Bob 48 59.26%
Jono 19 23.46%
k0n 54 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-24-2008   #21 (permalink)
-
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

OrangeJuice will become famous soon enoughOrangeJuice will become famous soon enough

Senpai
This is probably my FAVOURITE siggy out of the whole first round!
I don't know where to start - I like the image, I like the colours, I like the textures, I like the font & text, I like the style: I LOVE this siggy.

I enjoy how the colours of the buildings blend together and act as one, like a city. The rainbow sky adds a brightness to the siggy. The pencil-y buildings adds a nice grungey feel and a "my neighbourhood!" kind of sense - as opposed to a modern, straight-cut, box-y city. Very, very good.

Vaizado

I love the dynamics of this siggy: the robot (?) really follows and leads the movement of the siggy. I like how there is a strong focal point around the robot and that the fairy dust enhances this focal. The black also makes the other parts of the siggy pop out at you. Nice job!

Haiko
I love the sharpness of the siggy - even though the text says "dreaming" which is something more soft & blurry - it adds to the intensity and a more "in-the-dream" feel, not a "just dreaming" feel. The colours go well with each other and overall has a POW-ness effect. Pretty!

Bob
Good job to both of you: your guys' siggys were the hardest to choose between! I chose Bob in the end though and this is why:
The simpliCITY adds to the futuristic style nicely and also makes the siggy very eye-apealing. I like how the image is undefined because the future is uncertain. I like how you can interpt the spiral as both spiraling inwards and outwards. Inwards like the future delving deeper into knowledge,ect. Outwards like the future accelerating foward. Cool.

Jono
I love the creativity and iniative in this siggy. I really like the image fusion of a laptop and the "O dude"! It is what it is, and it's good. A suggestion for next time is to make the siggy more sized to this forum since it is bigger than our forum's siggy size restrictions. Other than that - can't wait to see what you think of next!
- - - - -
Chesters, it would have been fun to compete with you and I'm sorry that the deadline didn't work out for you. Hopefully I'll get to see your work in future events

Good job to everyone on their siggys!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-24-2008   #22 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

ShunWolfkin is on a distinguished road

Luciane VS Senpai
Theme: Green
Style: Grunge

In terms of raw 'technique'/'artistic value', or at least my perceptions of such, I must say Lucaine has the advantage. It catches the eye quickly without being overwhelming. And is just overall very well done. Lucaine also clearly displays both the theme and the style. However, I will admit I am not fond of the way the lightning was done. It feels like it had much less effort than the rest of the signature, and thus feels off.

On the other hand Senpai goes with the less fan appeal approach. It does not grab the eye as clearly and it presents itself as a bit more 'overwhelming'. In a way this is good. Senpai shows just what can be done with grunge. Compared to Lucaine, Senpai has the stronger use of grunge. And or course green is still a present theme.

Overall this is a tough matchup in my eyes. Both clearly meet the requirements and both clearly are well done. But in the end only one can emerge, and for me Lucaine's is better pleasing to the eyes.

LUCAINE
-----------------------------------------------------

Glarbage VS HolyAbyssal
Theme: Graffiti
Style: Vector/Cell Shading

No offense meant to HolyAbyssal here, but the results are obvious. This is about as much of a onesided match as mine versus Rhikiri.

The points fall as follows. Glarbage was more creative with the use of the theme and style. Glarbage more clearly gets the style across while not 'shoving' it in the face of the viewer and is just overall better artistically(as far as I can see).

GLARBAGE

Vaizado VS Shnao
Theme: Orange
Style: Fairy Dust/Fantasy

In my eyes this is another matchup that is more or less one sided.
Shnao more clearly utilizes the theme/style and better utilizes the space within his signature.

Overall Shnao's appears to be the better entry in both theme/style and artistic merit.

SHNAO

Haiko VS Kudaranai
Theme: Anime
Style: NA

This is another of those tough matchups in which the participants go in drastically different directions(such as Lucaine and Senpai).

Haiko has a strong attention grabbing graphics with well done lightning effects and strong background. However, the text is strainful on the eyes(I think it read Dreaming with you.... but I can't be sure). Overall a strong entry that my only real complaint with is the text. Of course the style is similar to that which you see 'everywhere'. But as long as the signature is well done all that subtracts from is overall eyecatch.

Kuda went with a simple approach. In its own way it grabs and holds one's attention. And since it is simple the text is clearer. Overall, my main gripe with Kuda's is that it just seems a bit bland. There is nothing negative with it... but it doesn't really do anything special either. That isn't really a bad thing, but it makes the final choice between these two harder. Had Kuda's done something special it would have been a clear choice.

And this comment is a bit off topic, but it is kinda surprising to me that they used similar color schemes despite having free reign in that regards. I keep thinking that they were required to use a purple/blue color scheme in this one.

In the end I, while torn between the two, I will simply go with the one's who style is more appreciated in my eyes. You all can probably guess which one that is.

HAIKO

WhatThePhuc VS Bob
Theme: Black and White
Style: Futuristic

Once again both are well done and strike out in different styles.

WhatThePhuc probably has the more eye-catching signature. However, it is one of those that is overwhelming. Between the contrast and the 'busy' feel to the signature... well in this case I feel those traits are actually subtracting from the overall strength of the signature.

Bob's is less eyecatching but also avoids the pitfall that WhatThePhuc feel into. In addition while he has 'empty' space this space actually doesn't subtract from the overall feel of the signature(though I still think the space could have been better utilized).

When it comes to the use of the theme. Well I doubt anyone will claim they didn't both use Black and White. However, style is where it is at. My idea of Futuristic may differ from others. However, I think Bob does a better job of portraying that style.

In this regards upon retrospection I would believe that Bob has the upper hand by just a bit.

BOB

Jono VS k0n
Theme: MMOG
Style: Web 2.0/Shiny Glossy

Jono has a clean and crisp signature. However, I feel he failed in properly utilizing the space he had available. On the other hand k0n made very good use of the space inside his signature. The upper hand here goes to k0n

However, k0n isn't free from fault either. His signature is of the more complex variety, but I feel he failed to catch Web 2.0 style. Though he does deal with Shiny Glossy fairly well. In turn Jono has both a glossy feel and the web 2.0 feel. Here I think Jono just slightly edges out k0n.

Both match the theme, though Jono was clearer about it. However, I don't think either gained a real advantage here.

As a signature/banner I believe k0n's works much better. And in the end k0n has the upper hand.

k0n

Me VS Rhikiri
Theme: Picture/Purple
Style: Photomanip

I may not be able to vote here but I can still comment.

As I alluded to in previous comments this should be fairly one-sided. Simply put I failed to create a focused entry in any regards. Basically I forgot the number one rule of photo-manipulation; whereas Rhikiri hit that rule very well.

This rule is that the simplest of changes often have the largest effects. I got too caught up in 'setting it apart' whereas Rhikiri managed to hold the focus together. That and I just love signatures that don't conform to a set shape .

Good Job Rhikiri

10-24-2008   #23 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

My vote goes for who's sig it is (or the darker name out of the 2). Also, same 7 that I voted for in the poll.

Luciane VS Senpai

Theme: Must use the color 'Green'

I simply thought this would look better as a sig than the other one.

Glarbage VS HolyAbyssal
Theme: Must demonstrate 'Grafitti Art'
Style: Vector / Cell Shading

Looked more like "graffiti" since it had the brick wall. The coloring looks like it took more time than a paint splatter.

Vaizado VS Shnao
Theme: Must use the color 'Orange'
Style: Fairy Dust / Fantasy

I saw this as more "fairy/fantasy" than Samus. I like the design on the left and how it blends with the Fairy's surroundings.

Haiko VS Kudaranai
Theme: Must demonstrate characters from any 'Anime'
Style: N/A

I'd see myself using this sig over Kuda's because I like the more realistic games/anime rather than the cutesy/bubbles animes.

ShunWolfkin VS Rhikiri
Theme: Must use this stock photo HERE and the color must be based around purple
Style: Photo-Manipulation

I didn't really understand what Shun was trying to do. I like the "darker feeling" images as well ass like gradients and water. I have some weird liking for water in images.

WhatThePhuc VS Bob
Theme: Must demonstrate the image to be 'Black and White'

The 9001 AD was a turn off since it was "too futuristic." When I think of futuristic, I think of anywhere from 2100-2500. The 3010 was more plausible than the 9001 AD, which was most likely a last ditch effort to get support, doesn't make the image any better though.

Jono VS k0n
Theme: Must demonstrate MMOG in some way
Style: Web 2.0 / Shiny and Glossy

Jono's is too high for here, not on some forums. However, I liked the design of k0ns better (see Shun VS Rhikiri for the reason)

Last edited by Fuzzy; 10-24-2008 at 11:59 PM.

10-25-2008   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Luciane will become famous soon enoughLuciane will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Luciane Send a message via AIM to Luciane Send a message via Yahoo to Luciane Send a message via Skype™ to Luciane

*copies ShunWolfkin*

Of course I won't vote in my own battle but I like what you did Senpai ^^
But it seems to me that you had also a hard time with the grunge :P
I like had no idea what to do, lol.

Glarbage VS HolyAbyssal

I like Glarbage signature because in my eyes it fits the theme and style better because HolyAbyssal's sig is so messy. It doesn't feel comfortable when I look at HolyAbyssal's signature.

Glarbage

Vaizado VS Shnao

Shnao fits the theme and style in my eyes far better than Vaizado. I really get a Fantasy feel with his sig and everything is done in orange :P

Shnao

Haiko VS Kudaranai

OH MAN YOU TWO MAKE IT HARD. I totally adore Haiko's sig and that got my attention first. But Kuda's sig is so cute and adorable and I love it too.
Of course they both fit the theme so it's just a matter of picking.. I will pick this later Q_Q

UNDECIDED
CAN I VOTE FOR BOTH? Q_Q I love them both.. =[

ShunWolfkin VS Rhikiri

ShunWolfkin manipulated the picture more so he has that advantage, but overall Rhikiri signature looks nicer. It grabs your attention quick and it actually holds your attention - while being really calm. I love it.

Rhikiri

WhatThePhuc VS Bob

Okay, both did the theme right black and white right, that's obvious. WhatThePhuc has a busy signature that grabs your eyes when you look over it but I'm personally not fond of very busy signatures. Bob keeps it plain and simple, and even without using all the space the sig seems overall well done.
I don't really have an opinion on which maches the style more but I just like Bob's sig more.

Bob

Jono VS k0n

This is hard. Both demonstrated MMOG in a way and while k0n used his available space more he failed a bit on the web 2.0 style - and while Jono didn't fail on the Web 2.0 style, he didn't use his space properly. Both used the shiny and glossy.
I'm now looking from the point that it's a signature contest and Jono's could put somewhere on the website easily - but not as a signature. That's why k0n gets my vote.

k0n

Sorry for the ones I didn't vote for Q_Q I wish I could give you all 40 points =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShunWolfkin
However, I will admit I am not fond of the way the lightning was done. It feels like it had much less effort than the rest of the signature, and thus feels off.
NO WAY!! Lol
It may seem like that but I'm not that good at lighting because I didn't practise much with it yet.. I did spend hours on it to make it fit to my liking Dx
Just making that clear :P I can't change your opinion about it, but I can clear up what I did with it ^^ Lighting doesn't like me and I don't like lighting either - though I still have to use it while we don't get along *yay* =]

Thank you so much k0n <3

Last edited by Luciane; 10-25-2008 at 05:35 AM.

10-25-2008   #25 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

Bob
Her captured my attention,its clean and to the point.

10-25-2008   #26 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves

Lol, i'm just a beginner anyways so i didn't expect to beat glarbage but i think i could do better :O.
anyways here are my votes

Luciane VS Senpai
i like the lighting in this siggy, it makes it stand out more :O

Luciane

Glarbage VS HolyAbyssal
I think i didn't but enough effort into mine and i can't really ue GIMP that well yet , i like glarbage's more anyways :O

Glarbage

Chesters VS OrangeJuice
Theme: Must demonstrate 'Ancient Civilization'

Chesters is dis-qualified for failing to submit an entry. OrangeJuice automatically goes through to 2nd Round.

Vaizado VS Shnao
Fairies FTW

Shnao

Epic VS Kenjii
Theme: Must demonstrate and emphasize the word 'Vagrant'
Style: Typography / Text

Epic is dis-qualified for failing to submit an entry. Kenjii automatically goes through to 2nd Round.

Haiko VS Kudaranai
the anime/chibiness stands out and it looks neat with all the colors

Kuradinai

ShunWolfkin VS Rhikiri
it looks more like image manupliation and i like the colors

Rhikiri

WhatThePhuc VS Bob
ivote for Phuc's because i like like all chaos in a siggy lol

WhatthePhuc

Jono VS k0n

I like k0n's better becuase the graphics look neat and to me it fells more like MMOG

K0n

__________________________________________________ ______

Last edited by HolyAbyssal; 10-25-2008 at 08:17 AM.

10-25-2008   #27 (permalink)
nii
/gg FTW! Addict

nii is on a distinguished road
IGN: xWitch
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchip
Luciane VS Senpai

I will vote for Senpai, nice colors and well done signature for a semi mono-color signature.

Glarbage VS HolyAbyssal

No way, Glarbage wins here. But to be honest it's one of him most worse work.

Chesters VS OrangeJuice
Theme: Must demonstrate 'Ancient Civilization'

Chesters is dis-qualified for failing to submit an entry. OrangeJuice automatically goes through to 2nd Round.

Err...

Vaizado VS Shnao

Shnao FOR SURE! Nice color-match. Awesome and cute Fairy, I loved the effects.

Epic VS Kenjii
Theme: Must demonstrate and emphasize the word 'Vagrant'
Style: Typography / Text

Epic is dis-qualified for failing to submit an entry. Kenjii automatically goes through to 2nd Round.

Errē...

Haiko VS Kudaranai

Haiko wins here. Nice entry both of you, but Kuda's sig is just too simple. ._.;

Hint to Haiko: Next time use a better typo.

ShunWolfkin VS Rhikiri

Photo-Manipulations is always hard, but honestly I don't like both of entrys, but the second one sounds better than the first.

WhatThePhuc VS Bob

Bob please! 8D
Awesome organization at the signature. I loved.

Jono VS k0n

Nice entry, I lol'ed at this notebook. I want one! <333
Votes and reasons in poll/post. <3

/gallery . /wiki . /#mymmo . /gfxsection.................................................. .................
xWitch - Level 230 - Dark Witch . Nayami - Level 41 - Eir. Niwa - Level 56 - Lire..........................

10-25-2008   #28 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalePerfect WorldRunescape
Awards Retired Division Head

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold

Sempai
Better use of the color green, grunge style is much more effective, and overall composition is better.

Glarbage
It just looks better.

Shnao
Though the tones of the signature could have been better (the whole thing basically looks white and one shade of orange), I like the composition better. It`s more eye appealing, though the contrast in Vai`s sig almost won me over.

Haiko
Both signatures were done really well, but Haiko just seems more visually appealing. I think it`s the use of color and deep contrast.

Jono
Though Jono`s sig is huge, nothing in the rules stated size restrictions, so it being big should have nothing to do with the voting. I choose Jono`s because of the extremely clever idea and it`s just visually appealing overall. The way MMOG was demonstrated is very clear and the web 2.0 style is also clearer.

10-25-2008   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Retired Forum Management

sunchip will become famous soon enoughsunchip will become famous soon enough

haiko and kuda are on the same amount of poll vote points, that's tight =O

Andrew Sun | Premier Wedding Photographer
http://www.andrewsunphotography.com

10-25-2008   #30 (permalink)
stole your

Haiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the rough

/glares at Kuda and blames Noe

Why so difficuuuult? Q___Q
Nervousnervous :<

amagictrick l
l click to: my art thread

10-25-2008   #31 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Formal Protest, That's a fake anime!!!!

/I keed.

10-25-2008   #32 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

Senpai - More Clean and I love the style
Glarbage - More clean D: and better cuts
Vaizado - Yay a bit over contrasted though
Haiko - Beautiful C4D use
Rhikiri - I didn't like either, but this one wins cause of pop up
Bob - Its overall better imo D:
Jono - Woot Mac~

10-25-2008   #33 (permalink)
stole your

Haiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the rough

stfu d00d
Kuda. Let's make this a bet.

THE LOSER HAS TO WEAR A SIG MADE BY THE OTHER WITH NO RESTRICTIONS FOR A WEEK. 8D.
/goes count his points again and edit his decision about Shnao's and Vai's

lol @ big bang theory reference @ your post

Edit: btw, I didn't mean to skip the forum rules by saying no restrictions ;-;

amagictrick l
l click to: my art thread

Last edited by Haiko; 10-25-2008 at 09:21 PM.

10-25-2008   #34 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

Lol no offense to Kuda
Hai everyone 8D
Hmm kuda and haiko are tied

10-25-2008   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Symphonica has a spectacular aura aboutSymphonica has a spectacular aura about
Class: Symphonica
Level: Symphonica
Guild: Symphonica

I picked Kuda's Shugo because of how well it was executed overall.

I don't need much say to the rest of the contender, right :3 ?

10-25-2008   #36 (permalink)
why so serious?
Special

BatgirlZKE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BatgirlZKE Send a message via MSN to BatgirlZKE Send a message via Yahoo to BatgirlZKE
IGN: SelenaKyle
Class: Cat (Charm) to_entertainer
Level: 123
Guild: Pantsu

Luciane: I really like the green and the rose
HolyAbyssal: Honestly, cuz I love Donald Duck. I have ever since I was a baby
Shnao: Fantastically orange and I like the 'fairy dust'
Kudaranai: Very cute and I like the size/rounded edges.
Rhikiri: I like the purple sky
WhatThePhuc: There's a lot going on there but it appeals to me
Jono: O dude turned into a 'puter! Very cute

***Visit G0tham City!*Population*Industry*Transportation***

10-26-2008   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

the 2 automatic winners (OrangeJuice and Kenjii) will get their points based on the 'average' of total points accumulated by everyone and this includes both the poll points and manual text points

also, because of dis-qualifications with their opponents which is the most unfortunate outcome, OrangeJuice and Kenjii will get 1.5x the worth of poll points on 2nd round voting. That means 1 poll vote = 1.5 points, this is compensation for their efforts so that it wasn't wasted but rather worked in their favor

10-27-2008   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

voting is over, thanks everyone

i will be accumulating all the points today or if someone can help me do it, that would be splendid

nevertheless, round 02 will be prepared

10-27-2008   #39 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Luciane - 30+50 = 80
Senpai - 41+90 = 131

Glarbage - 54+150 = 204 (excluded HolyAbyssal's vote)
HolyAbyssal - 10+10 =20

Vaizado - 27+40 = 67
Shnao - 42+80 =122

Haiko - 33+90 = 123
Kudaranai - 40+60 = 100 (it's okay that people voted for the fake anime, Kuda still loves you)

ShunWolfkin - 9+10 = 19
Rhikiri - 53+130 = 183

WhatThePhuc - 23+50 = 73
Bob - 48+130 = 178

Jono - 19+60 = 79
k0n - 54+110 = 164

10-27-2008   #40 (permalink)
Don't ask

Kenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the rough

Looks like I'm up against Haiko next.

oh god