Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

View Poll Results: Please Vote for The Best Guide
<STEPMANIA>'s mana ring + storm guide 2 8.70%
STEP's Guide to ID3 3 13.04%
Eir's Ultimate Guide to PvP: Official Library III. Version 1.2 (6/17/08) - Eerie Eir 0 0%
An Introduction to Eir's Choice Stats 1 4.35%
[Guide] How to recharge your Cherry Credits 0 0%
A`P's Foxypedia 1 4.35%
Oops Wharf Key Quest Guide 0 0%
Ghost Blue Key Quest Guide 0 0%
Recharge Guide 0 0%
How to become a Pharaoh 0 0%
EVENT: Lycan's Wish 0 0%
Mabinogi Generation 1 Quest Walkthrough 1 4.35%
Mabinogi Generation 2 Quest Walkthrough 1 4.35%
MapleStory Cleric/Fire Wizard Guide 1 4.35%
Gunner Fox Guide 0 0%
Thistle's Tips on How NOT to Be a Noob 3 13.04%
Suzakuís Tips and Tricks to Fighting Giovanni v0.3 8 34.78%
Suzakuís Guide to a DP Magic Type v0.5 0 0%
Cait's Fantasia Price Guide 0 0%
Cait's Card Combo Guide 0 0%
Cait's Screen Resolution and Chat Bar Guide 0 0%
Cait's Bunny Guide... of d00m 0 0%
Cait's Walkthrough to Trickster 0 0%
The Ultimate Power Type Guide 1 4.35%
BlackWind's Various Tips and Tricks 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-25-2008   #1 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki
Default Calling All Guide Authors!

Calling Guide Authors!
June 25, 2008 - July 11, 2008

To cut to the chase, we're looking for guides. Many of you have written guides in the past for other communities and unfortunately couldn't salvage them. I've had many questions to whether or not we'll have a VIP group. Yes, and this is one of the ways to get into it**!

How to enter? Write two guides on any topic in any game! Your guides will then be voted upon by the staff and community. The top winner will receive a $20 Cash Shop/PayPal gift from MyMMOGames (we're a bit broke at the moment =[ ) but everyone that writes two guides will be known as a VIP for helping develop the community!

We're looking for more guides than just Trickster Online guides! We're currently featuring 5 MMOs in our Games sections, so be daring! Write a guide outside Trickster Online! (although some TO guides would be good too =) You don't have to stop at 2, the more you write the better your chances of being the top guide and winning the $20 gift!

Want to write a guide but not sure how to? Check my Guide to Guides. It gives you some tips on creating a credible, informational guide that will help your fellow MyMMO'ers!

Also, all guides written are subject to staff approval. Please put some effort into this; writing a BS guide for the sake of entering this event will lead to disqualification. We realize English isn't everyone's first language so this will not be held against you.

**The other way to be a VIP is to help with the wiki and we'll start these promotions very soon

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-25-2008   #2 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

:/

This is going to suck... all my Trickster guides are so outdated D:

06-25-2008   #3 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

That's another reason behind the event - the vast majority of MT guides were outdated due to the revo patch =]

k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

06-25-2008   #4 (permalink)
Vinyl Side Up

AurorasParadox has disabled reputation

Must we post a link to our guide here ?

06-25-2008   #5 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Yeah, so we can keep track of who's actually entered the event and it'll make it much easier when we compile it for voting. Collecting all the information from the email event was hell =[

06-25-2008   #6 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Guild: University of California, San Diego

http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/magi...orm-guide.html

http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/gene...t-coolems.html

06-25-2008   #7 (permalink)
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Solemn is on a distinguished road

My Eir's Ultimate Guide to PvP

An Introduction to Eir's Choice Stats

The link's also in my signature, but I guess I'll post it up. Do we have to make a new post for each guide we create, or can we edit them in?

Oh, and I wrote this PvP guide on May 27, and it was last updated on June 17. Would that count as an entry? Thanks!

EDIT (July 10): OH, GEEZ! LOL, I just realized I had submitted these two guides for the Guide Author thing. I just did some last-minute polishing on both guides that I promised to do long ago. :\ I'm sure it would've taken me less time if I remembered.

Last edited by Solemn; 07-10-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Edit.

06-25-2008   #8 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

You can edit them in and guides posted before this event do count. Step you can write a guide on DDR/Stepmania but it's not an MMO guide lol...

06-25-2008   #9 (permalink)
STEP

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute

aaaawwwwww lol...

06-25-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Awards Event Winner

Kohane is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kohane
Class: Bard, Shaman, Archeologist to_archaeologist

I can try to write a guide or two, but sometimes my english spelling and grammar AND such are a bit wrong.

06-25-2008   #11 (permalink)
Vinyl Side Up

AurorasParadox has disabled reputation

My first guide:
http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/gene...html#post22691
My second guide:
http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/sens...html#post28729

Last edited by AurorasParadox; 07-09-2008 at 07:21 AM.

06-26-2008   #12 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

I think newer ones are better :3

06-26-2008   #13 (permalink)
why so serious?
Special

BatgirlZKE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BatgirlZKE Send a message via MSN to BatgirlZKE Send a message via Yahoo to BatgirlZKE
IGN: SelenaKyle
Class: Cat (Charm) to_entertainer
Level: 123
Guild: Pantsu

Here are my guides (so far):

Oops Wharf Key Quest Guide

Ghost Blue Key Quest Guide

Recharge Guide

How to Become a Pharaoh

EVENT: Lycan's Wish

***Visit G0tham City!*Population*Industry*Transportation***

Last edited by BatgirlZKE; 07-07-2008 at 06:03 AM. Reason: added new guide

06-26-2008   #14 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Just a note for this event: Guides submitted must be original works. If your guide is migrated from MT and you're the author, it must be current - i.e. please don't just copy over a closed beta TO guide that hasn't been relevant in a year. =[

06-28-2008   #15 (permalink)
NUBCAKERY

Anchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Anchors Send a message via MSN to Anchors
IGN: 敖
Class: musical sociopath
Level: -1

What if it's just one huge guide that covers multiple topics?

I've been writing one for the past three days that is maybe a quarter or a third finished. It is currently 19 pages (although I have to admit that the contents section covers more than a full page on its own) in Word with one-inch margins and covers everything Magic in Trickster except for detailed PvP/GvG strategy and leveling spots.

I don't think I have it in me to write a second one of these. >.>
Hemathion, 4411 3:5:4::WT:HP:MA melee dark lord, 140/140

Anchors, 1414 MA priest, 244/250
Vadise, 1414 MA wind/earth soul master, 210/216
IreneAdler, 1414 MA fire/lightning soul master, 154/152

So, like, let's go look for the road and talk about our hair!
~CotAQ

06-28-2008   #16 (permalink)
STEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchors
What if it's just one huge guide that covers multiple topics?

I've been writing one for the past three days that is maybe a quarter or a third finished. It is currently 19 pages (although I have to admit that the contents section covers more than a full page on its own) in Word with one-inch margins and covers everything Magic in Trickster except for detailed PvP/GvG strategy and leveling spots.

I don't think I have it in me to write a second one of these. >.>
does it cover AP melee mages?

06-28-2008   #17 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

It's gotta be two. There's no way I can set a criteria that's fair for everyone as to "well this counts as two" and "this only counts as one". If the first one you're writing is massive, your second could be as simple as "how to change screen resolution in Trikcster". I think chickdigger accomplished that in a paragraph or two with a couple screenshots.

06-28-2008   #18 (permalink)
STEP

if it really does take that many pages, there's some ways you can divide it up
into separate categories, or even pages like "Anchor's Guide page 1", etc.
i doubt people would want to go through that many pages to find what they're looking for anyway o.O
eehhhh...maybe you can make each subsection a separate guide

06-28-2008   #19 (permalink)
NUBCAKERY

Anchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Anchors Send a message via MSN to Anchors
IGN: 敖
Class: musical sociopath
Level: -1

It does cover melee mages 8D and won't cover just AP.

I'll split it up, then, I guess... It'd probably be a pain to navigate as one huge guide anyway. No idea when it'll be done, though.
Hemathion, 4411 3:5:4::WT:HP:MA melee dark lord, 140/140

Anchors, 1414 MA priest, 244/250
Vadise, 1414 MA wind/earth soul master, 210/216
IreneAdler, 1414 MA fire/lightning soul master, 154/152

So, like, let's go look for the road and talk about our hair!
~CotAQ

06-28-2008   #20 (permalink)
Sexy Bish &lt;3
Special

SkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to behold

Ehm... I wrote my Gunz Online guide 2 days before this event opened. Does it still qualify?