ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Contests & Events (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/)
-   -   Create that Character! [Trickster Event] (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/88762-create-character-trickster-event.html)

Dani 01-02-2011 12:55 AM

Create that Character! [Trickster Event]

Have you ever wanted to make a new character class for Trickster? Well here's your chance! Show off your creativity by creating a new animal for Trickster!

RULES:
  • No plagarism.
  • All entries must conform to ggFTW's ToS.

Criteria:
Your entry for this event must contain:
  • Level 1 and Master level skills for second and PURE third job (As in when it's level 1 and Mastered, what is the MP Usage, etc.)
  • Class names
  • A description of what your character looks like
  • What animal he/she is (not restricted to current playable animals)
  • What class he/she is, as in Power, Magic, Sense, Charm or even your own original type

Note: You are free to draw your new character. It may even help voters get a better idea on what your character looks like!

PM finished submissions to Dani. Entries will be judged in a poll after the submission deadline.

Prizes:
  • The top five winners shall receive some reputation. 20 points for fifth place, 30 points for fourth place, 40 points for third place, 60 points for second, and 80 points for first
  • First place will receive the Event Participant (http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9...teruserbar.png) userbar
  • Third place winner will receive 5m galders + a headshot sketch of your custom character
  • Second place winner will receive 10m + a full body sketch of your custom character
  • The first place winner will receive 20m galders + a full-body character illustration (be it traditional or CG'd)

The deadline for submissions is January 23rd at 11:59pm EST. Voting will start the following day and will be up for 7 days.

Event Disclaimer
* If multiple accounts are found and used, we have the right to remove the votes at the end of the voting period. Also, those accounts will be banned.
* If proof of "asking for votes" are found, the nominated member will be disqualified.
* Galder prizes limited to Jewelia players
* Dani will be the one who draws all the artwork for the prizes

Millas 01-02-2011 01:00 AM

omg omg yes *A*

Gaap 01-02-2011 01:04 AM

Oh. My God. This could require teamwork... Timer is mainly pro at back-story and character design. OAO!

EDIT: Is it possible to re-write/make your own "skills" based on the existing class skills? (Like Charm/Raccoon skills for example?)

Dani 01-02-2011 01:12 AM

Group effort... I'll say no.
You can still ask people for help though on the side I suppose.

Gaap 01-02-2011 01:16 AM

I edited my post. But i'll answer this again.

Quote:

Is it possible to re-write/make (including skill title re-names) your own "skills" based on the existing class skills? (Like Charm/Raccoon skills for example?)

Dani 01-02-2011 01:38 AM

If you aren't outright copying the skills of other classes, then it's okay. Deriving inspiration or whatever is fine from existing skills too, of course.

Kirks 01-02-2011 02:56 AM

Awesome!
Now I can finally create the mage of my dreams!

SiegRiffein 01-02-2011 03:51 AM

Very nice idea for a contest :) I can't wait to see the entries.
I'd really enjoy to design and draw a new class, but I don't think I can create good and balanced skills XD

Hekutaa 01-02-2011 06:31 AM

Oh, this will be fun~ My writing skills shall not be in vain this time!

Caramel 01-02-2011 09:14 AM

This is such an amazing event, hopefully I'll have time to enter too ^^

austin11 01-05-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiegRiffein (Post 1437458)
Very nice idea for a contest :) I can't wait to see the entries.
I'd really enjoy to design and draw a new class, but I don't think I can create good and balanced skills XD

Lol me either my character would be to hax and the fact that I'm not amazingly creative... I'll just enjoy the entries xD

Luc 01-07-2011 11:39 AM

Is it okay if I made 2 characters in one submission? Because I actually am Doing 2 Charm Type char (Female + Male) with all 1st, 2nd and 3rd jobs Pure and Hybrid version ones (including Detailed skills, Job Names,and Char Descriptions) :py07:

Reinshiki 01-07-2011 12:10 PM

Hmm...

I'll pass on this, even though I have a lot of ideas...

Dani 01-07-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luc (Post 1441408)
Is it okay if I made 2 characters in one submission? Because I actually am Doing 2 Charm Type char (Female + Male) with all 1st, 2nd and 3rd jobs Pure and Hybrid version ones (including Detailed skills, Job Names,and Char Descriptions) :py07:

If you really want to then go for it, however it will only count as one entry/character.

Veloze 01-08-2011 07:06 AM

Cash prize limited to Jewelia players?
Lame.

Valese 01-08-2011 06:36 PM

Can't wait to see the entries *_* So curious to how everyone draws.

Rhois 01-08-2011 11:41 PM

If we make our own original type, I assume we have to come up with three stats they would use?

Dani 01-09-2011 12:00 AM

You don't have to but it would benefit you so people have a better idea of what to expect of your character.

Ryuuku 01-10-2011 04:56 AM

Will this be submitted to the ones who update TO? :O

Esper 01-10-2011 09:19 AM

None of these will be submitted to Trickster.