ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Contests & Events (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/)
-   -   Get the Word Out - Take 2~! (http://ggftw.com/forum/contests-events/10615-get-word-out-take-2-a.html)

NoeJeko 09-21-2008 09:20 PM

Get the Word Out - Take 2~!

This is the second round of "Get the Word Out!" - an event held back in July. Now that LaTale has launched, there is an entire new game that will need a market, wiki, guides, and maybe a home for their guild.

That's where this event comes in! Until September 31st (lol jk, 30th), put a head notice, shout, whatever the game system allows up advertising MyMMOGames.net! We're striving to reach the LaTale community, but you're free to do this in any game MMOG covers (even if it's just one of our general games forums!). You're welcome to go to other forums as well, but ensure you post in compliance with their Terms of Service! If I get complaints you'll, at the very least, be disqualified from this event.

The person with the most advertisements wins. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by a random drawing. The winner will have their profile featured on the front page of MMOG for the entire month of October and will win the "Event Winner" banner:

http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/imag...winnericon.jpg

If you do this, we ask that you leave your advertisement up for a half-hour or so. Of course we won't know but hey, it's your community too! If the game doesn't allow for standing advertisements, then that's acceptable. Just post your screenshot here to be considered.

Under no circumstances are you to go to other forums, boards, or communities and spam advertisements as this will automatically disqualify you. We don't want people coming here and doing that, so please don't go other places and do that. If it's against the ToS for a particular game, please choose another.

Miyuki 09-21-2008 09:29 PM

Lol, a new challenge.
>D

NoeJeko 09-21-2008 09:30 PM

We're broke so I can't offer money - hopefully people will want the banner in their postbit =D ... or just to help us out ~_~

VindictaÖ 09-21-2008 09:33 PM

I'll chip in some effort, though in TO only (I dun play any other games featured in MMOG :py06:)

NoeJeko 09-21-2008 09:35 PM

TO still has a sizeable player base that doesn't know where we are - lol. I log on to blast MMOG links over the megaphone before maintenances and at random points in the week =P

RinaBrownKitty 09-21-2008 10:35 PM

So i just, make an advertisement? I can do that in LaTale in TO, nothing else really.

Tamiki 09-21-2008 10:45 PM

I'll try this when i hab free time, I'll be mostly on atlantic when OB opens on the 24th.

Rydia 09-21-2008 11:13 PM

I'll try to keep my mycamp up on Trickster with an advertisement. :3

Ethane 09-21-2008 11:46 PM

I went into highsec on Eve and found a bunch of newbie miners and told them to love MMOG or I'd blow them to smithereens and each of them obviously feigned ignorance so I wasted them and podded thier asses for good measure

Globalastro 09-21-2008 11:46 PM

I'd love to help, but with no computer now officially and no internet, i obviously cant take part in this event.....

What if i put signs up at work (blockbuster) when we put out the UGC, nexon, OGP, Gaia, etc cards and take a picture of that... would that work? (kinda being serious here lol)

Rusty 09-21-2008 11:59 PM

I'm not exactly sure on what we are supposed to do...

Just tell people to join MMOG?

And then what?

How would you determine a winner from that? @_@

Are we supposed to tell people to use our forum name as the referrer or something?

Ethane 09-22-2008 02:53 AM

Turkan > hey
Turkan > why r u targetng me :(
Ethane > have you heard of MMOG
Turkan > ??
Turkan > no
Ethane > The punishment for that is death
Ethane > hope you're insured
Turkan > ur a jerk

Poople 09-22-2008 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 163079)

Just tell people to join MMOG?

And then what?

How would you determine a winner from that? @_@

Are we supposed to tell people to use our forum name as the referrer or something?

i think we're supposed to advertise mmog and then take a screen shot of it

not sure

NoeJeko 09-22-2008 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 163079)

1. Advertise MMOG
2. Post a screenshot
3. ?????
4. Profit!

Zyklon▀ 09-22-2008 06:03 AM

Can I kill them while I'm advertising?

Globalastro 09-22-2008 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyklon▀ (Post 163264)
Can I kill them while I'm advertising?

now.. think about this one.... some jerk tels you 'hey, go to HTTP://blahblah.com' then kills you... would you think:

A) That might be a helpful site
B) what a jerk, thats probably a virus
or
C) Whh, site might be nice, but hat guys a douche so screw him and his site

DewaDewi 09-22-2008 06:48 AM

i used to advertise alot..before....in TO... if im training or opening a shop or not doing anything, i always put up a camp saying.. Mymmogames.net or something... or make my Shop name mymmo...etc... Incase you have seen me.. i always wear a penguin hat, i am a mage and my IGN is Shaizu

trying to do the same to LaTale.. somehow...

duelz 09-22-2008 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Globalastro (Post 163350)
now.. think about this one.... some jerk tels you 'hey, go to HTTP://blahblah.com' then kills you... would you think:

A) That might be a helpful site
B) what a jerk, thats probably a virus
or
C) Whh, site might be nice, but hat guys a douche so screw him and his site

lollolol i'll go for B

khyle 09-22-2008 07:38 AM

Join MMOGs or Die ? Q__Q
i'll put up /Microphone in Fantasia Megalo ;D

hueyple 09-22-2008 01:58 PM

oh cool
i'll try to advertise on
more than 1 game this time