVE the Murder Games/Midnight Dawn Mysteries (Yes I am giving this game series a title) and GvG. M.C. had been an anti-GvG guild for a long time and I am the only strongest character of a guild leader that is capable of helping out in these fun Dog-Days-like wars.. Plus we are waiting for the new GvG system, right?

Yea. Sorry to butt right in, but I enjoy being with some of my known Dawn friends back there... And I think it's because of Sherry that I have made M.C. a story-based guild. Hiku as Virgilia, Sherry as most of the witches so far (though Lambda-Fox got frozen atm), and I run one of the Ushiromiyas a Bunny (LadyGaap) who is a witch-occult fangirl. Oh and the "Mascot Wars" with Sherry's fox in it was epic~! B) Maybe Dawn can pull a similar forum event? I don't mind someone mooching my ideas.

Okay enough blabbering! I have my own pressures at the moment, especially at the trip and the stuff I want to bring that I know I am not able to. T.T;

MINI<3
LOLZ I used to multi-task on my laptop so much but now I'm running short on ram so I can't have internet open while I'm on VMware to run Trickster ):
And plus I'm at a science research camp at a college right now and many sites are blocked sighhh. Luckily I was able to find proxy to get this site through hehe (plus I can use my phone occasionally to get through...I just hate posting on my phone. Lags like heck when I type)

I'm so glad we have the same timezone. It's so much easier to catch eachother (well at least when I was still in MC and when you used to play more often :py25:) I was wondering do you know of any guilds that are "PST friendly?" ...besides MC apparently since I heard you guys have started to become really inactive ): (what's with guilds dying these days?)

I can't wait for the new GVG system!!! It will be amazing! And I want to GVG with you!! (but you said MC doesn't like to GVG much? D: )
I'll unfreeze LadyxEva really soon because I'm thinking of moving my future Soul Master who took her spot to another account. YAY!

Mini I want to hear more of your stories about the Duelist Trio again and everything else!

Btw how has your summer been? What have you been up to? :)

Flareen 07-04-2012 02:16 AM

Well - I've been on holiday for over a month now. Most should know.
First of all; all guilds have quiet moments. Some "die"from it - some get over it.
Dawn was pretty much going up again till I started getting busy with work+preperations for my holiday.
I was worried things would go downhill while I am away and therefore talked with some members and basically pointed out that all need towork for it.A guild doesnt run because of one or two people. At least it shouldn't. Guilds are groups and it should be in everyones interest that it works out. Now there are several players who don't feel that way - fair enough. But Dawn was always lucky to have many such members. But it's pretty much THOSE who are starting to lack time.
I can't really judge how things havebeen over the last months but by what I have heard and partly seen... I'm quite disapointed of how low things have gone (or I justgot thewrong impression).
People get busy. I do too. That's more than understandable. But one thing i simply can't hear anymore is "I talk but they don't." Almost everyone is saying that so something clearly isn't working right. Personaly if I talk to someone and they don't reply...I give them a PM slap and the chat starts going.
I'll have time again and will be (a lot?)on TO during thenext weeks. Which means i can take my share of dawn "work" again but I honestly don't want to do it alone. And the last 1-2 weeks before I left pretty much fellt like I amdoing it alone simply because theones that usually help too are also busy.
Anyways - I have no intentions of letting Dawn die anytime soon. Dawn has gotten over phases like this and as long as people worktogether - it will again.

OwlyDreams 07-04-2012 03:30 AM

Hi Lara, I know you've been very busy and on holiday. Welcome back, (How was it??)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flareen (Post 1741713)
One thing i simply can't hear anymore is "I talk but they don't."

Well, by now, me neither. Like you said we're a group, we're supposed to work together. I came back, hearing how downhill Dawn was going, to also try to help you guys out. Give the others some spirit? >_<

Quote:

I honestly don't want to do it alone.

Well you're not alone. You can count me in already. And more people in the guild are ready to help, I think.

Quote:

Dawn has gotten over phases like this and as long as people worktogether - it will again.

Exactly! :py55:

nichiyobi 07-04-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyLambdadelta
Aww Shirley we definitely need to stay in touch! I'll send you my private infos through PM

Count me in as well LOL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaap
Maybe Dawn can pull a similar forum event? I don't mind someone mooching my ideas

Hey why not! xD I've wanted some input on some Dawn Events maybe we can pitch some of urs too :D AAAND I really miss doing Dawn events lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flareen
Which means i can take my share of dawn "work" again but I honestly don't want to do it alone. And the last 1-2 weeks before I left pretty much fellt like I amdoing it alone simply because theones that usually help too are also busy.

Yes I quite agree and I'm quite guilty of that. But like I said I'm willing to lend out my hand. I'm not letting Dawn go out just yet. I still feel the potential in it :)

Jok 07-06-2012 06:14 PM

I've been busy on game, everyone talking in party, guild, etc.. it's hard to manage, so sorry if I ignore someone D: