LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-09-2008   #21 (permalink)
1)(verb) - to fail.
Awards SotW Beginner

Sephie will become famous soon enough
IGN: Flanoir
Class: Dacy

Senpai vs OrangeJuice:
Both are really nice, but I'll have to go with OrangeJuice's. I just love how it looks, it's so cute. /mainlyinlovewiththelightbulb

Kon vs Anonymous:
Both are appealing to me, but I'm going with Kon's. I love the colours and the pixelized areas~ It's more 'nature-like' to me o-o

Lunia Content Manager

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-09-2008   #22 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

Orangejuice: idk, I just felt more of a clean feel, I lub both though

k0n: The serene view mixed with the asian taste was very matching and calm

tumblr / instagram

11-09-2008   #23 (permalink)
<3
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Vaizado will become famous soon enough
IGN: Vaiki

k0n's sig changes colors every 10 seconds o shi

11-09-2008   #24 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

Senpai VS OrangeJuice
Theme: Must demonstrate 'Robots'
Style: Soft / Dreamy

The robot looks cool. A lightbulb with arms and legs. What can beat that?

k0n VS 'Anonymous'
Theme: Must demonstrate 'Nature'
Style: Beauty

Light Gradient for the color = Win in my book. Hands down the Sky and the water win this sig.

11-09-2008   #25 (permalink)
yup

TheCosmicLion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to TheCosmicLion Send a message via Yahoo to TheCosmicLion

I love Senpai and Kon's work :] Good Job!

11-10-2008   #26 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

ShunWolfkin is on a distinguished road

*Does a little dance* Yay! this one has two good bouts(though I think Kenjii just blew the competition out of the water. That would be one tough signature to top!).

Senpai VS OrangeJuice

Theme: Robots

In the theme category they both obviously utilize robots. However, I feel OrangeJuice's utilization of robots is more original than Senpai's. As such I feel OrangeJuice has the advantage in theme.

When it comes to the chosen style Senpai is very clear with the soft and dreamy look. It certainly has the surreal down pat. Once again OrangeJuice appears to attempt to take the unique approach here. I do feel it successfully conveys a Dream-like scene, however, despite my usual preference to unique approaches I must say that Senpai has a slight advantage here. Sometimes there things to be said about sticking to the old-fashioned approach when trying to fit a particular style or theme.

While I usually don't compare text all that often, here I actually have a clear preference. Senpai is once again utilize the traditional approach. Simple, yet relevant and additive to the signature. In contrast OrangeJuice utilizes more text and uses a very plain font. The font looks much like standard computer fonts. Which if you think about it is quite fitting for a robotic themed signature(though I still think their could have been some better choices if one looks far enough). In text design I really don't think there is a clear advantage. However, when it comes to what the text reads I think OrangeJuice has the advantage. Both texts fit their signatures, but I feel OrangeJuice took it a step further, which I much like.

When it comes to artistic merit both signatures are beautiful. Truthfully, I have a hard time picking between them here. However, when I looked at them as a whole, my first pick would have been Senpai's. However, upon further inspection I found that OrangeJuice's signature is one of those that grows on you the deeper you look.

In the end after looking at both of them extensively I feel OrangeJuice has the upper-hand. Though, obviously this may be in part due to personal preferences.

OrangeJuice

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

k0n VS 'Anynoymous'
Theme: Nature
Style: Beauty

When it comes to comparing the Theme here it gets a bit tricky for me. Nature isn't exactly hard to portray. However, in this case I will give the advantage to k0n. Nature is by its very nature(wow, that just sounds weird) quite diverse. k0n's signature does a better job of displaying this diversity in my opinion.

Beauty is another exceptionally subjective term. In this case I don't really think either truly outdoes the other. But then again I have been told I am not good at 'discerning' beauty.

When it comes to font integration I feel k0n once again has the advantage. The font just flows better with the signature in my opinion. Since neither text is particularly special in reading to me I don't think either have an advantage in that area.

Once again I don't think either have an advantage on artistic value. And like OrangeJuice I think k0n's signature is one of those that becomes 'clearer' the more closely you look at it.

k0n

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-10-2008   #27 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Senpai - OrangeJuice
Theme: Must demonstrate 'Robots'
Alright, I have been deciding this for a long time and I actually came to a verdict (I was about to not even post, lol). Both have almost equal quantity of traits which make them decent and appealing. I was very undeceive about this due to the fact that they almost have different compositions (expect for the fact that they both used "missions"). They both look great and left my undecided so, I'm judging based on which follows the theme better:

Robots: Both won at this point. There was a visual robot and I can see both of them with ease.

Dreamy: To me, a dream is something that's happening but it isn't real. The laws of nature, logic and physics don't need to apply. Senpai has robots on the streets while a man is at the background. OrangeJuice had a lightbulb robot trying to plug itself. There could be many interpetations for this if I were to go through it methodically, but both won it here.

Soft: Here is where I differeniate from the two. When I see something soft, I think of smooth, gental surfaces erracticating with a glow, or areas where you see vivid boundaries come to a blurry intersection. OrangeJuice displayed softness around the lightbulb and around the left and right side. Senpai's sig had a lot of blur in the background and focus on the sig. Although too much softness can make it hard for your image to be visually seen, the softness displayed in Senpai's sig created an even more dreamy effect as in TV shows and some real dreams which gave the extra boost in the dream theme.

By a short margin of differences, I vote Senpai for this round.

---

Thanks for the comments (good and bad) everyone~

Last edited by k0n; 11-10-2008 at 01:07 PM.

11-12-2008   #28 (permalink)
Pure Nostalgia
Awards Retired Forum Management

sunchip will become famous soon enoughsunchip will become famous soon enough

sorry for delaying this, i am absolutely swamped at the moment, but i'll be accumulating the points today and the tournament will continue towards even close to the end ^^

if anyone has time to accumulate points for me - this round only, please do so, thank you

11-12-2008   #29 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

GST- 3rd Round Voting - RESULTS

Senpai: 29 Poll, 10 Post, Total of 129 Points
  1. k0n
  2. Kir
  3. Logicks
  4. Sanichi
  5. JC
  6. Vaizado
  7. Chesters
  8. Kawaii
  9. Bob
  10. Luciane

OJ: 23 Poll, 7 Post, Total of 93 Points
  1. Shun
  2. Fuzz
  3. xKakashi
  4. Sephie
  5. Miyuki
  6. Pwnage
  7. Yume

k0n: 47 Poll, 16 Post, Total of 207 Points

1. Chesters
  2. Shun
  3. Kir
  4. bob
  5. Fuzz
  6. xKakashi
  7. Sephie
  8. Rhikiri
  9. Miyuki
  10. Sanichi
  11. Yume
  12. OJ
  13. 007
  14. Kawaii
  15. JC
  16. Vaizado

Anonymous: 17 Poll, 3 Post, Total of 47 Points

1. Kooki
  2. DukeDevlin
  3. Pwnage

That should be an accurate number, someone can double check if they want.

EDIT: Updated with names to make it easier to track the scoring

Unique Voters: 22
Event Posts: 3
Discussion: 5
----------------------------
Total: 30
Posts in thread: 30

Those should be accurate now.

EDIT5792345634: Everything was just triple checked.

Last edited by Fuzzy; 11-12-2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Reason for Editing: Reason for Editing: Reason for Editing:

11-13-2008   #30 (permalink)
Pure Nostalgia

thanks fuzz champ

11-13-2008   #31 (permalink)
swiggity swoogity
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

Since we're entering into semi-finals now, is it possible to have an extension to the amount of days we have to complete the signature? (assuming that the themes will get more difficult)

Lol, my real reason for asking this is because I'm going on a weekend vacation (Fri, Sat, Sun) and I think that if the deadline was still the same 3 days, then I would probably miss out and not be able to do my sig. ;__;

11-13-2008   #32 (permalink)
Pure Nostalgia

all current participants received further update of this event

for the rest of the community, this will go on hold for a little bit, we'll continue this in a few days time, thanks for your support so far, the hardest rounds are still ahead