ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Conventions and Events (http://ggftw.com/forum/conventions-events/)
-   -   Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY (http://ggftw.com/forum/conventions-events/47856-distant-worlds-music-final-fantasy.html)

Vindicta™ 05-22-2009 08:00 PM

Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY

Quote:

AWR Music Productions, LLC is proud to present the official symphony concert world-tour Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY commemorating the 20th anniversary of FINAL FANTASY. Featuring the music of Japanese video game composer Nobuo Uematsu and conducted by Grammy award-winner Arnie Roth, this spectacular concert series will travel around the world premiering December 4, 2007 in Stockholm, Sweden. The award-winning music from SQUARE ENIX's world-renowned FINAL FANTASY video game series performed by the full orchestra and the state of the art videos and art stills shown on massive screens will highlight the games most memorable sequences and thrill audiences.
More @ Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY

Singapore tour started yesterday, ends on Saturday.

I will be going tonight. Yesterday's performance ended with One Winged Angel, backed by popular demand.

Really excited and anticipating alot.

:py01:

Vindicta™ 05-23-2009 09:32 AM

Just returned from the performance.

It was wonderful. An unforgettable experience.

Nobuo-San was present. Arnie Roth was the conductor. Orchestra was local.

There was this fan who kept shouting "Uematsu-Sensei" from the second level of the concert hall.

Arnie tried to escape after the last song was played. We needed to "encore" twice to get him back each time.

And he tried again when we were shouting for One Winged Angel.

Nobuo-San joined the choir during One Winged Angel. Apparently he was using his slippers to clap to the beat during the whole song.

I'll upload pictures as soon as I get them from my friend.

:py54:

PKShota 05-23-2009 09:35 AM

Omg u lucky little f...xD

Post teh pictures!

Vindicta™ 05-24-2009 07:54 AM

Before I upload any pics, I'll post these 2 vids of someone who 'ahem' recorded during the last parts of the entire performance.

These 2 vids are the apparent surprises that were in store for us. Note that the songs were not listed on the programme at all.

This was the song that Sephy, I mean, Arnie Roth tried to throw the crowd off when we shouted for One Winged Angel. I was quite surprised too.

After that, he tried to walk away again. Nobuo-San and Arnie came back on stage. Nobuo-San said he wanted to sing SOLO. Lol

He tried with his squeaky voice, and said "I can't do solos".

Haha, Arnie got no choice but to... This was when Nobuo-San joined the choir at the back with his pair of slippers in his hands.

Listen and try to imagine being part of the crazy audience. I LOVE the damn bass.

Was a wonderful show.

PKShota 05-24-2009 08:18 AM

Nobuo! Come to my country!

Vindicta™ 05-24-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessLenne (Post 842086)
Nobuo! Come to my country!

Lol, which part of Earth do you come from?

PKShota 05-24-2009 09:39 AM

Teh Texas .

Vindicta™ 05-24-2009 10:01 AM

There will be a show in Dallas on June 21.

PKShota 05-24-2009 10:04 AM

Oh, I may be gone in that time. Depends how long I'll be staying in Thailand z.z

Edit: Dad says I'll be in thailand for 20 days, I arrive back here at June 20 1:00 PM.

Exact location where in Dallas? and time?

Vindicta™ 05-24-2009 10:20 AM

The Meyerson Symphony Center
2301 Flora St.
Sunday - June 21, 2009 - 730pm

Dallas Symphony Presents Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY

Tickets available at 9:00am on April 3, 2009 at Dallas Symphony Orchestra: Listen, Buy Tickets, Plan Your Visit
Phone: 214-692-0203

Kusuriuri 05-24-2009 01:25 PM

Ew Dallas. Not worth a 5+ hr drive just for that. /South of Houston

As much as I like OWA, I feel the song is way too overplayed ._. Its starting to lose its novelty to me.

Vindicta™ 05-24-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodVeil (Post 842291)
As much as I like OWA, I feel the song is way too overplayed ._. Its starting to lose its novelty to me.

True.

However, hearing it up front for the first time was a nice experience. Perhaps next time round maybe say, Jenova? There was vote for it held before OWA was played. They wanted to do 2 new battle song renditions.

Anyhow, hope they come back.