League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-24-2007   #1 (permalink)
sanjilyh

Default Ice Barrier Guide v1.0

Ice Barrier Guide v1.0

Why do we need this guide?
Just today, i play with a party to enter stage 3-10, and when i accidentally make a mistake with my ice barrier (monster doesn't attack it and i accidentally stuck one of the warrior using skill), they started to complain. One of the healer mentioned that he had bad experiences with ice barrier, so he ask me not to use ice barrier anymore through out the stage.

So with that, i believe we need a place to discuss about how to effectively cast this powerful ice barrier. (Only on stage mode)

Stage only!
For Mobs :
Just do it whenever you need them. The reasons why you want to cast ice barrier on normal monsters are :
  1. You need to charge your mp (By holding S)
  2. You want to run away (Especially when you are almost stuck in corners)
  3. You are waiting for healer to heal you (To prevent monster disturbing your healer)
For Bosses :
This is the part which i want to focus on. I will list out the bosses name whom you can effectively cast ice barrier on them on my next guide release

So how do you cast ice barrier to ensure that boss will treat it as an enemy and hit it like crazy? I will try my best to explain in text for now (Screenshot/Picture later!)

There are 3 major scenario/method to cast ice barrier effectively. And they are :
  1. When boss is attacking you, lure him around, then cast ice barrier (Easy!)
  2. When sieg is tanking boss or boss doesn't move much, you have to run behind boss and cast it quickly and correctly (Normal!)
  3. When boss is attacking other player, follow that player, and once that player bypass you and you are between the two of them , cast the ice barrier immediately (Hard!)
More explaination
Method 1 : Lure and cast!
Boss will attack other player instead of you most of the time. So to make sure that boss follow you, you have to provoke/lure him by spamming lots of spells on him. There is no easy tips here, just keep spamming your skill. (Be alert when spamming your skills, some bosses like Daru 1st form doesn't give you time to see if he is attacking you or no, he just attack you swiftly and make your grave ready for delivery!)

Once when boss come over to you, cast it infront of him. Make sure you cast ice barrier in such a way that you move away from the icewall (Away from boss). Make sure you don't stuck other player too!

Method 2 : Cast behind boss when boss not moving much
This is tricking. I always make mistake while doing this method.

Most of the time in party, Sieg will be the tanker for you, that tank the boss (I am not talking about Daru here, Sieg doesn't tank Daru). So as a cooperative Dainn, you have to help them by casting your powerful ice barrier as the tanker instead, that will save your Sieg from all this pain.

(Picture will be included in the next version)

Scenario-based
Okay. Imagine... your party is fighting Chicken Doctor, and right now the Chicken Doctor (you see him in 3-10 and 3-??, argh! can't remember) is attack your Sieg. The most effective way for you to cast ice barrier is to run around the boss. Once you are behind the boss, cast the ice barrier TOWARDS the boss (In such a way you move TOWARDS the boss).

Yes yes.. this is risky, but why do we want to do that?

Its in point form again!
  1. If you cast successfully, you can start attacking the boss behind him while he busy attacking the ice barrier
  2. Yes you can cast ice barrier infront of the boss, why run behind him? When you cast successfully, your sieg doesn't need to move and can continue attacking in his current position. Understand better? Clever!
  3. In my past experience, most of the time, when i cast towards the boss, the boss will attack the ice barrier. When i cast away from the boss, the boss doesn't notice the ice barrier. Is that just me, my luck?
Method 3 : Run with your friend, cast between them
This method sound like... seperating a couple from hugging one another. Indeed, that is how it should be done! The reason why i said this method is hard, because this method prone to make mistake. That is how one of the healer i party with complain that they are stuck with the boss, it is because most properly that Dainn fail to cast ice barrier effectively.

Scenario-based
Imagine... you are fighting Daru 1st-form. And Daru gone crazy and attack your party like mad. You tried to lure him, but he doesn't even bother you and attack your party mate. What should you do?

Run with him/her. And get ready to cast ice barrier once you are between them. Make sure that your ice barrier stuck Daru, and your party members are not affected by the ice barrier.

Ending speech

Beside that, i didn't really have much tips in my sleeves. It a little common sense thought, but it is nice to take this as a reminder.

All i will said is.....if you really want to master ice barrier, you need practice, practice and practice! Get it up to level 3 and start your adventure now with it! You will enjoy it, i believe.

Please give me your feedback regarding this guide so that we can improve our ice barrier together.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-24-2007   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Aikijitsu is on a distinguished road

Very good guide!
So, you recommend that I get it to lv 3? I always left it at v 1 since I don't use it much; but now that I have a few tips on what to do, I'll max it.

08-29-2007   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

BlazenAzn is on a distinguished road

wow nice guide

Server Wipe, *1 Week Later* Lunia Necklaces Gone o.o
Zomg All Of Your Godly Equipment Dissapear.
BTW, You Know That Some People Lost Items In Their Bank And Inventory Did The Server Die After That Happened If So. Then *Hint Hint* Server Wipe
IGN-Mushi

09-03-2007   #4 (permalink)
Light of Judgement
Awards MoM Award

Seraph is on a distinguished road
IGN: FrostSeraph
Class: Yuki
Level: 69
Guild: Synergy

good job. hopefully more people won't be so scared of it now. But, i accidentally trapped one of my party mems behind a moon barrier, and leg snowman owned them.....lol

09-15-2007   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

raisen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to raisen

thanks for the deadly guide i was told that that skills is useful now i now haw to use it

11-08-2007   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Cesar is on a distinguished road
IGN: Cesar
Class: Dainn
Level: 53
Guild: Titans

so i will max lvl this skill why

11-08-2007   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gota is on a distinguished road

max it and it'll stay up longer.

Why max it? Because the whole point of ice wall is to buy time, the longer it stays up the more time u get.

11-08-2007   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Cesar is on a distinguished road
IGN: Cesar
Class: Dainn
Level: 53
Guild: Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gota
max it and it'll stay up longer.

Why max it? Because the whole point of ice wall is to buy time, the longer it stays up the more time u get.
wow u seem to know alot about lunia ty

11-29-2007   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Dakness is on a distinguished road
Class: Dual-Wielder,Wizard,Satanic Bard,Healer,Puppeteer
Guild: DashAttack

ill make a use of it

11-29-2007   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

MyRetribution is on a distinguished road

I will be perfectly fine with a Dainn using ice-wall if they avoid this very popular ice wall arrangement:

(Boss) (Sieg) (Ice Wall) (Laughing Dainn)

It usually doesn't end too well, I wonder why it is used so often? >;]

Actually, BlindRetribution is being pwned by the servers, contact me on my Dainn:

SweetRetribution

But GLunia sucks...

So come chill with my Tia in Jlunia:

Exposure

11-29-2007   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

Or, in the case of a cobolt raid:

(Party members) (Ice wall) (3 chariots) (BOMBS) (Me)

T_T

(Note though that this guide is rather dated... when most people use ice wall these days, they don't do anything that's remotely resembling any thing described here, and yet the ice wall still sticks.)

12-01-2007   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Precision is on a distinguished road

Hehe I often use my ice wall to block ppl's rare boxes if they have attitude problem towards the party. When the names on the boxes are gone, I'll loot the box =D

My guides:
Precision's Dainn guide.
Precision's Dainn exp farming guide.
Precision's guide on Yeti Plateau.

12-01-2007   #13 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild: OurStory

err thats not good.... would you be happy if a tard stole your box like that and he get undertaker or herck stuff?

12-15-2007   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Eranol is on a distinguished road

Nice guide man

12-15-2007   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Eranol is on a distinguished road

It looks pretty handy

02-04-2008   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

ImBak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision
Hehe I often use my ice wall to block ppl's rare boxes if they have attitude problem towards the party. When the names on the boxes are gone, I'll loot the box =D
Whenever I steal people's rare boxes, I get karma. When a rare box drops for me it's always something like, fishnet, or hurricane and the grade is always a negative.

®CakeMule = 0x 1 Sieg. Mule purposes only.

Guild = Raidiance [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

02-13-2008   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

~Eternal_Wind is on a distinguished road

For ice barrier to work on an enemy (make the enemy target it) you pretty much have to place it right up beside the boss. Occasionally, it will move an enemy (it happened to the tree boss in the 1-8 stage, I think....) Don't count on it though.
For duration, lvl 1 doesn't last long enough, lvl 2 is ok, and lvl 3 lasts long enough so you can cast it again as soon as it expires (depending on situation.) If there are many enemies, it probably won't last as long. If they attack it a lot, it won't last long either.

02-13-2008   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Lagg is on a distinguished road

The ice wall can move enemies if you pop the ice wall right into the place where they are standing, since the ice wall and the mobs can't be in the same place (this is specially noticeable on big mobs like bosses). In fact that is one of the uses of ice wall, for example in 3-2 you can use ice wall to teleport reaver to a corner of the map, then stand behind a wall and spam attacks at him, and he can't do anything cuz the wall will block his beam.

02-13-2008   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gota is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagg
The ice wall can move enemies if you pop the ice wall right into the place where they are standing, since the ice wall and the mobs can't be in the same place (this is specially noticeable on big mobs like bosses). In fact that is one of the uses of ice wall, for example in 3-2 you can use ice wall to teleport reaver to a corner of the map, then stand behind a wall and spam attacks at him, and he can't do anything cuz the wall will block his beam.
I invented that and showed everyone Or if i wasnt the first.... I figured it out with my ms friends/guild when we couldn't pass it after like 6 failed attemtps lol.. >_> we were too low lvl and only 3 of us, those flaming lavas are a pain in the A**

03-01-2008   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

aurium is on a distinguished road

Its a really nice guide, but since i have a Dainn, i can say that only noobs ( I mean REAL noobs will use it). No1 needs to learn how to ice wall. The only way i miss an ice wall is when i lag or a monster hit me.
For those who dun know how to ice wall:
JUST GO TO ANY STG AND USE IT ALL THE TIME

u will surely learn in like no time.

again>> Good guide >.<
Aurium > 3x Sieg (mule for pvp n fun)
Aur1um > 3x Dainn (mule for pvp n fun)
CURRENTLY EXITED LUNIA