Noperative 11 25.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-15-2010   #1 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread
Default Grand Signature Tournament Round Three [3] Voting

Voting System:
The poll consists of every participant (except for those disqualified). You may choose up to two [2] choices on the poll judging on each battle and the signature that attracts you most. It's recommend you pick one winner for each battle to keep things even.

Poll Votes:
Each point on the poll is equivalent to five [5] points. For example, 40 votes is 200 points.

Manual Post Votes:
Each manual text vote (which is posting a reply) counts as ten [10] points. For example, 40 votes is 400 points.
How to manual text vote: Reply to this thread choosing the battles you want to comment on with a legitimate reason or two. Illegitimate reasons will be ignored.
Extra Prize: If the tournament finals winner exceeds 1500 points, he/she will receive an extra 100 reputation points.

Poll closes in three [3] days.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-15-2010   #2 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Alright.

Kudaranai vs Glarbage

It was extremely difficult to choose between the two. I really like Glarbage's choice of the clear background and the simple picture. But I really liked Kuda's choice of Castle. However, I dislike the black lines as they feel very encroaching on the sig, unlike Glarbage's, which is very free. I really wish I could've choosen both of you, but I chose Kuda's because of her yellow. /Shot

k0n vs Noperative

Unfortunately, Nop's signature was far to bright and, in my honest opinion, cluttered. It feels like an advertisement, shouting at me. Thus it's with a kind of relief k0n's is so calm. The bubbles give a natural flow, and somewhere for the eye to go. k0n easily won my vote. Sorry Noperative. x;

Out of all of them though, I most prefer Glarbage's, after looking them over again. The other three are quite busy, so it's really nice to see something so different. And calm, very calm.

Beautiful entries everyone, I hope to see more in the same caliber.

01-15-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

CkLiam is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CkLiam

Kudaranai vs Glarbage

This was a simple decision for me; following the bases of graphic design(K.I.S.S(keep it simple, succeed)) Glarbage's was the best; it wasn't at all busy like Kudaranai's, and his use of the castle on the mans back, with reference to a snail is amazing. His choice of colors are also relevant; as the numerous tones of gray and white symbolize a castle; likewise does the text he added; the perfect spelling and grammar, is very relating to a castle's fine, and perfect modeling.

Kudaranai needs to work on making her signature less cluttered; Whilst I can see the caste, I had to look quite hard to find it, and I'm not too sure what the Flowers in the background and the summery feel has to do with a castle, NTL; it's still impressive.

Winner: Glarbage

k0n vs Noperative

First off I'd like to say that both of these signatures are both very unique in their own aspects.

k0n, I like how your signature, does signify a rainbow, and your able to show that through the breath coming out of the girl. The bubbles that signify the rainbow; look simply amazing, and are breath taking, and Whilst I am a male, I will in this occasion say they are beautiful.

Noperative:
I hate to be rude, but your signature doesn't really meet the criteria of "Beauty"; It makes my eyes bleed, and I swear I nearly had a seizure because of the bright colors. This signature would be good in a more anime/vibrant color themed category. NTL, a good entry

Ck

01-15-2010   #4 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

Kudaranai vs. Glarbage

Simple and effective. The idea is clever and unique.

k0n vs. Noperative

Again, the idea was clever and it flows well as an image.

01-15-2010   #5 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Kudaranai vs. Glarbage

While I enjoyed both of our takes on the theme/style, I felt as though I accomplished it a bit better. I didn't even see the castle in Kuda's signature until I looked a bit harder, whereas my focal is easy to spot. Both of us did well this round, but I feel as though I accomplished the goal better.

k0n vs. Noperative

k0n's is so simple, but it fits perfectly into the theme/style set out. The colors flow well together, and are pleasing to look at.

01-15-2010   #6 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Wow, Kuda and Glarbage's entries are so close a like.

But I'll still judge the entries based on theme.

Kudaranai

Based on her color theme and effects used, she was aiming for an Egyptian feel or something desert like. I'm guessing she's using colors that symbolizes the sand, so the prime colors are a pale yellowish color set, and its negative colors were used. However, the colors could only symbolize a sand's color. I was hoping the colors could have been a little warmer (adding more orange or red, or even a higher contrasted yellow). The flowers are really choppy which degrades the depth of the background (due to the fact that the sand effect covered the flowers). The image in the hour glass was too small to notice it at first glance. The flow of the theme is decent, but the boarder restricted the flow's extension. However, since the flow also covered the text, its appearance was less of the tag's focus (even though it was on the focal lines). This could have been a great tag, but it's boarders are killing it's freedom as an abstract tag :x

Glarbage

From the first look of the theme, the colors represented colors of marble statues. It may look simplistic, but upon closer inspection, the height and width of the tag was perfect in conserving the focus on image (the statue). The shading of gray tones in the background made me think of stones like an old European castle and gave it a depth of 3D. The lighting is great and, while the focal picture is stationary and motionless, the lighting made the focal image stand out as a strong figure. It's hard to recognize the flow of the image, but based on the light (bottom right of the statue, to the head, to where the head was looking at, to the text), the flow did encompass the major figures of the tag (statue and text) The text and words are superb in flowing with the tag's composition and color theme. The tag had a great composition and great execution on its theme.

My choice: Glarbage

01-15-2010   #7 (permalink)
i's cool guy
Special
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAllodsCombat Arms

flaris has a spectacular aura aboutflaris has a spectacular aura aboutflaris has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to flaris
Xfire: flariss

Kudanarai
Noperative

as to why Noperative over k0n, k0n's work is too dark IMO to be considered having a rainbow feeling or brightness and pots of gold and stuffs

01-15-2010   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Grand ChaseLeague of LegendsTrickster Online

Taik is on a distinguished road

K0n vs Noperative
I liked how Noperative's is so bright and colorful and is easy to see. It had a very happy theme and fit with beauty and rainbow themes. K0n's was too dark and blurred.

01-16-2010   #9 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

Kudaranai

I felt this was better in terms of photo-manipulation.

k0n

He uses rainbows in a way in which it doesn't strain the eyes.

01-16-2010   #10 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Kudaranai

I liked Glarbage's simplicity, but in the end I'm going with Kuda. It caught my eye faster and the sandy, cloudy background provided a nice flow. The flowers were alao a nice touch. Only thing that was off was the black borders and the fact that the hourglass stood out too awkwardly while the castle was hard to see.

k0n

I know when I've lost orz. k0n's was much more calm and followed the beauty theme better through lighting and less gaudy effects. And the idea of placing the rainbow through the bubbles was a great one

Also, the theme should have been "Rainbow" and the style should have been "Beauty."

I'll be back next year! *puts on flowing cape and walks off*

01-16-2010   #11 (permalink)
Oukacon.
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia
Awards Pervert Award

Reinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Reinshiki
IGN: Reinshiki
Class: Amy, Arme, Ryan and Mari.
Level: What's the point? GC now so easy.

k0n vs Noperative

k0n's design was a little too dark for me, and most of the parts were too blur.

Noperative made use of many colors to bring out the "Rainbow" in the colors of his entry.

But the "Beauty" part is questionable..

However, they were both a good try.

So, I choose Noperative over k0n.

- Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But people who never wins and never quits, are idiots.
- To save yourself unnecessary trouble, read the forum rules.

01-17-2010   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Yuer is on a distinguished road
IGN: Pica
Guild: Summer

Kudaranai
Glarbage's signature is simple and focus the castle very well. I prefer Kudaranai's because of its creativity. The castle in the sand is very interesting and the background goes along with the topic very well.

k0n
The rainbow is more comfortable to the eyes than Noperative's.

01-19-2010   #13 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Sorry for being late on this.
The poll has been closed.

Congratulations to the two that have advanced to the Fourth Round. They are:
  1. Kudaranai
  2. k0n
To those that did not get points due to automatic advancement will be accredited properly to keep it fair and balanced.

Participants will receive a PM around January 19, 2010 6:00 PM PST on the next specifications.

Look. Both are Staff members! /flees

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦