ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Contests & Events (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/)
-   -   Testimonial Event - Voting (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/5219-testimonial-event-voting.html)

sunchip 07-29-2008 11:28 PM

Testimonial Event - Voting

Please vote for your favorite testimonial:
Multiple Choice Voting (you're allowed to choose more than 1 testimonial)

WINNER IS SOLEMN

#1 - "I think MyMMO is great because we are a big community and everyone its friendly even though there are some odd people such as Danzig or Step, but that's ok, I like random section you don't know what to expect there,and the wiki its awesome too :D"

#2 - "So yes, MyMMOGames.net, a great place to be. Where else can you be with friends who share your interests and yet, you know about half of them IRL? It's that great. How can you get RL advice with the post of a thread? MMOG, that's where? We're helpful, fun-loving, and perverted people! Ok, maybe a handful are all three, but nonetheless, we're great!"

#3 - "So, you may ask, "Why should I join MyMMOgames? It's just a forum, right?"

Wrong.

MyMMOgames is not just a forum. MyMMOgames is a community, full of people from all walks of life, who play all sorts of different MMO games, or even no online games at all!

Some of the friendliest people around are at MyMMOgames, the staff is very active, and I personally am very proud to be a part of this. There's so many updates going on every day, the wiki is epic, there's even a staff blog! So, the real question should be, "Why shouldn't you join MyMMOgames?""

#4 - "MyMMOGames.net is a great place to be because it is a great place to be. The community is friendly and rather wild at times. The threads and posts are informational and quite entertaining. The staff members are balanced-headed and motivated. The site-owners are hard workers and welcome user suggestions. I am here to support NoeJeko, my wife, and I love to wake up and find that the forum has grown once again. I love it when I see threads that show the support and faith of users for the new forum. I love the feeling of satisfaction when I win an event or fulfill a signature request. I love signing on to MOG chat and finding pages after pages of spam. MyMMOGames.net is a place that I have influenced. It`s a place we have all influenced. If you take the time and realize, I am the greatest leader ever, we will overthrow NoeJeko and take over MyMMOGames.net! That means free reputation for everyone! Take a stand! 300 words is a lot of words."

#5 - "There are many possible answers one could give. Not only is MyMMOGames.net total eye-candy, and easy on the eyes, not some bright strawberry pink, or some dark chocolate brown. Not only is the moderation staff excellent, the people are excellent! People are willing to answer questions, and wanting to give answers. They want to help people! And we store our information! So it's available to everyone who wants or needs to see it! The Wiki is AMAZING! With an amazing staff, the Wiki is one of the best I have ever seen. Also, MyMMOGames.net's Wiki covers a vast land of topics. Not just one MMO, like Trickster Online, or MapleStory, or even LaTale. It covers all main games that have heavy interest. Concert Gate, Mabinogi, Trickster Online, LaTale! And even it's Forums have a wide variety of topics. Such as about upcoming events, non-MMO Video Games, Pets, Food, Beauty, Fitness, Health! And that's just scratching the surface of what MyMMOGames.net has to offer. I have been a member of MyMMOGames.net since the near-beginning, and I love it. It's like a second home to me, and I wouldn't want to see anything bad happen to it, it's owner, or it's members. Whether I like them, or not. So, once you register, and get used to it, MyMMOGames.net is a great place to be. Who am I kidding? It's an AMAZING place to be!"

#6 - "Well how can I start it? Ever since MyTrickster was closed down I decided to check up on MyMMOGames (or MOG for short), seeing all my friends here and more. This community, has grown ever since we recreated it. MyMMOGames is a great place to be, because of the community, the friends you can make, and we can expain the games more in detail. What's great about it, is that we have more games like Mabinogi, PangYa, Grand Chase, and not to mention the new game LaTale coming out while we merge with LaTaleSource. I was doubting the community at first, but seeing it change made me feel alot better, leaving me active on this forum. I've become aquaintences with a few people, and befriended new ones that I've never talked with before. I have to thank NoeJeko for having this community thrive with new players, new staff crew, a very new mascot, and tons of other things. Theres guilds moving over to universal like: MyHarem, Debaters, and Pantsu. We also have an old gangs like: RedEclipse, ~Destiny~, and {Royalty}. Look there are some new suprises too! LaTale Guilds and the legendary Dango guild have moved over to MOG. We have lots of people talking about popular animes, or old animes as well. Most of my friends have moved here, and one has shared the same story as me (and we're not even sisters!). I can tell by where we are now we're going to be staying here for a long time. MOG is pretty much the best place to stay in during the summer. Rain,Sleet,Snow,or Hail this community grows and changes! Lots of events happening around the site too! Now lets go Lol and Rofl."

#7 - "There's a lot you can say about MyMMOGamesóso much that I donít know where to start. But Iíll try. It has the most affable and mature community Iíve yet to meet on any forum, and the friends Iíve pleasurably made are no less incredible. The staff is friendly and active, the wiki is elaborate and informative, and the threads and posts are all contributive and stimulatingóthereís always something for you to really sink your teeth into. Stuck on a quest in an MMOG? Is it LaTale? Concerto Gate? Mabinogi? Grand Chase? Ragnarok? Trickster? MapleStory? Dragonica? You name it! The wiki is wonderfully detailed and easy to navigate, so you can always find what you need. If the wiki doesnít answer your query, cordial members are here to help! Though dedicated to MMOGís, MyMMOGames covers a broad array of other topics as well, ranging from food to dramas to fitness and much more. The community is here to listen to your rants and provide you with advice when youíre stuck in between a rock and a hard place (e.g. friend won't talk to you). Expect comments nothing less than constructiveóthe level of maturity is absolutely astounding. But donít take my word for it. You can do yourself a favor and join now. No one is obligating you, of course, but you might regret it if you donít. I know I would. Try it out for ten minutesóall I needed to get hooked. You donít have to stay if it doesnít suit you, though with a forum so vivid and lively, itíll be no surprise should you soon find yourself visiting for hours at a time. MyMMOGames grew on me and became more than just a forum I visited everyday. It became a second family.Ē

Prizes:

#1 - Winner's testimonial will be featured on the front page until the next event is held

#2 - Winner will receive this image under their forum ID: http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...nialwinner.jpg
#3 - Winner will receive this icon badge under their 'Recognition' bar when the award system is installed: http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...onialbadge.png

Sanichi 07-30-2008 06:50 AM

Hard Vote. ):

Khmer2k1d5 07-30-2008 06:58 AM

Lol, yes hard vote ^^;;

I vote 2 #_#

Strikegundam 07-30-2008 07:19 AM

Hard to vote..

james 07-30-2008 07:34 AM

5 through 7 all sound so good! It made my decision so much harder.
I was certainly not expecting this. =3

I found Bob's testimony. o-O''
GASP! I spelled Concerto Gate wrong! Q_Q

Medoria 07-30-2008 07:44 AM

I voted 7 cause it was well written and seems to command a bit more respect than the others. A nice serious testimonial~

james 07-30-2008 07:46 AM

I flipped a coin between 5 and 7. In the end, it was 7.
Testimonial 7 barely made it in. It has 297 words. xD

Catharsis 07-30-2008 07:55 AM

I'm particularly fond of #7. I love that it stressed the community very well, which is what we're all about anyway. Games come and go, but we stick together.

/high-fives everyone

Genchou 07-30-2008 08:20 AM

I liked 7 the most. It was well-written.

Solemn 07-30-2008 09:43 AM

All the testimonials are great! :] When does this poll end?

SlowBro 07-30-2008 09:53 AM

Some of them seem like tl;dr or walloftext assuming the audience is mostly young gamers.

Perhaps some editing will make it a little more readable, but I agree #7 is the best in terms of promoting the community.

XORaccoon 07-30-2008 10:04 AM

I voted 7 as well. I was so sure that it was over 300 words. ._.

james 07-30-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XORaccoon (Post 85670)
I voted 7 as well. I was so sure that it was over 300 words. ._.

I'm pretty sure whoever wrote it, made sure it wasn't. I used Word to count. 297. Q_Q Lucckkkyyy...

Moonflow 07-30-2008 10:10 AM

i voted 1
short sweet and not too serious

Adun 07-30-2008 10:31 AM

Voted #7... and o_ O @ some of the other ones.

Bob 07-30-2008 11:00 AM

Voted for 7. Very nicely written :O!

Akurei 07-30-2008 11:58 AM

7 just stands out above all the others.

I wonder who wrote it.

hueyple 07-30-2008 02:22 PM

7 for the win
and i wonder who wrote it too

KuroKoden 07-31-2008 06:53 PM

All were very ince, great job!

sunchip 08-01-2008 01:27 AM

voting ends in one day's time, sorry for the short notice because we are going to move forward onto other events soon