ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Contests & Events (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/)
-   -   ggFTW Assassins #BETA (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/119171-ggftw-assassins-beta.html)

Shiki 12-02-2012 05:19 PM

ggFTW Assassins #BETA

Quote:

Prologue
The city of Mussar is a grand trade city within the world of Tzadi. The city is a neutral, independent state separate from the strife of the other kingdoms in the world; Tiferet of the east hemisphere and Emun in the west hemisphere. Mussar is always lively with commerce on a global proportion, with merchants coming in from Tzadi and Emun to exchange goods, perform auctions and with the hope of starting new businesses. Crime is often minimal, however Courtesan Manors as well as Thieves guilds do exist within the independant state. Organized crime lords however often lay low and execute their plots within the other Kingdoms rather than in their home of Mussar.

As of late, the Assassin's guild has been uneasy, as the head has recently fallen at the hands of another. Pandemonium within the inner circle commences, and now more and more killings are on the rise within the borders of Mussar.

Bounty hunters are flocking to the city with the rise of wanted posters and grand rewards for those who strike down the rogue killers, however more and more citizens are falling to the undiscriminating blade of the rogue Assassins. Healers as well are travelling to Mussar upon request of the city's monarch, Malik Sefirah. The healers have been a bit successful in saving those who are attacked by the Assassins, but with more and more attacks on the rise they struggle to keep up with the attacks.
You will assume one of the following roles, and complete the story with the choices available to you.

Assassin:
Night is when the Assassin strikes in stealth. Everyone is unable to have a peaceful night's sleep as no one knows who the assassins are after. Neither do they know how the Assassin strikes. There had been cases of lethal poisoning, stabbing and also smothering. No one knows if they were actually done by the Assassins, but is always assumed so.

Cleric:
As someone who has joined the clergy recently, your powers are limited. However, even with the limitations, the divine powers vested in you is powerful enough to provide anyone immunity from any assassination attempts. As such, the Citizens would always try to seek you, the Cleric, out to protect them.

Citizen:
Living in a constant state of fear and distrust due to the simple fact that anyone could be an assassin. Should anyone die at night, the next morning would always be filled with drama as everyone shares the latest gossips and suspicions about who the Assassin is. On the same day when noon strikes, every citizen would then vote who they think is the Assassin. No one knows how effective this is because everyone claims to be innocent, but they know that this is the only way to be safe.

How to play
  1. Sign up with Shikisaurus. Registration will close on 2359 PST, Friday, 7th December 2012.
  2. Players and roles would be chosen and assigned randomly, and a PM notification would be sent to you.
  3. PM Shikisaurus the next move you'll take accordingly to your roles.
  4. Watch the story unfold as the choices you make lead to a finale that makes either teams victorious.
Rules:
  1. Unless otherwise stated, do not reveal your roles at any time during the event. (This also applies even when you have lost the game)
  2. Only submit your votes on who to kill/save to the Event Manager, Shikisaurus.
Prizes:
Winners will receive a userbar according to the role they have assumed during the game.

Recurring winners will receive an additional 7 day Premium Membership

Shiki 12-02-2012 06:20 PM

STORY of ggFTW Assassins #1
Quote:

PROLOGUE
The city of Mussar is a grand trade city within the world of Tzadi. The city is a neutral, independent state separate from the strife of the other kingdoms in the world; Tiferet of the east hemisphere and Emun in the west hemisphere. Mussar is always lively with commerce on a global proportion, with merchants coming in from Tzadi and Emun to exchange goods, perform auctions and with the hope of starting new businesses. Crime is often minimal, however Courtesan Manors as well as Thieves guilds do exist within the independant state. Organized crime lords however often lay low and execute their plots within the other Kingdoms rather than in their home of Mussar.

As of late, the Assassin's guild has been uneasy, as the head has recently fallen at the hands of another. Pandemonium within the inner circle commences, and now more and more killings are on the rise within the borders of Mussar.

Bounty hunters are flocking to the city with the rise of wanted posters and grand rewards for those who strike down the rogue killers, however more and more citizens are falling to the undiscriminating blade of the rogue Assassins. Healers as well are travelling to Mussar upon request of the city's monarch, Malik Sefirah. The healers have been a bit successful in saving those who are attacked by the Assassins, but with more and more attacks on the rise they struggle to keep up with the attacks.
*** CAST ***
Mega = Matteo Arce
Dare = Paula Dima Abdul
Veloze = Vasu Iyer
Esper = Eoin Byrne
Care = Casper Albertsen
Jare = Jozefo Bello
Mirage = Miela Mingo
Vith = Volker Acker
MintyVampire = Mariette Labelle

Quote:

PART 1
At the chime of the grand clock in town, a group of citizens gather amongst themselves to speak to once another about rather pressing matters. Nearly a day ago, a major business man part of the underground organized crime ring, Sirius Saurio, had been murdered in his chambers by one of the many rampant assassins part of the now leaderless guild. The township has gathered a list of the top suspects, and gathered them to judge who it is they believe to be the killer. Those who are part of the group are a mixed group of foreigners, yet two natives also are suspected.

Matteo Arce shuffles uncomfortably where he stands, whereas Miela Mingo is rather calm, yet nervous of the whole situation. Casper Albertsen, woken from his slumber, yawns in confusion. Jozefo Bello is outraged that he of all people is included with the suspects, as Vasu Iyer tries to calm himself down by chanting some strange mantra of sorts. Mariette Labelle is busy whining about the heat to be focused on the current situation and Dima Abdul is visibly worried about having her store left unattended. Eoin Bryne and Volker Acker are the only two who seem truly calm at the moment...

"Alright, now let's get this underway," Bountyhunter chief, Daniella Montiel, shouts over the crowd and whatever batter is going on, "These are the suspects we have before us, and it is now time to weed through these people to see who are killer... Or killers, may be."
Quote:

PART 2
"... Alright, the consensus is in," Montiel looks up from the list in hand, "The one to be executed.. Is Matteo Arce."

Matteo gasps in shock, and steps up, "W-wait a moment, don't I get a trial!?"

"Well, there will be a brief one but the higher ups will probably lop off your head anyways," Montiel shrugged her shoulders, "... Sorry, but everyone has been judged, and you're the one to go..."

A group of bounty hunters approached Matteo and arrested him. Matteo doesn't resist, but instead looks to the citizens with a sorrowful expression, "... Though it is... Very saddening that I will die here, I only wish that you find the true killer soon..."

"Get a move on!" a bounty hunter demanded as he shoved Matteo towards the city courthouse.

The first suspect has been arrested and is to be executed tonight...
Quote:

PART 3

Over the course of the deathly still night, Matteo was executed painlessly. And now... May he rest in peace forevermore.

Oh midnight dance of silver and steel, show no mercy to he who lies beneath your blade. Strike without hesitation, and let the crimson dye the solemn moon in the clear night skies. A facade of calm breaks down into fear and desperation, soon melting into the seemingly emotionless bliss of death. Like the winds he came and now he is gone, leaving behind only the still corpse of Eoin Byrne.

The next day soon rolls in, and everyone is on edge at the discovery of Eoin Byrne's body. Mariette especially, who came to discover the body close to her doorstep. The citizens now desperately try to piece together just who the true killer may be from the remaining list of suspects.

But where was everyone last night? Montiel confronts the suspects once more...

"I was closing up my shop and cleaning up the herbs that were no longer fresh," Dima told Montiel, "Afterwards, I went home to eat dinner with my family."

Vasu piped, "I-I was attending prayer in the temple... After that, I went straight home and went to bed."

"What? Me? ugh... My head..." Casper groaned, "I was out, having a hell of a great time at the bar.. Checking out sexy over there." He gazed over at Miela with raised brows and a leacherous grin.

Miela couldn't help but flush, "W-what?... How improper, Mr. Albertsen...! Even now you are still...!"

Jozefo scratched the back of his head, "I went to bed at nine or so last night.. I'm a fishermen, so I have to wake up bright and early for the daily catch!"

"As for me, I was out of town," Volker stated calmly, "I had to get some oxen and other livestock for my butchershop. My family's farm is on the outskirts of town."

Mariette spoke last, "And I also went to sleep early... I had to wake up early this morning to tend to the fields on the outskirts of town, close to that farm."

Alibis set forth on the table, here is the list of actions from the prior night:

Dima was busy closing up shop and spending time with her family afterwards
Vasu Iyer was attending a late night prayer at one of the temples in town
Casper had been at the bar until late last night, and walked home at around 1am
Jozefo was asleep early last night, having went out earlier today to fish for catch to sell on the market
Miela was working as a hostess at the bar which Casper had attended
Volker was out of town, getting some livestock from his family farm to sell on the market in the morning
And Mariette also slept early to work out in the fields on the outskirts of town

So, who will be executed tonight?

Jon 12-02-2012 06:20 PM

This sounds interesting, but how exactly will it work? With our actions, can we do anything, or will be given a list of options from what we can choose from?

If the latter, I'll probably join. I'm not too creative. :P

Harlequin 12-02-2012 06:49 PM

I've already sent in my application :v

Draft 12-02-2012 06:50 PM

This seem really fun! Will the rules be like Mafia/Werewolf? If so I think I want to join too.

It be fun if we did this in Skype calls or something haha, but it will be too difficult. I kind of have a picture of how this gonna work. :py05:

Shiki 12-02-2012 07:35 PM

@Vith: You'll be given specific actions to act on!
@Snow: It's just like Mafia :)

Almora 12-02-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

On the same day when noon strikes, every citizen would then vote who they think is the Assassin. No one knows how effective this is because everyone claims to be innocent, but they know that this is the only way to be safe.
Omg that's so rood lol.
<insert Rihanna - Distrubia>

Tardar 12-03-2012 02:52 PM

l WANT IN ON THIS SO HARD. /applies

Mega 12-03-2012 02:57 PM

Well...sounds interesting so I'll at least try out the first one with you guys :)

Esper 12-03-2012 03:04 PM

Dino so bad at explaining to me. He said "Play." Jerk right here. Lols jaykay.

Already signed up the moment this thread appeared...just waiting to see how it works since I've never done anything like this.

Queen 12-03-2012 03:28 PM

Already applied :py13:

MintyVampire 12-03-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esper (Post 1787902)
Dino so bad at explaining to me. He said "Play." Jerk right here. Lols jaykay.

Already signed up the moment this thread appeared...just waiting to see how it works since I've never done anything like this.

^that and he is even more of a jerk to me. I signed up he said "NO"
I cried.

Shiki 12-03-2012 04:05 PM

Thanks for the overwhelming response!:') sign-ups are still open!

Revolution 12-05-2012 11:01 PM

applied. :P

Shiki 12-08-2012 10:45 PM

Hi guys! Thanks for the overwhelming responses for this sign up. Unfortunately, we only have 9 slots available per run of Assassins.

As such, here are some conditions that will take effect from the next run onwards.
  1. If there are more than 9 signups, the list of signups will be randomized and the first 9 names will be playing in the current round.
  2. Up to the next 9 on the list will gain priority for the next run. A PM will be sent to ask if you want to join the next round, before the signup thread for the next round opens.
I've randomized the list of signups using Random.org, and here are the results:
http://asset.100.ggftw.net/gallery/i...ndomized_1.png

As such, our players for this round are:
  1. Mega
  2. Dare
  3. Veloze
  4. Esper
  5. Care
  6. Jare
  7. Mirage
  8. Vith
  9. MintyVampire
You will be receiving a PM stating your roles and what you can do by today.

Let's begin ggFTW Assassins!

MintyVampire 12-08-2012 11:16 PM

Continue laughing at pie in this thread.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BoredomKillz 12-08-2012 11:17 PM

mega, dare, veloze, esper, care, jare, mirage, and vith.

if you kill minty first i will love you all forever qqqqqq

R 12-08-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikisaurus
  1. Mega
  2. Dare
  3. Veloze
  4. Esper
  5. Care
  6. Jare
  7. Mirage
  8. Vith
  9. MintyVampire

What a coincidence, my favorite number is 5.

Shiki 12-08-2012 11:19 PM

PMs have been sent to all the players informing you of your role and actions available. If you're unsure, send me a PM! I'll be asking for kill votes very soon ;).

P.S:
I know all your roles. This must be how the omnipresent feels daily.

/shot

Sandrie 12-08-2012 11:19 PM

;_;