ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Contests & Events (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/)
-   -   Fashion of the Month #1 (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/60618-fashion-month-1-a.html)

Ascherit 10-15-2009 07:06 PM

Fashion of the Month #1

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/...otmbanner2.png

October 2009

Do you like dressing up? Do you think you're the most dazzling fashionista/o of all time? Do you think you have what it takes to woo and wow the community with your FABULOUS outfits? Well, do we have quite the contest for you!

How to Enter
  1. Plan your outfit and dress yourself according to the given theme below
  2. Take a picture of yourself wearing said outfit. Also, in your photo, you must show some sort of identification of your forum name (paper signs, name tags, write on face, etc.). This is done in order to confirm the validity of your photo and to prevent people from pulling random images from shopping websites and image search engines. (You may cover your face with the paper if you wish to preserve your personal identity.)
  3. Upload and submit your photo by PMing them to me before the deadline
  4. Voting will begin once submission period is over
Rules
  • PICTURES MUST BE SAFE FOR WORK. No nekkid pictures.
  • Your outfit must correspond to the given theme. Yes, I know fashion is interpreted differently by everyone, but if the theme is punk and you're wearing a polo and striped shorts, I have every right to reject your entry.
  • 1 photo/submission per person. If you submit another entry during the submission period I will assume that you want to use that as your entry instead of your previous submission.
  • People with 2 consecutive wins will not be eligible to participate in the next FotM
  • Photos must be sized appropriately. Don't send me your 4000x4000 .jpegs -- my computer will freeze and I'll probably ignore your entry. (MAXIMUM WIDTH = 700 px. If you need me to resize your photo, please link it, don't use image tags)
Voting
  • There will be a separate poll for each gender.
  • If there are not enough male/female contestants in their respective division, the poll will be lumped together and there will be only one winner.
  • Voting will begin as soon as the deadline leeway ends and the poll will go on for 1 week.

Prizes
  • Rep from me for each gender division winner
  • Each gender-division winner will receive a small CG piece of them and their outfit, drawn exclusively by myself (art samples can be found in my art thread)
  • The CGs and your winning photo will be placed in /ggFTW!'s Fashion Hall of Fame
  • ?? Mystery Prize ??

Deadline: November 2nd, 2009 (3PM PST) to November 16th, 2009 (3PM PST)

Late entries will not be accepted, although I WILL give a 12 hour leeway after the deadline due to conflicting timezones.

Theme: Geek/Nerd/Someone trying to look very smart (ex: taped glasses, suspenders, pants up to your waist, etc)

Good luck!

Ascherit 10-31-2009 11:03 PM

Contest ends tomorrow, please get those entries in!

Shazbot 11-01-2009 01:16 PM

Sadly, I had an entry but I lost it Lol~ /swt

Mitchi 11-01-2009 03:34 PM

Mine's kinda crappy lol, and I WAS gonna chicken out, but with 5 people shouting DO IT at me, I kinda had to. >_>

I just hope I'm not disqualified from my plate being hard to read.

Ascherit 11-01-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilShazbot (Post 1034493)
Sadly, I had an entry but I lost it Lol~ /swt

Shaz if you can attempt to find your entry then it'd be you and Mitchi competing head-to-head lol

otherwise I'll be forced to start a new round with a different theme

I actually liked Mitchi's entry, too Dx

Mitchi 11-01-2009 07:19 PM

Yeah Shaz, go find yours D:

Shazbot 11-02-2009 03:08 PM

I didn't show the sign thingy, and I don't have my friend's bunny ears to attempt a Loli-pic. :V

Ascherit 11-02-2009 03:55 PM

Aw, oh well

Anyways, new theme up, good luck everyone!

Mitchi 11-02-2009 05:57 PM

fffffffffffff

And I was looking forward to this too :(

iloovedoggies 11-04-2009 04:39 PM

awww i like the geek/nerd theme haha
i was actually one for halloween but i didn't take any pictures and i returned all the clothes i borrowed from my friends already :(

can't wait to see the submissions C:

Shiki 11-05-2009 08:12 AM

I wanted to take a couple of pictures with a friend joining. It turned into a mini-photoshoot loools.

This event is awesome fun with someone to play with.
..and paper signs are pretty fail,they cover the shirt away.
B>Stuff I can use to write on my face.

Mitchi 11-05-2009 12:04 PM

With my wardrobe and acne problem, all I have to do for this is dress normally, lol.

Shiki 11-05-2009 12:27 PM

Ah,we wanted to draw freckles. I think we totally forgot about that :/...and I don't know how to use and remove makeup. :(

Matilda 11-08-2009 11:41 PM

I cannot wait to see all the submissons too >_<.

Ascherit 11-09-2009 03:17 PM

Only 2 submissions so far

But they're both pretty awesome :)

Lushcious 11-09-2009 05:44 PM

Does this have to be a full-body photo?
Because I don't have a tripod.

Mitchi 11-09-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lushcious (Post 1046101)
Does this have to be a full-body photo?
Because I don't have a tripod.

I don't think it does. You could use a full length mirror though, if you have one. That's what I did last time (though it's kinda difficult).

Lushcious 11-09-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchi (Post 1046117)
I don't think it does. You could use a full length mirror though, if you have one. That's what I did last time (though it's kinda difficult).

Yeah, it's extremely hard.
Since my camera fails at taking flash with mirror, it turns all dark and gross.
And without flash, it looks grainy and blurry. =/

If the picture is taken too far away, it will be hard to see the sign. >:

Ascherit 11-09-2009 07:50 PM

You can take a full body photo without the sign

and another close-up photo of you holding the sign

As long as I tell that the faces match up then it's fine to take a full-body w/o a sign. (the close-up pic would be used as confirmation)

Shiki 11-09-2009 10:55 PM

Awesome! I'm already anxious about next month. LOLS