ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Contests & Events (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/)
-   -   We Love MMOG Event~! (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/37214-we-love-mmog-event.html)

NoeJeko 01-29-2009 10:26 PM

We Love MMOG Event~!

http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/imag...welovemmog.png

Valentine's Event: We Love MMOG!
Jan 29, 2009 - Feb 28, 2009

This Valentine's day, don't leave MMOG out of the love! Show how much you like this community by referring your friends! Simply have your friends sign up for our community, post a new member thread (or anything else really), and that's it! Show them how friendly our community can be, how helpful our wiki is, or bring them in to help on an area we need improvement on. If you know a guild that's looking for a home that's a great opportunity. Share the love this Valentine's Day!

Prizes:
Top Referrer: $50.00
2nd Place: $30.00
3rd Place: $10.00

Rules:
  1. No multiple IP addresses will be accepted. We realize there are some legitimate instances where users share the same IP, but for the purpose of this event we'll only accept 1 to reduce the risk of fraud.
  2. New referrals must make at least one post. We have an introduction forum - we suggest starting here but they don't have to. Referrals that sign up and disappear won't be counted.
  3. If you post on other forums/blogs - please respect the rules of the other community. We don't tolerate spam here and we won't tolerate our users spamming. If I receive complaints you may be disqualified.
  4. The new members MUST put your name in their referral box to count. We won't go back and add this after the fact.
  5. You must have a minimum of 25 qualifying referrals to be eligible for the prizes.
Payment:
Payment will be sent via PayPal or check delivered from Gavist Media LLC.

Zephy 01-29-2009 10:30 PM

Oh, this should be an interesting event. Good luck everyone.

Ravn 01-29-2009 10:33 PM

So whoever has the most referrals on their profile page shows you who the winners will be? If this is the case, how do you tell if the old referrals don't count?

FlamesBlader 01-29-2009 10:34 PM

Nice event! Referrals, referrals, time to find them.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravn (Post 693137)
So whoever has the most referrals on their profile page shows you who the winners will be? If this is the case, how do you tell if the old referrals don't count?

Yeah, i was thinking about that as well.

NoeJeko 01-29-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravn (Post 693137)

I have the ability to check referrals within a certain timeframe. I wouldn't run an event I had no way to check on .__.

Goldie 01-29-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko
If you post on other forums/blogs - please respect the rules of the other community. We don't tolerate spam here and we won't tolerate our users spamming. If I receive complaints you may be disqualified.

Awwwwwwwwwww

Well GL to everyone I'm going to post on MT Lol >.>

Ravn 01-29-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 693140)
I have the ability to check referrals within a certain timeframe. I wouldn't run an event I had no way to check on .__.

I figured. o.e= A li'l fidelity is good, though.

You really are godlike on these forums. Hearing all and seeing all (when ya want to). x3

Kotarou 01-29-2009 10:44 PM

Alright, good luck everyone!

...Now where to find referrals... :py01:

MisterEff 01-29-2009 11:46 PM

time to make all my buddies sign up or blackmail the hell out of them..... you can make that 50 dorra check payable to cash(for this is my nickname) tyvm....

Tecca 01-29-2009 11:58 PM

I could get a bunch of people to sign up, but seeing as how most of 'em aren't even MMO players, it wouldn't really be fair (they're pretty big on forums though).

In any case, good luck to everyone that participates.

Jon 01-30-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecca (Post 693211)
I could get a bunch of people to sign up, but seeing as how most of 'em aren't even MMO players, it wouldn't really be fair (they're pretty big on forums though).

In any case, good luck to everyone that participates.

MMOG isn't just about MMORPGs, there's many other categories and forums. Still, they might find some MMORPGs interesting.

khyle 01-30-2009 12:14 AM

^ posting in écchi social group counts as fun ;D

antonie 01-30-2009 12:38 AM

lol wth?? anyway i think we only can drag people from the game to here X.X

GrayMatter 01-30-2009 02:50 AM

imma ask my fellow guild mates who haven't join to join here.

Ken 01-30-2009 03:42 AM

i haven't done these be4, so how do u check if a person mulitiple ided?o.O

TehAwesomo 01-30-2009 08:06 AM

I probably won't even get close to winning so I'll step out of this one, good luck to everyone!

Zegridathes 01-30-2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehAwesomo (Post 693504)
I probably won't even get close to winning so I'll step out of this one, good luck to everyone!

It's not about winning, that's just gravy. It's about building the community as a community.

TehAwesomo 01-30-2009 08:18 AM

ah ur right, ah well Idc if I get referred or not I got 3 people to join at least lol.

Red 01-30-2009 09:03 AM

Good luck to everyone!

I am not giving up that $$ without a fight.

NoeJeko 01-30-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valtiel (Post 693217)
MMOG isn't just about MMORPGs, there's many other categories and forums. Still, they might find some MMORPGs interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zegridathes (Post 693517)
It's not about winning, that's just gravy. It's about building the community as a community.

QFT.

Sure, the prize money is nice and there are some that wouldn't participate if we weren't giving it away - but there are a lot of us that actively try to build the community just because we care about it and want to see it grow.

You know, MT became such a phenomenon because for the first like 3 months in closed/open beta - people advertised MT EVERYWHERE in game. Sadly, a lot of those strong community members were lost in transition or have moved on from gaming but people truly loved the community and wanted to see it thrive and grow.

When we first started MMOG we tried a referral event and it didn't work out too well - but that's because we didn't have that large a community. Still, of those referrals, over 50% stayed and at least 40% of them have post counts >= 1,000. That was off a small active member count of about 300.

Now, if we take today's numbers - we have 1,900 active members. If everyone invites 5 people - that's 11,400 active members. With this many members you can be sure we'd be able to get the resources we needed to cover more games, add more features, and better manage the sections we have.

+5 for ever 1 is wishful thinking, I know.. but imagine if half of you only invited 1 person. That's still an additional 1,000 people contributing their creativity, knowledge, conversation, and presence.