ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Contests & Events (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/)
-   -   NoeJeko's Challenge to MyMMO Members (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/5657-noejekos-challenge-mymmo-members.html)

NoeJeko 08-03-2008 12:50 AM

NoeJeko's Challenge to MyMMO Members

With LaTale Closed Beta out, Ragnarok beta coming up soon, and the old MT community scattered, we have a lot of chances to enhance our community. We get a lot of hits off Google, but they're mainly people lurking the forums and wiki.

So, I have a challenge for you all. For the month of August, can each member of MMOG get one person, per week, to join us? I mean like, join and start posting? It doesn't matter what game you're in - just one person per week.

If every single member we have did this, and the next week everyone they invited did this, at the end of August we would have 29,424 members and someone would have the 500 galder+4G5 Trickster event prize!

I challenge you, can you get one person per week to join?

Bob 08-03-2008 12:51 AM

Yes ma`am. It sounds simple enough.

And wtf@poll.

Kusuriuri 08-03-2008 12:54 AM

*Invites Kaze guildies?*

Am I doin eet rite D8

Fuzzy 08-03-2008 12:56 AM

I've told like 70+ people to join, haven't seen a single one here. I already tried everyone I know.

so, good luck guys.

Also, Noe. Might I suggest make (or have someone make, because you are busy) a pop up to guests after viewing X(Say like 5?) threads to say "Why not join? It's free and you can actually talk to get problems/questions answered sooner!" Some forums only allow 5 thread views as a guest per 24 hours. Might get more members to actually register instead of lurking

Toribear 08-03-2008 12:57 AM

im up for the challange ;o; but i uninstalled trickster orz. but i'll try my best to get people to join

NoeJeko 08-03-2008 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 91755)
I've told like 70+ people to join, haven't seen a single one here. I already tried everyone I know.

so, good luck guys.

Also, Noe. Might I suggest make (or have someone make, because you are busy) a pop up to guests after viewing X(Say like 5?) threads to say "Why not join? It's free and you can actually talk to get problems/questions answered sooner!" Some forums only allow 5 thread views as a guest per 24 hours. Might get more members to actually register instead of lurking

It's because it interferes with Google's ability to index the site. Guests get more ads anyway, I was hoping the annoyance would make them join. All the guest ads say something like "Register<linked> to remove this ad".

Bob 08-03-2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 91755)

I know your intent is good, but doing that would annoy the shit out of people. I clear my temporary files/cookies/etc. every time I close Firefox and if I was an unregistered member, that would mean I would see that pop up every time I come here. I wouldn`t be too happy. Yeah =/.

NoeJeko 08-03-2008 12:59 AM

You know, as optimistic and random as I'm trying to be, I'm really disappointed that we have people voting "no"... just goes to show who actually gives a shit about the community.

Jon 08-03-2008 01:00 AM

I'll try to help, but nobody listens to me. It's an awesome site, so I'm sure they'll join at any rate. xD

Tamiki 08-03-2008 01:00 AM

I perfer to dai noe.

Try and find meh :lol:

EDIT: I would find people, but everyone i know ish already on here, or most of my friends don't hab internet or a computers >.>

Kusuriuri 08-03-2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 91760)
You know, as optimistic and random as I'm trying to be, I'm really disappointed that we have people voting "no"... just goes to show who actually gives a shit about the community.

Wow, shame on you guys ._. I mean, I actually logged on specifically to ask people to atleast check the forum. Its not that hard to tell people to look, at the very least.

And if people are voting no as a joke.. well... Im equally ashamed >_o

Kat 08-03-2008 01:04 AM

Then why's there even a "No" option? :(

Plus, people still want time to get to 1000+ posts.
D8<

Most of us will end up trying anyways
orz

Bob 08-03-2008 01:05 AM

It`s quite easy... (as much as I spend time on games) to ask just 1 person, once a week, to look at our forums.

@__@ Not that much effort to help the community out =)!

I`ll do it once a day >___>.

Toribear 08-03-2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 91768)
It`s quite easy... (as much as I spend time on games) to ask just 1 person, once a week, to look at our forums.

@__@ Not that much effort to help the community out =)!

I`ll do it once a day >___>.

a simple task if you mmo alot of games. but if a person joins every 30 minutes for 8 hours or so if you play that much then you could get 16 people to join mymmogames. that's only with 1 person. with 1800 members here, we could get 54000 a day in 8 hours if we can get a person per half an hour

Yuki 08-03-2008 01:09 AM

I'm up for it, although I already ran out of people. Lols time to meet new peeps yo. ;D Anyhow. So far, everyone has just said, yes it's easy to gather people. But I would also like to point out what GirlNextDoor has said. That people still want to get to 1k posts, to be eligible for the event. Which in my opinion is MUCH more harder to do, than to gather members. =_=

Kebin 08-03-2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodVeil (Post 91764)
Wow, shame on you guys ._. I mean, I actually logged on specifically to ask people to atleast check the forum. Its not that hard to tell people to look, at the very least.

And if people are voting no as a joke.. well... Im equally ashamed >_o

I agree. At least try for the community :p
Then again if we are going to look down at every opposing vote, why add a poll to begin with :confused:

NoeJeko 08-03-2008 01:13 AM

Even if we doubled per week - we wouldn't break the 10k mark until sometime in the 3rd week. I really hope that "I don't have 1k posts" isn't the reason people aren't inviting others...

The poll was supposed to be rhetorical ]=

SkillzKillz 08-03-2008 01:19 AM

Since I missed the event to Spread The Word about MOG due to personal issues, I was planning to recruit people on my own.

But hey, an event! This is a great opportunity and I'll see what I can do. =)

I'm in.

Adun 08-03-2008 01:23 AM

I'll just say "GO TO MYMMOGAMES.NET" to every person I talk to in-game and see what happens, and mention the LT Wiki. :V <3

Kusuriuri 08-03-2008 01:24 AM

Lol Piru. Blunt as always.