Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-23-2011   #21 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
Huge? Wut? The only huge thing I can think of is the speed dials...

Ionno. I've been using Opera for over 2 years already. Imo, it's better than Firefox in nearly every aspect except for add-ons, and even at that, Opera has already began to release "extensions". Should that area trump Firefox, I don't see why anyone will wanna use Firefox, except for the loyalty factor, and those resistant to changes.

Speed dials, tab stacking, synchronization, mouse gestures. I can go on. It does have a con, and that is that there are sites not compatible with Opera.
Bold part made me

Maybe I'll give Opera another chance. Lets just see whether FF4 is good.
IF Opera has an extension called Last-Pass and the format of the bookmark is the same as FF..Well,

Sidenote: You're a mod now? Wow.. I missed a lot of thing.

OWH btw, I've done some googling and apparently FF4 will have its final release as early as Feb.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-23-2011   #22 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

I'm still enjoying the fact that FF4 hasn't locked up and eaten literally every Megabyte of my RAM and taking up a lot of CPU power.

With 41 tabs open only 473mb is being used, pretty fair compared to 700mb+ of the past.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

01-23-2011   #23 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144
Bold part made me
That is a rarity and not the norm though.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 01-23-2011 at 05:44 PM.

01-24-2011   #24 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Opera would win me back once someone makes a good RSS reader extension/GReader modifer.
The built-in RSS didn't really suit me which is why i switched and also the lack of good lastpass features.

Best pro of Opera is the speed, thou it doesn't perform at the top in benchmarks; Opera is still faster when using it somehow (idk, it just feels nicer to browse). Especially once i start installing mouse gestures or other addons which opera already has some built in.
Tried the new opera but there are some extensions i really need T_T

btw the reason i started using opera was the autorefresh feature which i used to get items in neopets(lol) >.<

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

01-24-2011   #25 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
Opera would win me back once someone makes a good RSS reader extension/GReader modifer.
The built-in RSS didn't really suit me which is why i switched and also the lack of good lastpass features.

Best pro of Opera is the speed, thou it doesn't perform at the top in benchmarks; Opera is still faster when using it somehow (idk, it just feels nicer to browse). Especially once i start installing mouse gestures or other addons which opera already has some built in.
Tried the new opera but there are some extensions i really need T_T

btw the reason i started using opera was the autorefresh feature which i used to get items in neopets(lol) >.<
What you still play neopets? DUDE... O_O

And urm I tried FF4, and it freezes on me alot more than FF3 does. /reverted back.

01-24-2011   #26 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

Quote:

And urm I tried FF4, and it freezes on me alot more than FF3 does. /reverted back.
same here. i give up. chrome is now my default browser for good it seems.

01-25-2011   #27 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games

I hope the final release doesn't disappointing. :/

01-25-2011   #28 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, i stopped playing long ago.
It was the Win98 era.

01-25-2011   #29 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games

Okay. Whoever deciding to uninstall FF4 and reverting back to FF3, do not click the "remove personal something something" on the uninstaller box. It will remove ALONG your FF3 personal data despite FF4 has its own folder.. Wtf..

I assumed that it only remove FF4 data/folders and I just realize it also removed ALL my FF3 data... >_>
So yeah. But I backup my bookmarks before.. so phew.

01-26-2011   #30 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: PSO2: Shizuru
Class: Techer | Force | Bouncer | Fighter 75 lu_eir

FF4 uses less memory because it shift rendering to your GPU (from b6?), unless you choose to turn it off.

I've been using FF4 since Beta 1 (now at b10), and I've never crashed even once. \*_*/

01-27-2011   #31 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Anarchy OnlineAionAtlantica OnlineFinal Fantasy XIV
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to DarkRayne
IGN: Ryoko Nee
Class: Paladin lt_sorcerer
Level: i93
Guild: The Kingfishers
Xfire: d4rthsid

Only problem I've had is the that the whole window becomes blank once the graphics driver crashes, which is rare. This means Task Manager -> ending firefox -> starting it back up and recovering tabs.

01-27-2011   #32 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRayne
Only problem I've had is the that the whole window becomes blank once the graphics driver crashes, which is rare. This means Task Manager -> ending firefox -> starting it back up and recovering tabs.
I doubt that is a firefox problem.
Try updating your graphics drivers or disabling the hardware acceleration in the flash.

Although chrome does have its advantages such that it just says shockwave flash has crashed.

01-27-2011   #33 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Anarchy OnlineAionAtlantica OnlineFinal Fantasy XIV
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to DarkRayne
IGN: Ryoko Nee
Class: Paladin lt_sorcerer
Level: i93
Guild: The Kingfishers
Xfire: d4rthsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
I doubt that is a firefox problem.
Try updating your graphics drivers or disabling the hardware acceleration in the flash.

Although chrome does have its advantages such that it just says shockwave flash has crashed.
It's a rare case so it's not really a complaint. Otherwise to your post, drivers are updated and it's not a flash issue. It's not a firefox crash as the cause does come from an error from my graphics driver.

01-28-2011   #34 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
FF4 uses less memory because it shift rendering to your GPU (from b6?), unless you choose to turn it off.
Nice, anything utilizing the potential of the GPU cards is a big step up in my book.

01-29-2011   #35 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games

Okay, I just wanna know, because FF4 makes my browsing more lags and more freezes than FF3.. Is it because of FF4 or my computer? ._.

02-01-2011   #36 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

I'm going to update you with the recent change to Beta 10.

The memory being used by firefox is back to the old ways, where I'm back into the 700MB - 1.2 GB zone instead of the comfortable >500MB.
I'm still operating with roughly 50-100 tabs, but the handling of this is really shitty, and the browser lags badly again.

No idea what they did, but they ****ed up big time.
I was in love with the facts written in my Beta 9 post, nothing good ever lasts it seems.

02-02-2011   #37 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games

It ****ed up again? Wow.. :/
And its Feb.. I guess the developers are in rushing and ruined everything in the process.

02-02-2011   #38 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Quote:
It ****ed up again? Wow.. :/
And its Feb.. I guess the developers are in rushing and ruined everything in the process.
Yep.
I was pleased with the direction it was going with beta 9, it finally felt fluid and stable, a real treat for someone like me who uses more than the average guy.

Beta 10 retained one good element though; if plugincontainer dies or any flash apps freeze, it won't lockup firefox itself, it will only create an error dialogue and you simply refresh the page to try again.

But I never experienced any crashes whatsoever with 9, so it's not like I can praise them for that, when it shouldn't happen in the first place.

02-05-2011   #39 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

now using beta 10, quite fast and much more responsive, and doesn't lag like 3.6, tho some of my favourite addons were not compatible.

memory usage is quite nice, it actually "reduced" after few tabs closed instead of "increasing over time" on 3.6 last time.

Tho some of the functions seems...weird? like the "warning on close" dialog doesn't enabled? have to enable via config page, seems they forgot about this? also some of the website won't display properly, ie; twitter.

note: clean install ff 4b10.