Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-07-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Lunar's Wizard Skill evaluations

Lunar’s Wizard Guide
I decided to release my guide because THERE ARE NO GOOD ONES!
TIP FOR PVPERS: Get your *** to 41+.

Version 0.0000000000000001b (I’m too lazy to finish it)

Ice Arrow-it shoots out 2-6 ice arrows depending on skill level that follow target (only if target is in front of u)

Pros: It gets dash cancellable in a later patch. Good to continue combos or run away after a messed up dash as. Good to hold down opponents in team play and for its damage.. 100x6 not so bad. 12 second reuse is a bit average but helps a lot in comboing. Higher damage plus faster cooldown than fire orb so I’d recommend this instead of fireorb for staging. For team pvp, I’d recommend getting this and remove ice rain completely.

Cons: this is one of the skills that has absolutely no cons. NONE!
it's hard to aim. but that's no con if u know how to use

PVP: 1:1 (1 point), teampvp (max)
Stage: 0, 1, max

Icicle Rain-casts 7 ice pieces that drop from above

Pros: One of the best damage skills with its 15 second reuse.

Cons: there is only one combo it can be used in which is pillar of abyss then ice rain if used further into a combo does small amounts of damage because of damage reduction. The pillar+rain combo is semi-hard to do for full effect… most people do not use it correctly but think they do..(requires full 7 hits for full damage)

PVP: max
Stage: max

Ice wall-casts a wall behind you.

Pros: good to use as a get away tool after u mess up dash as. Also you know that annoying magic defense by knights? Ice wall helps u survive that. There are other uses like wall trap, etc but I’ll let your imagination do the work.

Cons: if used incorrectly can trap you or be used against u.

PVP: any level depending on your use since reuse is 25 secs at any level. (1 for dash as icewall, 3 for dash as icewall and dodge from magic defense and dodge from ppl and lure people and ***** and ****** and***)

Cold Blue Dragon- summons a dragon that flies vertically upwards and hits 3 times.

Pros: Your best friend in pvp… High damage large radius.

Cons: reuse is 30 secs? Don’t waste your dragons!!

Ice Pillar-summons 3 pillars from the ground that strike enemies on the ground or standing.

Pros: correction reset skill… if maxed can do about 500-600 dmg if two pillars hit.

Cons: EXTREMELY hard to hit targets (when you’re a noob). Mostly only hits once so about 200-250 dmg which isn’t worth maxing..

PVP: 1 or max (does not increase height by level only damage)
Stage: 1 for knock down

Bitter Cold Breath-jumps upwards becoming invincible then freezes everything in its radius

Pros: Defensive skill used to save yourself in tight spots.

Cons: leaves you vulnerable for skills that track. i.e. whirlwind wave. Don’t be an idiot and waste your BCB on a dash as pillar figure out your opponents pattern and use wisely.

PVP: 1 is enough
Stage: 1

Fire Bomb-shoots two fire balls forward

Pros: High damage skill. About the same as cold blue dragon but only 2 hits max (usually one hit but wise people use it on a wall which is two hits). 7 second reuse, fastest cooldown skill for the wizard

Cons: spam this and say goodbye to your mana.

Stage: 0 or max (0 for pure aoe mages)

Fire Orb-shoots one big orb that splits into 4 that track its target

Pros: tracking skill.. good to help you recharge mana or other stuff. It travels faster and farther as it levels.

Cons: no time to cast if your opponent is aggressive. Tracks many targets if in team pvp.

Stage: 0 because your usually fighting mobs meaning 4 monsters get hit 100 damage.. that is not a lot. Plus I recommend icearrow over this cause it does more dmg with less cooldown.

Ocean of Fire-an AOE attack

Pros: area of effect skill, burns, stiffens.

Cons: slow cast, slower than fury of land.

PVP: 0 or 1 the damage isn’t worth it since it drains mp.
Stage: 1 or max

Fire Dragon’s Heart-places an orb where casted and automatically shoots fireballs.

Pros: same as Fire orb except planted at one spot and shoots itself.

Cons: gives time for knights to cast magic defense which renders this skill useless.

PVP: 1 or max for the speed and distance
Stage: 0 or 1

Rain of Fire

Pros: area of effect skill

Cons: need to waste a skill to cancel

PVP: 1
Stage: 1 or max?(if your full aoe I guess you can add this to your arsenal)

Red Fire Dragon

Pros: none I hate this skill

Cons: slow casting.. for wut? 400 dmg max. wow. This skill is slower than meteor. To successfully cast this skill u must be far off screen which gives opponent time to recharge mp or heal or whatever while you’re wasting 2xx mp to cast this slow skill.
For stage learn to combo and don’t waste time on 400 dmg when your regular hits will do 100 per.

PVP: 0 or 1
Stage: 0 or 1 (damage increase isn’t worth it.)(1 point for aoe stage mages)

Death Dragon

Pros: I don’t have this skill don’t know but.. from videos.. fast cast.

Cons: I don’t know either. Only good if you can time it so that you’d get interrupted after cast thus allowing you to be free to cast other skills.

Fury of Land

Pros: slows, 100+ dmg per hit at higher lvls

Cons: 70 sec reuse

PVP: 0 or max
Stage: 0 or max (people who say you should max either fury or ocean of fire are talking about hybrid builds. It’s good to max both so you can nuke mobs in a well organized party.)

Hand of Earth

Pros: good to combo with

Cons: none really.. besides the 17 reuse

Summon Rock

Pros: look at cons. Best mob combo, dragon + rock.

Cons: ice rain is better, uncomboable after, can only be used after blue dragon making this skill very weak after damage reduction. For those instances that blue dragon only hits 2 times this skill goes to waste as it is uncancellable thus allowing opponent to counter.

PVP: 0 or max if u like this skill (do not put 1 point.. that’s stupid u get like. 40 dmg total for a waste of a skill point, aa aaa does about 40..)
Stage: 0 or max

Land Giant’s Fist

Pros: good to combo with like hand of earth

Cons: 30 second reuse

Stage: 0 or 1(if used correctly land giant’s fist can do 400-500 damage for just ONE point)

Pillar of Abyss

Pros: used to launch character higher for combo like hand of earth.

Cons: higher level eats 100mp +

PVP: 1,4,7 (although seems to be more like 1,3,6)(the lower numbers are possible to cast these following combos but allows no error such as distance, lag, etc.)
Different levels gives different height to opponent on the ground.. not already in the air
1-able to do pillar+dragon combo
4- aa dash as, Pillar+firebomb maybe
7-Pillar+ice rain (basically launches as high as dash as pillar, a lil lower)
Stage: 1 cause u don’t need the correction reset.
Summon Meteor

Pros: strong aoe and can be comboable

Cons: long cast time, 300 sec reuse, hard to combo with unless u want to waste like 300mp for a measly 200 dmg(in pvp)

Mana Increase(bless)

Pros: more mp means longer combos, can help you regain some mp to do one more combo after you have reached 0hp

Cons: using up points might mean you have to sacrifice some skills.

PVP: 0 or 1 or max (maxing this instead of mana increase for team pvp is more recommended if you are planning to get above average gear. Max int gives you around 2k mp. So it is enough to survive)
Stage: I dunno someone recommend to me. Most likely 0 since u have all the time in the stage to recharge mana
ALL OTHER BLESSES ARE USELESS
Ability: Mana Increase (PVP 1:1 max or you might be screwed, stage max)
Hp Increase (max of course)
Critical Blow (recommended 1 point cause I said so!)

Any remaining points u have into mana recovery.
Mana Recovery is optional in all ways. However if you are planning to get godly gear maxing this over mana increase can give you a slight advantage.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-07-2008   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

any comments welcome(no i wont bite ur head off) *taking up spot*
questions will be added and answered here i guess..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatkins
0.0000000000000001b?!
explain more for fire rain? its aoe and temporarily "stuns" ppl when it hits... but should you still get it for pvp if you already have say... lvl 4 ocean? (cuz someone really screwed up their build) and isn't fire rain for pvp really mana costly since it usually doesn't hit all the shots?
fire rain is costly but its better to waste 300+ mp for 500 dmg than to waste 130 for nothing(in combo with fireorb)
also... that's y u dont spam it like an idiot use it near walls... they have absolutely no where to run to... and is guaranteed to get hit at least 3-4 times
no matter wut ur other aoes are u must get lvl 1 rain of fire... fire orb has half or less cooldown than any other aoe.
i.e. fury fireorb for dmg.. 25 secs later fireorb rain of fire for dmg again. 25 secs later.. fireorb mp regen
or.. fire orb ocean of fire, fireorb rain of fire, fire orb mp regen
or. fire orb rain of fire, fire orb mp regen.. spam some ocean of fire mp regen
etc

02-07-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Fatkins is on a distinguished road

0.0000000000000001b?!
u better finish the guide now
jk

and
um... explain more for fire rain? its aoe and temporarily "stuns" ppl when it hits... but should you still get it for pvp if you already have say... lvl 4 ocean? (cuz someone really screwed up their build) and isn't fire rain for pvp really mana costly since it usually doesn't hit all the shots?

02-07-2008   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

chunchao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
Lunarís Wizard Guide

Red Fire Dragon

Pros: none I hate this skill

Cons: slow casting.. for wut? 400 dmg max. wow. This skill is slower than meteor. To successfully cast this skill u must be far off screen which gives opponent time to recharge mp or heal or whatever while youíre wasting 2xx mp to cast this slow skill.
For stage learn to combo and donít waste time on 400 dmg when your regular hits will do 100 per.

PVP: 0 or 1
Stage: 0 or 1 (damage increase isnít worth it.)
Somtimes you can pull off one in pvp[range is pretty nice], since i beleive this skill stiffens

But i think this skill is only for looks ^O^ and stages since CD is a bummer.

Mob AI isnt that bright, so you can cast it rite in front of them.

Usually for pure AOE builds.

''''''''''''''''''''''Jlunia.

''''''''''''
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Glunia
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Tlunia.

02-07-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

it's mentioned in there.. "u must be off screen to cast if u even dream on hitting" should be the full description.. lol most of the time it's a waste of 200 mp
even in stages i dont waste time casting.. i'd rather combo for faster dmg since firebomb does 500x2 and giant land fist does 130x3 at the end of a short combo probably still faster than red dragon's cast
"only time i use it is for aoe purposes..(added this part)"

02-07-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

xgaryx is on a distinguished road

Nice guide xD Nice to know my mage is not screwed...yet

Off Topic: looking forward to pvp u soon. (probably after update)

02-07-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

awww crap.. forgot i was gonna add more stuff other than text... should've saved more post boxes..

02-07-2008   #8 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

PvP Lunar?
He's pro.
He could pvp you with his eyes closed
And hands tied.
O.o;

PvP me instead

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

02-07-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

he's already pvped me.. he knows how good i am..
he's cool to actually challenge me again.. unlike some ppl..*dam wussies* lol

02-08-2008   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

janomis is on a distinguished road

I am so glad you made this guide. You are awesome!

02-08-2008   #11 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod
Guild: Titans

I want this confirmed. More points into Fire Dragon's Heart allows the fire bolts or w/e to become faster, as well as longer range? If so, do you know anyone who has the skill at a high level? I want to see the potential myself before deciding whether to raise it or not.

02-08-2008   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

I already had 1 point on summon rock before i saw this, in my build i have 7 remainin points not enough to max it (8/9) should i leave it at 1 or take it to 8 using those points?

02-08-2008   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetruckmat
I want this confirmed. More points into Fire Dragon's Heart allows the fire bolts or w/e to become faster, as well as longer range? If so, do you know anyone who has the skill at a high level? I want to see the potential myself before deciding whether to raise it or not.
*points towards klunia site* browse around almost all of them have max dragon heart
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgaryx
I already had 1 point on summon rock before i saw this, in my build i have 7 remainin points not enough to max it (8/9) should i leave it at 1 or take it to 8 using those points?
stage? if not leave it at one

02-08-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
stage? if not leave it at one
Stage/Pvp

02-08-2008   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Dain is on a distinguished road
IGN: Dain
Class: Dain duh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgaryx
Stage/Pvp
still...rolling rock move is pretty hard to continue unless close to wall
and even if u do, too much decay
i just say leave it at 1. Most people messed up with rolling rock too. Anyway, after the new patch, we may get a skill reset, so keep your fingers crossed!

02-08-2008   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dain
still...rolling rock move is pretty hard to continue unless close to wall
and even if u do, too much decay
i just say leave it at 1. Most people messed up with rolling rock too. Anyway, after the new patch, we may get a skill reset, so keep your fingers crossed!
yes lvl 1.
and they already said no skill reset for the upcoming patch

02-08-2008   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Dain is on a distinguished road
IGN: Dain
Class: Dain duh?

Quote:
yes lvl 1.
oh they did?
Oh well...T_T

02-08-2008   #18 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

Quote:
yes lvl 1.
aw... I will probably buy some skill resets from cash shop i guess

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360