MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > ggFTW > ggFTW News > Contests & Events

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (17) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-22-2009   17 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki
Default IAH Dragonica Guide Contest

Attention Dragonica Players!
Sept 22 2009 - Oct 9 2009

Hello to all Dragonicans.
Remember when you started playing and needed help with job changing or bossing and older players were willing to help you out? Now it is your turn to help future players with the generosity you were given before.

We are looking for you to write out some awesome guides for Dragonica players. Some of you may have experience in writing guides while some of you don't. Do not worry as we are not here to judge how perfect your guides are but how informative they can be for the community.

How to Enter
Pick one Job path and write a guide on leveling from 1-60 in that job path. Your guide should include:
  • Guide should be for IAH Games Dragonica
  • General leveling/questing information
  • Skills up to 3rd job
  • Mob and instance/boss strategies
  • (optional) PvP specs and tactics

Please submit your guide into the appropriate category for your job path:

Dragonica Warrior Class Guides - /gg FTW!
Dragonica Magician Class Guides - /gg FTW!
Dragonica Archer Class Guides - /gg FTW!
Dragonica Thief Class Guides - /gg FTW!

You must post a link in this thread to your guide for it to be considered.

Prizes
Grand Prize (1)
  • The publication of your guide in our ggftw.com/guides
  • 50,000 cash points for IAH Dragonica
  • Level 40 pet egg on IAH Dragonica

Category Winners (3)
  • The publication of your guide in our ggftw.com/guides
  • 10,000 cash points for IAH Dragonica
  • Level 20 pet egg on IAH Dragonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
Want to write a guide but not sure how to? Check my Guide to Guides. It gives you some tips on creating a credible, informational guide that will help your fellow ggFTW'ers!
Please take this guide writing seriously. Any guides posted with no work put into it or any that are plagiarized will lead to disqualification. Please do not worry if English is not your first language. Try your best at making it as clear as possible. It's the thought of wanting to contribute to the community that counts.

By submitting a guide you grant /gg FTW! rights to republish your guide on our content pages and to edit the guide for English clarity.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

Last edited by NoeJeko; 09-23-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-23-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

conkriter is on a distinguished road

here is my post

/forum/dragonica-war...tml#post990719

09-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

10JQKA will become famous soon enough

Yooo, I'll apologize if I have posted this on the wrong thread, BUTT I have an EXCUSE! I'm NEW to this site so be niceee to me!!! =p

Okay so here is my question,

*This competition actually caught my attention and I'm interested in taking part to give a shot in winning it. So here are my doubts. How do I "post a link in this thread to your guide for it to be considered." as in, where am I going to post my guild? so that I can post a link of that location here?

*Is there a date line for this competition? If there is, when is it?

Thank you so much in advance for replying my doubts. And thank you once again for organizing such events!

10JQKA,
Peace Out

09-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Yes, you can post a link to your guide (not guild) here. Your guide must be written on /gg FTW!, however.

09-23-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Yes, you can post a link to your guide (not guild) here. Your guide must be written on /gg FTW!, however.
Ohh ahh thx for the info.

But what does written on /gg FTW! means?

Sorry for these doubts as I'm pretty slow person, I requires direct idiot proof explanation to clear my doubts! Sorry once again.

Thanks in advance again,

09-23-2009   #6 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

It means your guide has to be submitted in this forum. If you link us to another forum, it does not count.

So whichever guide you are writing about, click one of the links below [ depending on the class ] and click New Thread. Once you are done writing it up, press Submit Reply and post the link here.
Quote:
Please submit your guide into the appropriate category for your job path:

Dragonica Warrior Class Guides - /gg FTW!
Dragonica Magician Class Guides - /gg FTW!
Dragonica Archer Class Guides - /gg FTW!
Dragonica Thief Class Guides - /gg FTW!

You must post a link in this thread to your guide for it to be considered.
The end date is in small print. October 2, 2009.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

Last edited by Esper; 09-23-2009 at 10:10 AM.

09-23-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirae
It means your guide has to be submitted in this forum. If you link us to another forum, it does not count.

So whichever guide you are writing about, click one of the links below [ depending on the class ] and click New Thread. Once you are done writing it up, press Submit Reply and post the link here.
oh great great thx! gosh felt so stupid for asking that.

Thank you once again for clearing my doubt. Ill work on the guide.

09-23-2009   #8 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10JQKA
oh great great thx! gosh felt so stupid for asking that.

Thank you once again for clearing my doubt. Ill work on the guide.
Don't feel stupid for it. That's why we're here, to answer your questions and help you out =]

Good luck!

09-23-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Wills is on a distinguished road

Thief Class Guide: Thief > Jester > Harlequin.

Last edited by Esper; 09-23-2009 at 08:10 PM.

09-23-2009   #10 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite but I'll edit your post. Just give me a few seconds. [ You usually put the title of the thread you are linking to ]

Do you want to keep the "Dragonica Thief Class Guides - /gg FTW!"
That isn't necessary because guide titles usually should be what you will talk about in the guide.

You can also double post as a spot saver in case you decide to add more and you reach the limit in the first post.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

Last edited by Esper; 09-23-2009 at 11:43 AM.

09-23-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirae
Not quite but I'll edit your post. Just give me a few seconds. [ You usually put the title of the thread you are linking to ]

Do you want to keep the "Dragonica Thief Class Guides - /gg FTW!"
That isn't necessary because guide titles usually should be what you will talk about in the guide.

You can also double post as a spot saver in case you decide to add more and you reach the limit in the first post.
so i just have to remove the the Dragonica Thief Class Guides - /gg FTW! and replace it Thief > Jester > Harlequin?

09-23-2009   #12 (permalink)
Special
Games

It was already edited out by someone. It's fine like that. :]

09-23-2009   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

okie

09-23-2009   #14 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Note: At the request of IAHgames this event has been extended until October 9th

09-24-2009   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Delusion95 is on a distinguished road

I just noticed I registered on this site long ago ._. for some reason that I forgot and left here, and I foolishly registered again, with my same hotmail luckily

So can I copy paste my guide here anyway from IAHForums? Is that legal anyway (Using my guide, not plagiarism)?

09-25-2009   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Culinary is on a distinguished road
Default My Guide

Oracle
/forum/dragonica-mag...tml#post990830

09-25-2009   #17 (permalink)
Pandas!
Special
Games
AuditionPangyaTibiaTrickster Online
Awards Retired Division HeadAdmin AwardEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Shiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Symphony

Oho,now I know what to play.

Attention:
If you have used any pictures, please cite them. We do not wish for conflict to arise if the original guide writer saw you took something without giving proper credit.
Permission is required if the person states you must message them beforehand to use their material.
Quote:
Plagiarism. This is covered in the forum rules so I won’t waste too much time. In short, don’t do it. Cite your sources if you pull from other guides.

Last edited by Esper; 09-25-2009 at 11:26 AM.

09-25-2009   #18 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

To clarify Shiki's post:

You cannot pull from other guides. If we find out you have plagiarized any portion of your guide or "borrowed" with citation you will be disqualified. This event is your guide -- not your interpretation of other guides.

Think about it. If you wrote a guide and some other person took parts of yours and won something, would you be upset? Probably. Don't be that guy.

09-25-2009   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Delusion95 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To clarify Shiki's post:

You cannot pull from other guides. If we find out you have plagiarized any portion of your guide or "borrowed" with citation you will be disqualified. This event is your guide -- not your interpretation of other guides.

Think about it. If you wrote a guide and some other person took parts of yours and won something, would you be upset? Probably. Don't be that guy.
Sorry if I didn't wrote clearly, my interpretation skill is still not as clear.

For the first part, I did not borrow any one else's guide except mines only. I would want to take my guide purely only, and ctrl-c everything in my guide and paste it into here. Is this allowed?

Well, for the last part, I would be a little upset though, but as from above, I would be just taking my own guide.

I asked this because I need some clarification from you, because whether my guide can be taken from there, and saves me some trouble for writing another one. If this is allowed, do I need to use my IAHForums nick to post about my participation for here to affirm this I'm not plagiarizing any of my fellow friend's guide? (and post a screenshot for proof anyway?)

Sorry if I gave you some trouble anyway. (I know my above points are repeating again @_@)

OT : So ya have pangya emotions , used those in some other forums, looks kinda cute.

09-26-2009   #20 (permalink)
Pandas!
Special
Games
AuditionPangyaTibiaTrickster Online
Awards Retired Division HeadAdmin AwardEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Shiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Symphony

We weren't directing my message to anyone in particular.
We're trying to tell everyone who are trying to write guides for this event to acknowledge their sources. It does not need to be a detailed bibliography, but credits and permission must be sought.

AFAIK, It's okay for you to copy and paste items from elsewhere as long as it is your own to begin with. Since it happens to be a guide, I expect all screenshots and the information alike to be done by you. If not, get permission and credit, else face disqualification.

Regarding your matter, I suppose Mirae would be able to tell you.