ggFTW (
-   Computers & Technology (
-   -   Monitor issue (

Yumidesu 01-04-2011 12:31 PM

Monitor issue
Edit: It has been fixed by myself. Thanks anyway tho ^^

Okay, so on my OSD, there's an auto-OSD and a manual OSD.

The auto one lets me automatically configure settings (contrast & brightness) based on 5 settings.

User, Text, Standard, Graphics, and Movie.

A few months ago, I was changing the settings via auto OSD, and it knocked the screen over by about 100 points in position. I couldn't get it back via manual OSD. I tried to move it, unplugged my monitor cable, replugged, unplugged power cable (monitor), replugged, nothing. Finally, I found a Reset button on the manual OSD. After pressing it about 6-8 times, it reset my screen back to normal.

Last night, I accidentally pressed the button for auto-config and it messed up my screen again. I've tried to reset it multiple times, but it's not working.

Anything I can do to fix this? Answer ASAP please... I can't really do anything with nearly 1/5 of my screen non-visible.

kag 01-05-2011 03:36 AM

I don't really get what you meant.
Doesn't Auto-config center everything back to the middle?

Yumidesu 01-05-2011 11:29 AM

Sorry, fixed it. Blah. Forgot to edit. x.x

And usually it would, yes. But in this case, it does the opposite. H. Position option moves the screen left to right. It's set at 50. Minimum of 0, maximum of 100. When I use the Auto-config for a preset setting via contrast and brightness, my H. Position (without modifying the actual H. Position setting in manual OSD) goes to 150. Which is 50 points past what I can go to the max.

In other words, 1/5 of the right of my screen is not visible because it knocks it over to the right so far when I use auto-config rather than manual.