Ice Barrier Guide v1.0
Why do we need this guide?
Just today, i play with a party to enter stage 3-10, and when i accidentally make a mistake with my ice barrier (monster doesn't attack it and i accidentally stuck one of the warrior using skill), they started to complain. One of the healer mentioned that he had bad experiences with ice barrier, so he ask me not to use ice barrier anymore through out the stage.
So with that, i believe we need a place to discuss about how to effectively cast this powerful ice barrier. (Only on stage mode)
For Mobs :
Just do it whenever you need them. The reasons why you want to cast ice barrier on normal monsters are :
For Bosses :
- You need to charge your mp (By holding S)
- You want to run away (Especially when you are almost stuck in corners)
- You are waiting for healer to heal you (To prevent monster disturbing your healer)
This is the part which i want to focus on. I will list out the bosses name whom you can effectively cast ice barrier on them on my next guide release
So how do you cast ice barrier to ensure that boss will treat it as an enemy and hit it like crazy? I will try my best to explain in text for now (Screenshot/Picture later!)
There are 3 major scenario/method to cast ice barrier effectively. And they are :
Method 1 : Lure and cast!
- When boss is attacking you, lure him around, then cast ice barrier (Easy!)
- When sieg is tanking boss or boss doesn't move much, you have to run behind boss and cast it quickly and correctly (Normal!)
- When boss is attacking other player, follow that player, and once that player bypass you and you are between the two of them , cast the ice barrier immediately (Hard!)
Boss will attack other player instead of you most of the time. So to make sure that boss follow you, you have to provoke/lure him by spamming lots of spells on him. There is no easy tips here, just keep spamming your skill. (Be alert when spamming your skills, some bosses like Daru 1st form doesn't give you time to see if he is attacking you or no, he just attack you swiftly and make your grave ready for delivery!)
Once when boss come over to you, cast it infront of him. Make sure you cast ice barrier in such a way that you move away from the icewall (Away from boss). Make sure you don't stuck other player too!
Method 2 : Cast behind boss when boss not moving much
This is tricking. I always make mistake while doing this method.
Most of the time in party, Sieg will be the tanker for you, that tank the boss (I am not talking about Daru here, Sieg doesn't tank Daru). So as a cooperative Dainn, you have to help them by casting your powerful ice barrier as the tanker instead, that will save your Sieg from all this pain.
(Picture will be included in the next version)
Okay. Imagine... your party is fighting Chicken Doctor, and right now the Chicken Doctor (you see him in 3-10 and 3-??, argh! can't remember) is attack your Sieg. The most effective way for you to cast ice barrier is to run around the boss. Once you are behind the boss, cast the ice barrier TOWARDS the boss (In such a way you move TOWARDS the boss).
Yes yes.. this is risky, but why do we want to do that?
Its in point form again!
Method 3 : Run with your friend, cast between them
- If you cast successfully, you can start attacking the boss behind him while he busy attacking the ice barrier
- Yes you can cast ice barrier infront of the boss, why run behind him? When you cast successfully, your sieg doesn't need to move and can continue attacking in his current position. Understand better? Clever!
- In my past experience, most of the time, when i cast towards the boss, the boss will attack the ice barrier. When i cast away from the boss, the boss doesn't notice the ice barrier. Is that just me, my luck?
This method sound like... seperating a couple from hugging one another. Indeed, that is how it should be done! The reason why i said this method is hard, because this method prone to make mistake. That is how one of the healer i party with complain that they are stuck with the boss, it is because most properly that Dainn fail to cast ice barrier effectively.
Imagine... you are fighting Daru 1st-form. And Daru gone crazy and attack your party like mad. You tried to lure him, but he doesn't even bother you and attack your party mate. What should you do?
Run with him/her. And get ready to cast ice barrier once you are between them. Make sure that your ice barrier stuck Daru, and your party members are not affected by the ice barrier.
Beside that, i didn't really have much tips in my sleeves. It a little common sense thought, but it is nice to take this as a reminder.
All i will said is.....if you really want to master ice barrier, you need practice, practice and practice! Get it up to level 3 and start your adventure now with it! You will enjoy it, i believe.
Please give me your feedback regarding this guide so that we can improve our ice barrier together.