Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-23-2011   #1 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games
VindictusTera OnlinePhantasy Star Online 2

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough
Default Monitor stuck in power save mode.

Okay... I have a really bad feeling about this. Just now I plugged my headphones into the front jack and heard a bzzt sound and felt a shock in my ears. Immediately after that the screen went completely black. I tried moving my mouse but it didn't come back on. I tried pressing a button on the monitor but it says it's in power save mode and press any key or move the mouse but that didn't work... I'm guessing there's a really big chance I fried the video card there. Any way to figure out for sure?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-23-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

u take out ur video card and plug the VGA/DVI/HDMI cable on ur onboard video card (if u have)
if it shows image, then yeah... prolly ur video card is either screwed up or something like it

02-23-2011   #3 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

Drain the power to your system and then try again.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

02-23-2011   #4 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugi
Drain the power to your system and then try again.
How would you do that?

02-23-2011   #5 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute

Unplug your system for a couple hours and try again.

02-23-2011   #6 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games

Tried it but didn't work. Removed my video card and yep, works. Time to look for a replacement...

02-23-2011   #7 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

hit up warranty lol.

02-23-2011   #8 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
hit up warranty lol.
Parents threw out the packaging. So not possible.

02-23-2011   #9 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

You need the package. The video card should have the serial number somewhere on the card itself.

If you want help with finding a new card, then let us know if your system is ATX or BTX casing and how many brackets you have available.

02-24-2011   #10 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games

Well, apparently Sapphire's RMA doesn't need me to have the packaging, only the card. So that's good news. The bad news is I also just found out my front jack is broken. Anyone mind listing some alternative ways for attaching my headphones to the computer besides putting it onto the sound card on the back of my pc?

02-24-2011   #11 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firzin
Well, apparently Sapphire's RMA doesn't need me to have the packaging, only the card. So that's good news. The bad news is I also just found out my front jack is broken. Anyone mind listing some alternative ways for attaching my headphones to the computer besides putting it onto the sound card on the back of my pc?
that's your only alternative sadly.

02-24-2011   #12 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games

Found an alternative!

FRONTX - FRONT PANEL COMPUTER PORT ( front usb, front ieee 1394 connector, etc )

Just in case anyone wants another way to have a front panel jack on their computers as well. They have stuff ranging from USB, FireWire, to multimedia ports. The reviews I found online look pretty good as well.

03-04-2011   #13 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games

Sorry for the double post but I need some advice on this. Radeon just sent me an email asking if I would like this video card (HD6870 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E) in exchange for the other one.

Here my old video card.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100314SR Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Any difference between the two?

I assume that the card they are giving me is this one.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100314-2SR Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Edit - It seems to me that the only difference is that the new one has stream processors and opengl.

Last edited by Firzin; 03-04-2011 at 06:42 PM.

03-04-2011   #14 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games

the one you had was AMD's reference (stock) model of the 6870. the one sapphire is offering is their model of the 6870 with their own heatsink/fan.

edit: ask them which model, sapphire always makes different models like the vapor x for one.

Last edited by Henreh; 03-04-2011 at 08:00 PM.

03-04-2011   #15 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

Generally cards with an aftermarket cooler (3rd party designed, non-stock) run cooler than the stock model. Slight difference in temperatures, performance is the same though. (Unless the card states stock overclocked)