ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Contests & Events (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/)
-   -   IAH Dragonica Guide Contest (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/58541-iah-dragonica-guide-contest.html)

NoeJeko 09-22-2009 07:47 AM

IAH Dragonica Guide Contest
 
Attention Dragonica Players!
Sept 22 2009 - Oct 9 2009

Hello to all Dragonicans.
Remember when you started playing and needed help with job changing or bossing and older players were willing to help you out? Now it is your turn to help future players with the generosity you were given before.

We are looking for you to write out some awesome guides for Dragonica players. Some of you may have experience in writing guides while some of you don't. Do not worry as we are not here to judge how perfect your guides are but how informative they can be for the community.

How to Enter
Pick one Job path and write a guide on leveling from 1-60 in that job path. Your guide should include:
  • Guide should be for IAH Games Dragonica
  • General leveling/questing information
  • Skills up to 3rd job
  • Mob and instance/boss strategies
  • (optional) PvP specs and tactics

Please submit your guide into the appropriate category for your job path:

Dragonica Warrior Class Guides - /gg FTW!
Dragonica Magician Class Guides - /gg FTW!
Dragonica Archer Class Guides - /gg FTW!
Dragonica Thief Class Guides - /gg FTW!

You must post a link in this thread to your guide for it to be considered.

Prizes
Grand Prize (1)
  • The publication of your guide in our ggftw.com/guides
  • 50,000 cash points for IAH Dragonica
  • Level 40 pet egg on IAH Dragonica

Category Winners (3)
  • The publication of your guide in our ggftw.com/guides
  • 10,000 cash points for IAH Dragonica
  • Level 20 pet egg on IAH Dragonica

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko
Want to write a guide but not sure how to? Check my Guide to Guides. It gives you some tips on creating a credible, informational guide that will help your fellow ggFTW'ers!

Please take this guide writing seriously. Any guides posted with no work put into it or any that are plagiarized will lead to disqualification. Please do not worry if English is not your first language. Try your best at making it as clear as possible. It's the thought of wanting to contribute to the community that counts.

By submitting a guide you grant /gg FTW! rights to republish your guide on our content pages and to edit the guide for English clarity.

conkriter 09-23-2009 08:02 AM

here is my post:py07:


/forum/dragonica-war...tml#post990719

10JQKA 09-23-2009 09:32 AM

Yooo, I'll apologize if I have posted this on the wrong thread, BUTT I have an EXCUSE! I'm NEW to this site so be niceee to me!!! =p


Okay so here is my question,

*This competition actually caught my attention and I'm interested in taking part to give a shot in winning it. So here are my doubts. How do I "post a link in this thread to your guide for it to be considered." as in, where am I going to post my guild? so that I can post a link of that location here?

*Is there a date line for this competition? If there is, when is it?


Thank you so much in advance for replying my doubts. And thank you once again for organizing such events!


10JQKA,
Peace Out

NoeJeko 09-23-2009 09:45 AM

Yes, you can post a link to your guide (not guild) here. Your guide must be written on /gg FTW!, however.

10JQKA 09-23-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 990815)
Yes, you can post a link to your guide (not guild) here. Your guide must be written on /gg FTW!, however.

Ohh ahh thx for the info.

But what does written on /gg FTW! means?


Sorry for these doubts as I'm pretty slow person, I requires direct idiot proof explanation to clear my doubts! Sorry once again.

Thanks in advance again,

Esper 09-23-2009 11:07 AM

It means your guide has to be submitted in this forum. If you link us to another forum, it does not count.

So whichever guide you are writing about, click one of the links below [ depending on the class ] and click New Thread. Once you are done writing it up, press Submit Reply and post the link here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 989256)
Please submit your guide into the appropriate category for your job path:

Dragonica Warrior Class Guides - /gg FTW!
Dragonica Magician Class Guides - /gg FTW!
Dragonica Archer Class Guides - /gg FTW!
Dragonica Thief Class Guides - /gg FTW!

You must post a link in this thread to your guide for it to be considered.

The end date is in small print. October 2, 2009.

10JQKA 09-23-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirae (Post 990893)
It means your guide has to be submitted in this forum. If you link us to another forum, it does not count.

So whichever guide you are writing about, click one of the links below [ depending on the class ] and click New Thread. Once you are done writing it up, press Submit Reply and post the link here.

oh great great thx! gosh felt so stupid for asking that.

Thank you once again for clearing my doubt. Ill work on the guide.

NoeJeko 09-23-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10JQKA (Post 990900)
oh great great thx! gosh felt so stupid for asking that.

Thank you once again for clearing my doubt. Ill work on the guide.

Don't feel stupid for it. That's why we're here, to answer your questions and help you out =]

Good luck!

Wills 09-23-2009 12:20 PM

Thief Class Guide: Thief > Jester > Harlequin.

Esper 09-23-2009 12:40 PM

Not quite but I'll edit your post. Just give me a few seconds. [ You usually put the title of the thread you are linking to ]

Do you want to keep the "Dragonica Thief Class Guides - /gg FTW!"
That isn't necessary because guide titles usually should be what you will talk about in the guide.

You can also double post as a spot saver in case you decide to add more and you reach the limit in the first post.

Wills 09-23-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirae (Post 990952)
Not quite but I'll edit your post. Just give me a few seconds. [ You usually put the title of the thread you are linking to ]

Do you want to keep the "Dragonica Thief Class Guides - /gg FTW!"
That isn't necessary because guide titles usually should be what you will talk about in the guide.

You can also double post as a spot saver in case you decide to add more and you reach the limit in the first post.

so i just have to remove the the Dragonica Thief Class Guides - /gg FTW! and replace it Thief > Jester > Harlequin?

Esper 09-23-2009 09:10 PM

It was already edited out by someone. It's fine like that. :]

Wills 09-23-2009 09:35 PM

okie :py04:

NoeJeko 09-23-2009 09:49 PM

Note: At the request of IAHgames this event has been extended until October 9th

Delusion95 09-25-2009 12:16 AM

I just noticed I registered on this site long ago ._. for some reason that I forgot and left here, and I foolishly registered again, with my same hotmail luckily

So can I copy paste my guide here anyway from IAHForums? Is that legal anyway (Using my guide, not plagiarism)?

Culinary 09-25-2009 09:05 AM

My Guide
 
Oracle
/forum/dragonica-mag...tml#post990830

Shiki 09-25-2009 11:43 AM

Oho,now I know what to play.


Attention:
If you have used any pictures, please cite them. We do not wish for conflict to arise if the original guide writer saw you took something without giving proper credit.
Permission is required if the person states you must message them beforehand to use their material.
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 72)
Plagiarism. This is covered in the forum rules so I won’t waste too much time. In short, don’t do it. Cite your sources if you pull from other guides.


NoeJeko 09-25-2009 12:04 PM

To clarify Shiki's post:

You cannot pull from other guides. If we find out you have plagiarized any portion of your guide or "borrowed" with citation you will be disqualified. This event is your guide -- not your interpretation of other guides.

Think about it. If you wrote a guide and some other person took parts of yours and won something, would you be upset? Probably. Don't be that guy.

Delusion95 09-25-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 993734)
To clarify Shiki's post:

You cannot pull from other guides. If we find out you have plagiarized any portion of your guide or "borrowed" with citation you will be disqualified. This event is your guide -- not your interpretation of other guides.

Think about it. If you wrote a guide and some other person took parts of yours and won something, would you be upset? Probably. Don't be that guy.

Sorry if I didn't wrote clearly, my interpretation skill is still not as clear.

For the first part, I did not borrow any one else's guide except mines only. I would want to take my guide purely only, and ctrl-c everything in my guide and paste it into here. Is this allowed?

Well, for the last part, I would be a little upset though, but as from above, I would be just taking my own guide.

I asked this because I need some clarification from you, because whether my guide can be taken from there, and saves me some trouble for writing another one. If this is allowed, do I need to use my IAHForums nick to post about my participation for here to affirm this I'm not plagiarizing any of my fellow friend's guide? (and post a screenshot for proof anyway?)

Sorry if I gave you some trouble anyway. (I know my above points are repeating again @_@)

OT : So ya have pangya emotions :py11:, used those in some other forums, looks kinda cute.

Shiki 09-26-2009 09:03 AM

We weren't directing my message to anyone in particular.
We're trying to tell everyone who are trying to write guides for this event to acknowledge their sources. It does not need to be a detailed bibliography, but credits and permission must be sought.

AFAIK, It's okay for you to copy and paste items from elsewhere as long as it is your own to begin with. Since it happens to be a guide, I expect all screenshots and the information alike to be done by you. If not, get permission and credit, else face disqualification.

Regarding your matter, I suppose Mirae would be able to tell you. :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.