ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Concerto Gate > Concerto Gate Questions & Answers

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-20-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Shazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Shazbot
IGN: Shazbot
Class: IM/LM/FM/CM/DS/Necro/Witch to_wizard
Level: 64/60/57/42/42/41/41
Guild: Itadakimasu
Default Some Questions...

Yeah I have some questions that need answering:

Question#1:
Is there a stat that affects Magic Casting Speed, like how DEX affects it in Ragnarok?

I was told that QUI increased casting speed, and tried it out, but I'm pretty sure the other person finished casting first because his agility was much greater than mine.

If QUI does affect the magic casting speed, which would be the better stat build choice as a sorcerer: QUI/MIND, or STR/MIND (seeing how STR gives Magic Attack, oddly).

Question#2:
We know that if you use a range attack vs. a melee enemy, the melee will not counter you, but what if you use a range attack against a ranged enemy? Will you get countered, or not?

If yes, will you get countered by a ranged monster if you use magic too?

Question#3:
If you plan to be a tanker, would it be best if you used a pet that's dependant on MIND like the Walking Flower?

I'm on GW2! Except I don't know my own Account name!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-20-2008   #2 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

1. From CB Dex only effects the bar that would let you play your move and physical attack. This isn't confirmed.

2. From CB..again /o/. No, I've never seen that.

3. If you plan to be a tanker..I would think having a "magic based" pet would be a good idea too. Since you'll be tanking, and your pet can attack.

07-20-2008   #3 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

To add on, I'm not sure if it's true, but I heard that the higher Grade your spell is, the shorter the cooldown. (again, I haven't confirmed it, but I guess it would make sense)

07-20-2008   #4 (permalink)
I c wut u do thar...

Xamu is on a distinguished road
Guild: SOSBrigade

1. Yes, there is a stat that affects spell casting. It's neither DEX nor QUI, it's Agi. Both DEX and QUI add Agi, but QUI adds a tiny bit more Agi than DEX. (DEX adds 1.6, QUI adds 2.0). Taken from Jwiki, a Magician with 18 Agi, will cast Grade 1 Banish Blow I at about 12 seconds. However, one with 26 Agi, casts Grade 1 Banish Blow I at about 11 seconds. This is with Qui, and not DEX. So, DEX is proven NOT to be the only stat that effects spell casting.

As for stat builds, both of them, I don't like. Both of those builds give you TERRIBLE HP. If you get ambushed, your character WILL die.
I suggest a build with Vit, so you won't be completely annilated by spells or ambushes. I did VIT/QUI/MND in CB, and it worked fine.

2. Ranged attacks can NEVER be countered. (Just think about it, how2counter arrow.) Magic will never miss, and can never be countered. However, it can never critical :x.

3. Yes, a magic using pet would probably be wise (or a Ranged pet). Really, it could be anything, but magic is probably the best to use, due to how powerful it can be.