MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Guides > Dacy Guides

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
10-10-2008   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Pro in EVERY class

Ichi will become famous soon enoughIchi will become famous soon enough
IGN: Ichigon, Ichigirl, Ichiti
Class: Every Class
Level: 61, 60, 57, 60, 53, 50, 50, 65
Guild: Daysleepers, TheNakedHealer, SexyCat, 500Cent
Default Ichi's Dacy Tips and Suggestions

I did a lots of testing in TLunia, and I want to mention something I think may be helpful for Dacy Builder in GLunia.

This guide was written before ijji launch, and I made a few changes now, cuz Dacy skills always has new discovery. Blue letters are new edited stuff.

General things:

- There is no perfect build, it depends your play style. Well, it seems it is true for all characters, but for Dacy, this is even more important, Dacy has too many "good skill" you need to select and give up. And she can be play with different style.

- If you think Dacy is a "cute" character who play with her pet, you are wrong, she is the "BIG 3" attacking characters (lime/yuki/dacy), these 3 characters have the ability to kill enemies in second.

- This may be true for other characters too, but especially for Dacy, I think you just can't say "This build is good, follow it" to others, everyone should try and test what best for them.

- I will use names that make people easily understand, cuz not everyone knows the english names of Dacy's skill. (I know the name now, I will use official name)

- My suggestions and observations are based on stage, Ichi don't PVP.

- This is not a guide to explain how each skill works, this is suggestions about how to make a dacy, so I will skip some basic skill discriptions.

Practical things:

Puppet

- Since dacy is a puppeteer, first thing you should decide is, how much you want to rely on puppet. Puppet are fun to play, and many people may think, if I want to make a Dacy, how can I not pick lots of pets? I thought this way at the beginning, and thats nothing wrong, but Dacy's attack skills are VERY powerful, so you need to decide if you are High Pet / Low Pet / No Pet (possible).

- There is no absolute answers, but these are things we commonly agree:

Wari is a must maxed, this is few thing we have no arguement about Dacy, unless you go for no pet build. My basic way to use it is: Summon Wari, then press "Page down" to change the Pet Formation so that Wari is in front of you, then charge to a wall with enemies around and press "Page Up", so that Wari will be stuck inside the wall, this will make it only shoot missle and not charging to enemies, learn how far you should place it cuz, too far, it won't shoot, too close the missle hit enemies before spreading.

Veni should not pick if you are go for stage build.

Most people want to pick 2 pets, cuz you can only summon 2 pet at the same time, most people go for and / / . In my opinion, Francoise is what I would pick, cuz it shoot AOE and not as easy to die as Domadal. Domadal is common and good for staging, but boss can kill it in no time. Catchvee is not most people would pick, but still worth consider cuz Catchvee need only 3 point to Max (Domadal need 7, Francoise need 5).

- In TLunia experience, Pet is NOT the main attacking force while fighting boss, it's too slow to depend on Pet, while your Thunder Candy can hit 1500+ in 1 sec. Pet is like long term investment.

- This has rasied a lots of discussion, cuz some said Francoise sucks, and Domadal is great for staging, etc. Again, it's all your choice. But I have changed my final decision to ONLY Wari, cuz the fact is when you hit high level (55+), pets become less important. One thing to notice is after the level 75 patch, most skill gain extra level to level, but pets, they didn't. They are maxed before level 65, and no more growth after that. And pets is a long term investment, like you summon pet, place them and let them fight. But most people like fast pacing game: HIT!, KILL!, RUN! It's slow to wait for your pet to kill for you. So in my experience in TLunia, I never saw a level 60+ Dacy summon any pet. But Wari is still a good choice.

- Pandano is only good for trapping, most say at least get 1 pt for trapping some boss. My opinion is, why must I trap them, just CANDY and GLOVE and hit them to death!

- However, I am not saying you should not pick more than 1 pet, it's just the play style you have to decide, summon pets is always fun.

Attack Skill

- This section is painful.

<Maxed Skill?>
- Somethings without much arguement: Thunder Candy and Glove = Maxed. For Candy, no need to explain, and Glove, some people may try to argue, but this is really as important as Candy. When hitting something not pushable, Glove actually hit harder than Candy.

- Most of the time, when a Dacy enter a room, she just lure all enemies, roll a Candy and 80% of them is already dead. Some medium boss or tougher enemies may left, she give them a Glove and 99% should finish them all. Thats why I said basically there is no place/time for Pet to attack.

<No Point Skill?>
- And some skill most people agree we don't pick: Bundle Bundle Net , Pink Roll Punch . No need to explain.

Actually lets explain something, Bundle Net is ONLY for PVP, so I won't talk much about it. But forPink Roll Punch, we never think it's any good to choose, but some peole said with the level 75 patch, Pink Roll Punch become quite powerful after level 65, I am not sure about it, and I am not going to test it, I leave it 0.

- Catch Catch Kick, as I observe so far, most build leave this at 0, cuz the more powerful version Bumpy Dash can be obtain at level 52. But I see build said level 1 is not something wrong too. I will leave it at 0.

Haha, my final decision however, is getting it to level 1. Yes, it's less power version of Bumpy Dash, and that's exactly why I would choose it. I need less powerful skill! Most dacy skill is powerful 1 hit KO skill like Glove and Candy, sometimes I need less MP draining skill to finish off some mob, you can't ue Candy everytime, even there's just a few little mob right? And Catch Kick is better than I expect, it can push enemies, when hitting a group of normal pushable enemies, it's easy to get 30+ hit in one Catch Kick

<1 Point Skill?>

- Reckless Repeat Punch is common sense to leave it at level 1, cuz for its invincible frame, but in TLunia, some build will max it. I won't do that, but I would tell every possibility out there.

- Fuzzy Whirlwind is common sense to give it 1 point, for combo. It can hit 400 at level 1, not bad, but you can't move for 4 sec, caution. I am thinking not pick it at all if I really short of SP. And also maxing it is also a possibility to consider, not smart, but if it hit an enemy that can be lifted, it can hit 1000 at level 1, so maxing it may do hugh damage. But again, not smart.

- Double Double Needle Bomb is again common sense to give it 1 pont, but now more people just say don't even get it, and I agree. It's stun ability just not as good as expect. People said it can stun boss (if you stun it when it is not attacking) but I just find it not, maybe it's just hard to hit a boss when it is not attacking, I don't know. I will give up on this skill.

Big time here, my final decision now is maxing this! I am like use myself as a test subject. We have long discussion about this skill, the main reason for this is you have to look at the damage change from 78 (lvl 9) to 202 (lvl 10), and 223 at lvl 11! it's a 3 times jump! And the stun time at maxed level is 2.6 sec! No matter how you think about this skill, it's definitely better than maxing Shinning Needle I think, imagine 223 X 4 AOE + 2.6 sec Stun. Rememer, it's power won't show before level 10.

- Bumpy Dash, level 1 is common sense again, didn't see any build said to make it higher. Another possible "1 hit KO" skill for enemies that can be lifted.

- Hot-To-Trot Repeat Blow, at least level 1 is a must, cuz it has invincibe frame (again). And that kinda agreed for us. But there're builds I see that suggest this skill can have more point, I didn't tested for it. I will leave it at level 1.

<Arguable Skill>

- Suprise Bomb, I mentioned it before, I will max this one, and ALL TLunia build maxed this one. And no one here support this idea. Leave it at level 1 is totally fine, and you are using it as a dodging skill. And when I maxed it? It's no longer a dodging skill, it's a "dodge and kick ur ass" skill, or simply, an attack skill that can hit an AOE of 1000. You have to consider, when you have a healer, taking out 200 of your HP is nothing. And TLunia Dacy have average 3000HP, so.... thats what we need to consider. Remember to have enough HP if you trying to max like me tho! GLunia is not as easy to get HP compare to TLunia.

- Dongdong Gurum Kung, Most peole agree to max this AOE skill with stun effect. I say this is a good skill, but I don't like it, in my own experience, I rarely use this skill. I maxed it, and it hit 500 plus stun, it's good. But it takes 1.3 sec to start, 50% when I using it I got cancel (can be my problem). And more important, like I said before, CANDY already take away most of them enemies in the room, I don't find a situation to use this AOE skill often. Once again. this is a NICE skill, but I want to give it up, and use that 10 points somewhere else.

- Everyone Dance! Level 60 skill! What need to discuss here? 1 point is common sense, the only thing need to consider is, level it to 2/3 is meaningless, but when it reach level 4, it's damage jump from 162 to 252! If our level cap increase to 75, we can consider this possibility. I will leave it at level 1 tho. Now, I am planning to get it to level 4, cuz I can spare the sp to try it.

- OK, the hard one to decide, Shinning Needle and Slippery Sheet. The easier one first, the Sheet, PVP = MUST (I guess). For stage, MOST people would just don't pick it. Give it 1 point for combo is make sense (most people will do this), but I am a zero or max type, so I won't pick Sheet. And Needle, Needle! Needle! This is a skill bothering me, I didn't pick it in all my Dacys, but I want to give it a try to max it. 7 sec CD can be angel or devil. So far, builds for this skill is kinda open, zero or max can both be seen. I am still deciding.

Not hard to decide anymore, needle has been dropped cuz I would pick Double Double Needle Bomb instead, and Sheet, I just don't like it (but it's still good to pick sheet in stage).

Bless

- Defend (Fortify Seal) and Attack Increase (Vitality Powder), easy decision: 0.

- Fake Tear, actually I am trying to not pick Tears, but that's kinda stupid. Every level need only 1 black pearl. What bothering me is level 1 have 2 sec and maxed have 5.5 sec. 5.5 is really attractive but it's hard to have 8 sp for it. And level 1 for 2 sec is nice too, but I just think Dacy has some many invincible skill, I don't really need to have another 2 sec invincible..... again, it's stupid I know, invincible is never too much, it's just Dacy is too lack of skill point and I have to save point whereever I can. I think I will probably get it level 1. OK, I will max it now, simple because I have the sp to spare.

- Counterattack of the Sleeping Person, this one is the problem, it's just like Seig Rage, giving Dacy to make all critical hit within the time limit. People here don't think about it before, but TLunia Dacy start to love it. Cuz ALL PHYSICAL ATTACK SKILL can hit critical too. Which means, after you use this skill, all your THUNDER CANDY, GLOVE, SHEET, PET RUSH, SHEEP PUNCH will hit critical. People like to level it to 6 (level 7 need 3 regents). At level 6 you have 30 sec. You can hit 2 CANDY and 2 GLOVE in 30 sec! Thats like God of Destruction. And remember one more thing, it's CD is 40 sec.... and if it last for 30 sec.... you can spam it again after it's finished... I don't know, I still need to think how to spare 7 skill point for this (you need to add 1 point to Critical Hit in Ability too).

This is the best skill Dacy have (haha), I got it to level 6 now, and it's great. This is excellent skill to fight boss. For example, at 4-10, I used counteract and row a Candy and throw out a Glove, Red and Green head is already dead! And remember level 2 is just not enough for my opinion, cuz the first 6.5 sec is the casting time (yes, and you can't move for 6.5 sec!) but with 30 sec at level 6, I can do hugh damage!

Ability

- Sounds like a easy section, but it's not.

- Common sense is maxed HP increase and MP recovery, it's common sense yeah, but this is what TLunia people do: 1 point in HP increase, 1 point in MP increase, and maxed MP recovery. Maxed MP recovery has nothing to argue, but HP increase 1 point? becasue TLunia's equipment can gives hugh amount of HP boost, the 500HP incrase is nothing compare to that boost, so they can spare those point for other uses. They just add 1 point to HP/MP increase to earn the biggest benefit (level 1 +100, level 2 +80). This is what we need to consider too, will we have those equipment boost?

I am keeping HP increase and MP increase at level 1 now, just to wait and see how would it be in the future, still not sure if I can get enough HP from equipment only.

- Critical Hit, like I mentioned above, if you want to play with Dacy Explodsion, you need 1 for this.

- And lastly, Max Damage Increase, no one put any point in this, cuz it only increase your max damage, eg, if your damage is 10~20, maxing this skill will make you 10~97, you can still hit 10. But actually I really want to test it... cuz having +77 damage permenant sounds not bad. But the problem is, no one will max it to test it. I get level 1 for it, worht for 1 point I think.

Conclusion

- Some skill you really need to test it for a while yourself, especially in a battle, to see if it's good for you.

- Even after writing this guide, I still don't have a "perfect build" yet, thats how hard to make a Dacy build.

- And hope this will help who want to make a Dacy.

Last edited by Ichi; 10-10-2008 at 01:01 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-13-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Recess is on a distinguished road
IGN: Electricity, Tokuyoshi
Class: Tia, Yuki to_model
Level: 6x, 5x
Guild: Fusion + Fusion

Nice guide Ichi, it helped me spending my points well on Dacy

10-13-2008   #3 (permalink)
ohi
Games
World of Warcraft
Awards Facebook Fan

crazyhealer is on a distinguished road
IGN: crazyhealer
Class: Eir lu_eir
Level: no idea...

"Dongdong Gurum Kung" have another use other then stunning. I've seen Dacy using it to aggro the mobs. So it's like stun, run away, turn back to face them and candy. Much more neater than randomly using a candy at the mobs.

Anyway ichi, nice guide. Very detailed.

10-13-2008   #4 (permalink)
Light of Judgement
Awards MoM Award

Seraph is on a distinguished road
IGN: FrostSeraph
Class: Yuki
Level: 69
Guild: Synergy

I suggest 1 for pink roll punch, like if you mistime an invincibilty frame, you can use it to cancel a lot of skills.

10-13-2008   #5 (permalink)
Pro in EVERY class

i don't think i have spare pt to get a skill just for cancelation, thats too harsh for a Dacy to do that, in term of how lack of sp Dacy is.

10-13-2008   #6 (permalink)
*insert title here*

Azuna is on a distinguished road

I have to disagree about Double Double Needle Bomb. Shining Needle also gets a huge damage increase, hits in s straight, predictable fashion, and best of all, it's a 7 second cooldown.
Let's compare (at max):
Shining Needle
7 second cooldown
225 MP cost
242-270 damage
Shorter cast time
Double Double Needle Bomb
30 second cooldown
200-223 damage
191 MP cost
Locked until you're finished casting (or else it won't hit 4 times)

10-14-2008   #7 (permalink)
Pro in EVERY class

I did the comparasion back on ML long ago already, and I got the result it IS better than Shinning Needle, and the result is from the info on the book, mp real testing, cuz we didn't see any Dacy (lvl 65+) really maxed DDNB.

So, I am using myself as a test subject to see if I am correct, so far, I didn't recommend anyone to follow this decision, but I did my job to show you this possibility, and the final decision is always on your hands.

And I can't know the reult until I reach lvl 65+, cuz any level before that, DDNB is not worth it.

* The only info about Shinning Needle which can say is better than DDNB is it's 7 sec cool down, but thats actuallt not a benifit, you won't and you can't spam a 225MP cost skill every 7 sec.

Last edited by Ichi; 10-14-2008 at 01:09 AM.

10-14-2008   #8 (permalink)
*insert title here*

Azuna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi
I did the comparasion back on ML long ago already, and I got the result it IS better than Shinning Needle, and the result is from the info on the book, mp real testing, cuz we didn't see any Dacy (lvl 65+) really maxed DDNB.

So, I am using myself as a test subject to see if I am correct, so far, I didn't recommend anyone to follow this decision, but I did my job to show you this possibility, and the final decision is always on your hands.

And I can't know the reult until I reach lvl 65+, cuz any level before that, DDNB is not worth it.

* The only info about Shinning Needle which can say is better than DDNB is it's 7 sec cool down, but thats actuallt not a benifit, you won't and you can't spam a 225MP cost skill every 7 sec.
You can absolutely spam a 225 MP skill every 7 seconds. Because of MP recharge rate, your total amount of MP, MP potions dropped by monsters in stage, and your own MP potions (yes, some people do you use them), 225 MP every 7 seconds isn't really bad, Knowing your play style, you always want max damage, and as the numbers show, Shining Needle is superior in DPS and damage:MP ratio. Only saving graces of DDNB would be the homing abilities and the stunlock ability, and that's not very useful in stage unless you're fighting an extremely mobile boss, which none really come to mind.

10-14-2008   #9 (permalink)
Pro in EVERY class

well, the DDNB question has been discussed too much on ML already, lets not repeat the same discussion again.

and I said i will use myself as a test subject, and I already did. Since no one really did maxed DDNB before, as least I never met a Dacy did that, we are just discussing based on numbers, not practical result.

Lets see what will happens when I got to lvl 65+.

10-17-2008   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Chickens is on a distinguished road

This has totally helped me. At first, I did not know what to do with my puppets and how I could stop Wari from dashing into the opponent. Once again, thanks!

Last edited by Chickens; 10-17-2008 at 08:45 PM.

10-23-2008   #11 (permalink)
Light of Judgement
Awards MoM Award

Seraph is on a distinguished road
IGN: FrostSeraph
Class: Yuki
Level: 69
Guild: Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi
i don't think i have spare pt to get a skill just for cancelation, thats too harsh for a Dacy to do that, in term of how lack of sp Dacy is.
Looking at your build, I really don't see why you can't make a spare point seeing at your "because I have points to spare" after the Everyone Dance skill. Also, with Fake Tear, I highly doubt there are many instances where MAX Fake Tear will actually be needed.

10-23-2008   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

007 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 007
IGN: lilDacy, lilAphrodite, Siegalicious, Lime007
Class: Healer, Combat, Puppeteer lt_templar
Level: 56Eir,62Dacy,47Sieg,21Lime
Guild: Glunia:Felix - Tlunia: ForielUnion

Ichi it's nice to see your guides as always; keep up the good work my friend

10-23-2008   #13 (permalink)
Pro in EVERY class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph
Looking at your build, I really don't see why you can't make a spare point seeing at your "because I have points to spare" after the Everyone Dance skill. Also, with Fake Tear, I highly doubt there are many instances where MAX Fake Tear will actually be needed.
That statement is not for me, is for general Dacys, which usually Sp is short. And puttinng 1 pt in Pink Punch just for Cancelation is stupid.

And about Fake Tear, is it necessary to max? no, that's just my choice, I mentioned this in the guide already. But my Tear is at lvl 7 now, and it works just fine. I can't imagine how any thing I can do in 5 sec before. And I seen a Dacy use a lvl 1 Tear and then end up still die cuz she didn't get her out of trouble in 2 sec. But again, do you need to max Tear? no. But I am lvl 57 and I still have 6 spare point unuse. And I said in the guide, 5.5 sec is always better than 2.

Last edited by Ichi; 10-23-2008 at 09:42 PM.

10-24-2008   #14 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

using pink roll punch to cancel is too dangerous.
I rather use fake tear.

I do recommend 1 point dongdong as well, you need it sometimes.
Mana Recovery doesn't really have to be max, unless you don't like fighting.

You can always drink a potion once you see 1/3 mana is depleted.
It is more than enough to last the whole stage with more than 2/3 left.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist