Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-05-2010   #1 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default Question about sending a file from your computer to your phone.

Okay, so my mom needs me to do something.

Basically, she wants me to take a picture (31KB) on my computer, put it in an e-mail, and send it to her phone.

Now, I really suck with this, because I've never really done anything like that, and I suck with software-related stuff.

I've tried attaching a file and sending it, doesn't work. I've used TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting -- but that sort of worked. She went to the URL it gave and she tried to save the picture to her phone, but gave this message:

"Error; picture could not be saved successfully."

So, I tried using imageshack.us -- didn't work. Tried the direct link. Tried the url. Tried the HTML code and HTML link. Neither worked. So, how exactly do you do this?

She mentioned a friend of her's, Harold, doing it right. Apparently, you embed the file into the e-mail. Basically putting an embed link in the body of the e-mail, I guess? I'm not sure.

How exactly do you get this to work?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-05-2010   #2 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

Why don't you just send it through bluetooth? Computer to her phone or Copy it onto your phone by usb then send it to hers.

It's hard to send these files by email if it's not a smartphone.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

12-05-2010   #3 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu

1. We got the picture onto the computer because the old phone she had, well, had the picture on it.
2. We lost that phone.
3. The picture is only on the computer and our flash drive.
4. We don't have Bluetooth.

That's why. If we had the old phone, I could easily put it on my phone and send it to her. But we don't. We just have the picture on the flash drive and on my computer.

12-05-2010   #4 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

What kind of phone does she have?

12-05-2010   #5 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Um, it's a Samsung flip phone. Not sure on the specifics.

12-05-2010   #6 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

1. You may be able to attach the image from YOUR phone in a text and then send it over. But for that to happen, you'll need to transfer it on to your phone. [might as well transfer it to your mom's lol]

2. If you/your mom has a removable memory, try inserting that memory chip directly into the PC. Just make sure your PC has the right slot though.

12-06-2010   #7 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

You can try using AIM to send it via a text. I don't know if MSN also has that functionality.

12-06-2010   #8 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

MSN has that too. I remember sending pictures to my friend.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601