Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-18-2010   #1 (permalink)
is cute + gore

Point has a spectacular aura aboutPoint has a spectacular aura about
Default 3gp files and remuxing mp4 files

2 questions in kind of the same category of video converting. First, I got these .3gp files that I want to join together, but the video and audio always go out of sync when I convert them. They were taken with a camera, and at parts where it was a bit laggy there'd be sync problems in the converted file. Is there some way to ensure this kind of thing doesn't happen? =/ The converter I used is MediaCoder, with Mpeg4 as the format and mp4 and avi (tried both) as the container.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I had figured that since you can't really import 3gp files into programs like VirtualDub, Movie Maker, or Sony Vegas, I have to convert it first. But maybe there's another way? iono

And second question, how exactly do I remux a mp4 file into an avi file so it's available for video editing? I read one method of extracting the video and audio track with Yamb and putting it together in another avi-making program. Sadly this Yamb thing is giving me errors after errors >.> help please?

Last edited by Point; 12-18-2010 at 02:50 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-18-2010   #2 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

If the sound and video is unsync'd due to lag, then it's actually recorded like that... nothing you can do. The RAW is already unsync'd.

You can't remux an mp4 file into avi. I'm assuming that the mp4 that MediaCoder creats is not a container type, but the actual video file type. (Remux usually refers to swapping a certain part of the file. Like switch audio from FLAC to AAC for example.) You'll need to re-encode mp4 to avi. MediaCoder should be able to do it. You can also try SUPER. I like both, but MediaCoder is hard to get proper settings for encoding.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

12-18-2010   #3 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

split them up first
save the video and audio separately then reencode them.
i think avidemux should be able to do that

you can also try using super c to convert.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist