ggFTW (
-   Contests & Events (
-   -   Grand Signature Tournament Round Two Voting (

Esper 04-20-2011 12:09 AM

Grand Signature Tournament Round Two Voting

Voting System:
The poll consists of every participant (except for those disqualified). You may choose up to two [2] choices on the poll for each battle and the signature that attracts you most. It's recommend you pick one winner for each battle to keep things even.

Poll Votes:
Each point on the poll is equivalent to five [5] points. For example, 40 votes is 200 points.

Manual Post Votes:
Each manual text vote (which is posting a reply) counts as ten [10] points. For example, 40 votes is 400 points.
How to manual text vote: Reply to this thread choosing the battles you want to comment on with a legitimate reason or two. Illegitimate reasons will be ignored.
Even though a participant may have automatically moved onto the next round, you are free to leave a comment to add to their total point.

Extra Prize: If the tournament finals winner exceeds 1500 points, he/she will receive an extra 100 reputation points.

Emotions #1 vs Emotions #2
Theme: Human Emotions
Style: Beauty

Field #1 vs Field #2
Theme: Wandering in Rose Fields
Style: Soft/Dreamy Feel

Poll closes in three [3] days.

k0n 04-20-2011 04:08 AM

Emotions #2
Better compo, color, text style, and flow

Field #2
Better depth, focal point, and compo

MintyVampire 04-20-2011 04:22 AM

Emotions #1 The whole thing harmonize nicely and the texture/font is nice too.
Field #2 The use of font and the composition is really nice - adds to the soft/dreamy feel. I love the colours used too.

Sidero 04-20-2011 04:30 AM

Emotions #1
Explore better the human emotions.

Fields #2
I like #1 too, and besides both don't show rose fields (tulips and yellow field flowers), #2 is better composed.

Aimee 04-20-2011 05:01 AM

Emotions #2 I like the overall look of #1 as well, but I love the colours used in #2 and the effects used in the background so my vote goes there.

Field #2 The text on this one is done well, and the focal point is much more obvious and it's well put together. It has that soft/dreamy feel to it as well.

Mums 04-20-2011 07:37 AM

Emotions #1
Both signatures are really good. I do prefer the size and the colour theme in #1 over #2. I also like the pattern frame and the text of #1.

Field #2
Again, two really good signatures. I choose #2 because the colours are more appealing to me, the text looks good and it gives me a more dreamy feeling than #1.

EDIT: thanks Aimee >:

Ascherit 04-20-2011 12:05 PM

Emotion #2

Better composition and the focal expresses emotion without using the word 'emotion'...although they could've omitted the 'heartbroken'. The use of multi-colors also relates to emotion.

Field #2

I like how the focal is in focus even though it's shown in the background. Really like the framing of the field around the subject.

Eden 04-20-2011 12:28 PM

Emotion #1
-Explore human emotion much better.

Field #2
-Clear focal point and better composition in general.

Nekcihc 04-21-2011 06:07 AM

Emotions number 2: The background and glows give a good feel to the signature. I like the render used, and how the render and background blends.

Fields 2: I like the focal point and the soft and blurry background. Outerglowed overlayed text usually don't blend good with pictures, but it looks pretty descent here. I love the background.

Gaap 04-21-2011 09:32 PM

Okay. This is a hard one.

Emotion 1: I love both sigs. But keeping to the theme and style, I have to go with No. 1. That artist aced the requirements with a beautiful set of emotions that you commonly see on Earth. You can either be sad, happy, mistorunate, lucky... You name it. (I also have that good mixed reaction from Madoka, so thank you godly mahou shoujo.)

Rose Field 2: While the fields is not roses, it does carry that style. While it is not dreamy, the sky here can represent a nightmare or a unpleasant dream... Which it still counts being dreamy... In a different way. Angle and camera focus with the right elements fit well as a sig or a professional photo. Sorry Entry No. 1.

moffit 04-21-2011 10:18 PM

#1 I seems pretty busy but I chose it anyway because it's different from the trend as of late. Also because the fake tears in the other image scare me a little, um.

#1 I like the simplicity, and the way they did the text over a darkened bit of the picture instead of an effect to the text itself. I feel like my eyes are drawn right where they should be.

Quebee 04-21-2011 11:48 PM

Emotions 1: It's really simple and pleasing to the eyes in my opinion. The frame/border on this one appeals to me as well. It also expresses more emotions than the 2nd one so...yeah. (:

Field 2: Hmm...this signature gives me a \'mysterious\' kind of feeling like wandering in an endless dream? I dunno. I guess it\'s because of the background. The blurred surrounding is also a plus. *o*

Wynhig 04-22-2011 02:21 PM

My choices are:

Emotions #1: The overall outcome of this sig is definitely more "whole". It expresses more emotion than #2, and also the look of the "1 is better in terms of having it all together. Definitely #1.

Fields #2: Something makes me think that #1 is pretty harshly put together. The font pops out too much for me, and the overall look is kind of bland. No offense though. #2 has better overall look, I love the font choices, and it just haves the emotion to go with all in the picture. And yellow is much nicer choice. :D

Esper 04-23-2011 11:55 AM

Congratulations to the two participants.

Hey look, it\'s staff vs staff. /punches Shnao out

Mums 04-23-2011 03:11 PM

Congratulations gaiz! And good luck!

Edit: Mirae, doesn\'t it feel a bit weird saying congratulations to yourself?

MintyVampire 04-23-2011 03:12 PM

Congrats Shnao and Mirae xD!!

I am so looking forward to the next round!

Shnao 04-23-2011 03:14 PM

Congratulations Shnao and Mirae.

Good luck on the final round! :jj:

MintyVampire 04-23-2011 03:16 PM

^LOL you.

Serious though. I can\'t wait to see what you guys will bring to us...

Mums 04-23-2011 03:37 PM

They\'ll bring us horror and gore.

k0n 04-23-2011 04:47 PM

Battle of the staff members again? Q_Q