Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-29-2009   #1 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki
Default We Love MMOG Event~!

Valentine's Event: We Love MMOG!
Jan 29, 2009 - Feb 28, 2009

This Valentine's day, don't leave MMOG out of the love! Show how much you like this community by referring your friends! Simply have your friends sign up for our community, post a new member thread (or anything else really), and that's it! Show them how friendly our community can be, how helpful our wiki is, or bring them in to help on an area we need improvement on. If you know a guild that's looking for a home that's a great opportunity. Share the love this Valentine's Day!

Prizes:
Top Referrer: $50.00
2nd Place: $30.00
3rd Place: $10.00

Rules:
  1. No multiple IP addresses will be accepted. We realize there are some legitimate instances where users share the same IP, but for the purpose of this event we'll only accept 1 to reduce the risk of fraud.
  2. New referrals must make at least one post. We have an introduction forum - we suggest starting here but they don't have to. Referrals that sign up and disappear won't be counted.
  3. If you post on other forums/blogs - please respect the rules of the other community. We don't tolerate spam here and we won't tolerate our users spamming. If I receive complaints you may be disqualified.
  4. The new members MUST put your name in their referral box to count. We won't go back and add this after the fact.
  5. You must have a minimum of 25 qualifying referrals to be eligible for the prizes.
Payment:
Payment will be sent via PayPal or check delivered from Gavist Media LLC.

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

Last edited by NoeJeko; 02-02-2009 at 08:49 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-29-2009   #2 (permalink)
Go Canada!

Zephy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zephy
IGN: Zephy
Guild: My Harem, [JW]

Oh, this should be an interesting event. Good luck everyone.

Thanks to Shnao for the siggy and avatar

01-29-2009   #3 (permalink)
wuthefuxxat?
Special

Ravn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ravn Send a message via Yahoo to Ravn Send a message via Skype™ to Ravn
IGN: Uraharu
Class: Charm to_gambler
Level: 18x
Guild: EcKs.T.C & Co-Leader of Millenion

So whoever has the most referrals on their profile page shows you who the winners will be? If this is the case, how do you tell if the old referrals don't count?

01-29-2009   #4 (permalink)
私は君のためなら何でもする, my Love
Special

FlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FlamesBlader Send a message via MSN to FlamesBlader
IGN: iFlames
Class: Any
Level: 30
Guild: Expired

Nice event! Referrals, referrals, time to find them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravn
So whoever has the most referrals on their profile page shows you who the winners will be? If this is the case, how do you tell if the old referrals don't count?
Yeah, i was thinking about that as well.

01-29-2009   #5 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravn
I have the ability to check referrals within a certain timeframe. I wouldn't run an event I had no way to check on .__.

k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

01-29-2009   #6 (permalink)
:kamina: Pro

Goldie is on a distinguished road
Guild: SOS Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
If you post on other forums/blogs - please respect the rules of the other community. We don't tolerate spam here and we won't tolerate our users spamming. If I receive complaints you may be disqualified.
Awwwwwwwwwww

Well GL to everyone I'm going to post on MT Lol >.>

01-29-2009   #7 (permalink)
wuthefuxxat?
Special

Ravn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ravn Send a message via Yahoo to Ravn Send a message via Skype™ to Ravn
IGN: Uraharu
Class: Charm to_gambler
Level: 18x
Guild: EcKs.T.C & Co-Leader of Millenion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
I have the ability to check referrals within a certain timeframe. I wouldn't run an event I had no way to check on .__.
I figured. o.e= A li'l fidelity is good, though.

You really are godlike on these forums. Hearing all and seeing all (when ya want to). x3

01-29-2009   #8 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: PSO2: Shizuru
Class: Bouncer 75 | Fighter 71 lu_eir

Alright, good luck everyone!

...Now where to find referrals...

01-30-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

MisterEff is on a distinguished road
IGN: iEff
Class: Meat Man Krieg to_boxer
Level: 70
Guild: ooBER Kaizen

time to make all my buddies sign up or blackmail the hell out of them..... you can make that 50 dorra check payable to cash(for this is my nickname) tyvm....

01-30-2009   #10 (permalink)
is happy
Special

Tecca will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Tecca Send a message via Yahoo to Tecca

I could get a bunch of people to sign up, but seeing as how most of 'em aren't even MMO players, it wouldn't really be fair (they're pretty big on forums though).

In any case, good luck to everyone that participates.

01-30-2009   #11 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecca
I could get a bunch of people to sign up, but seeing as how most of 'em aren't even MMO players, it wouldn't really be fair (they're pretty big on forums though).

In any case, good luck to everyone that participates.
MMOG isn't just about MMORPGs, there's many other categories and forums. Still, they might find some MMORPGs interesting.

01-30-2009   #12 (permalink)
mo mo (≧△≦)木
Special
Games
Eden EternalDragon Nest

khyle has a spectacular aura aboutkhyle has a spectacular aura aboutkhyle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to khyle Send a message via Yahoo to khyle
IGN: 『Lord Sky』
Class: ひきこもり to_sheep
Level: Lvl 4 NEET Otaku
Guild: Debaters / ıɥɔɔ unlimited

^ posting in cchi social group counts as fun ;D

01-30-2009   #13 (permalink)
chocoberry's vampire

antonie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antonie
IGN: antonie
Class: priest to_wizard
Level: 17x(stopped)
Guild: Chocoberry

lol wth?? anyway i think we only can drag people from the game to here X.X

01-30-2009   #14 (permalink)
back to basics.

GrayMatter has a spectacular aura aboutGrayMatter has a spectacular aura about

imma ask my fellow guild mates who haven't join to join here.

BORN TO PLAY

01-30-2009   #15 (permalink)
Ken
本来无一物,何处惹尘埃,问世间有几多爱 ღ 陈冠希
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCross Fire
Awards Facebook Fan

Ken is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ken Send a message via Yahoo to Ken
IGN: LoveKen
Class: Gambler to_gambler
Level: Lay low
Guild: Exorcist
Xfire: Xfire sucks

i haven't done these be4, so how do u check if a person mulitiple ided?o.O

01-30-2009   #16 (permalink)
LolWut?

TehAwesomo is on a distinguished road

I probably won't even get close to winning so I'll step out of this one, good luck to everyone!

01-30-2009   #17 (permalink)
mountain ahoy!
Special
Games
ACE OnlineWorld of TanksGuild Wars 2
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Zegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehAwesomo
I probably won't even get close to winning so I'll step out of this one, good luck to everyone!
It's not about winning, that's just gravy. It's about building the community as a community.

01-30-2009   #18 (permalink)
LolWut?

TehAwesomo is on a distinguished road

ah ur right, ah well Idc if I get referred or not I got 3 people to join at least lol.

01-30-2009   #19 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

Good luck to everyone!

I am not giving up that $$ without a fight.

01-30-2009   #20 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtiel
MMOG isn't just about MMORPGs, there's many other categories and forums. Still, they might find some MMORPGs interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zegridathes
It's not about winning, that's just gravy. It's about building the community as a community.
QFT.

Sure, the prize money is nice and there are some that wouldn't participate if we weren't giving it away - but there are a lot of us that actively try to build the community just because we care about it and want to see it grow.

You know, MT became such a phenomenon because for the first like 3 months in closed/open beta - people advertised MT EVERYWHERE in game. Sadly, a lot of those strong community members were lost in transition or have moved on from gaming but people truly loved the community and wanted to see it thrive and grow.

When we first started MMOG we tried a referral event and it didn't work out too well - but that's because we didn't have that large a community. Still, of those referrals, over 50% stayed and at least 40% of them have post counts >= 1,000. That was off a small active member count of about 300.

Now, if we take today's numbers - we have 1,900 active members. If everyone invites 5 people - that's 11,400 active members. With this many members you can be sure we'd be able to get the resources we needed to cover more games, add more features, and better manage the sections we have.

+5 for ever 1 is wishful thinking, I know.. but imagine if half of you only invited 1 person. That's still an additional 1,000 people contributing their creativity, knowledge, conversation, and presence.