Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-28-2010   #21 (permalink)
:kamina: Pro

Goldie is on a distinguished road
Guild: SOS Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
Monitor's so expensive o_o. Personally I would go check them out in store first to see if it really is worth the money. That's how I decided on my ASUS monitor for..$90 >_>.

edit: remember to get an hdmi cable too ;o
Henreh can you recommend me any specific monitors? I know that monitor is really expensive but I've heard nothing but good things from it and it seems really sexy though the price is really dragging me down.

I've had really good history with Samsung except for a few very rare occasions. I want an LCD that can achieve around 100Hz but I'm using a 75Hz monitor right now and it's just fine. Let me know if you guys find any really good monitors for a cheaper price at NCIX.

Last edited by Goldie; 11-28-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-28-2010   #22 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

I can't really recommend any since I owned just two monitors (one LG and ASUS) in my lifetime. Samsung and LG are really good quality companies but I have heard ASUS monitor are very good for their price and I agree with that.

11-28-2010   #23 (permalink)

Total comes out to be just below 900.

Look this over and tell me if its any good I've been getting many suggestions

11-28-2010   #24 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute

It's not bad, it can run SC2 at ultra. The difference between that and the other build is large though.

11-28-2010   #25 (permalink)

How indecisive am I,lol? Anyways this is probably my final decision my only concern is people say to downgrade the gfx and mix in a SSD. Anyways here it is folks !

NCIX PC Configure Summary

11-28-2010   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie

Spoiler!
i'd recommend u upgrade the 1055 to 1090T BE (3.2 and with core boost is awesum) this is usefull if for some reason u wanna use emulator, coz they only support (mostly) 2 cores.
bout monitor, i prefer a 21.5 Acer coz they are good and FULL HD(1080p), 23 and 24 or 27 inch monitors are way TOO big,

also

razer mouses are just bad, they got (as far as i know most of them) a glitchy wheelmouse that makes some really annoying sounds

kit
-Steelseries QcK + (or mass or large, i got mass, awesumness[pros: cheap and good])
-Steelseries ikari laser mouse (extreme gaming pro, razer looks better but in performance, ikari is better)
-keyboard (razer tarantular or lychosa mirror, yeah love those ones)
-Headset (u might wanna go for steelseries but they totally die in like 8 months, happened to a 5hv2, gotta kill myself . yet siberia v2 are really good but not for music, if not 7h or Sennheiser, honestly sennheiser is the best of the 3 bigs [steelseries, razer & sennheiser])

11-28-2010   #27 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

Make sure not to get ripped off on the HDMI cable. Should cost no more than $5 at a retail store. I got a whole box (25x 3ft) for $10.

Razer mice are fine. The mouse wheel sounds like a mouse wheel should. It's makes a clicking noise like a regular mouse.

Keyboard avoid Razer unless it's a Black Widow. They're horrible for their price. Why Black Widow? It's a mechanical keyboard. Not a membrane. Mechanical keyboards generally cost $300+ for a decent one. Black Widow uses same parts as a $300+ for $80~$130.

As far as monitor size goes, it's personal preference. I find 21.5" way too small for my needs. The sweet spot is 23~24inches usually if you watch a lot of videos.

Goldie, the speakers are overpriced. I highly suggest you wait. I got 2 sets of 5.1 Logitech for only $19.99 each. You seriously need a 2.1 set though. The bass helps a lot for music and games.

The mousepad is OK, but it's on sale every week at CanadaComputers, you can price match online! I personally have a Razer Vespula, I like hard surfaces. If you want a soft one get a steelseries. They're better.

If you're getting an SSD avoid Intel. They're too expensive. Kingston is crap for SSDs. Get something from Corsair or OCZ(this one!).

I'm not sure how much you'll be able to upgrade in the future. I suggested the 850w power supply so you can upgrade in the future if needed. The rig is good for something you're not going to upgrade.

PS: Black Widow hasn't been released yet. You won't get the keyboard for a while... it keeps getting delayed. I'm still waiting for mine.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

Last edited by Shugi; 11-28-2010 at 06:09 PM.

11-28-2010   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncharted
i'd recommend u upgrade the 1055 to 1090T BE (3.2 and with core boost is awesum) this is usefull if for some reason u wanna use emulator, coz they only support (mostly) 2 cores.
bout monitor, i prefer a 21.5 Acer coz they are good and FULL HD(1080p), 23 and 24 or 27 inch monitors are way TOO big,

also

razer mouses are just bad, they got (as far as i know most of them) a glitchy wheelmouse that makes some really annoying sounds

kit
-Steelseries QcK + (or mass or large, i got mass, awesumness[pros: cheap and good])
-Steelseries ikari laser mouse (extreme gaming pro, razer looks better but in performance, ikari is better)
-keyboard (razer tarantular or lychosa mirror, yeah love those ones)
-Headset (u might wanna go for steelseries but they totally die in like 8 months, happened to a 5hv2, gotta kill myself . yet siberia v2 are really good but not for music, if not 7h or Sennheiser, honestly sennheiser is the best of the 3 bigs [steelseries, razer & sennheiser])
Some Razer mice I will agree aren't the best but I can get probably most of the CS community to vouch that the Razer DA is really good. I have a SteelSeries Xai and a Qck mousepad and they are quite good.Considering I've given up my CS days I really find no use for headsets anymore only when I talk to friends on Ventrilo or Skype but even then my Fatal1ty headset will do just fine no need to spend $100.00+ dollars.

Anyways thanks and thanks for the tip Shugi

EDIT:
Shugi do you mean something like this?
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=36...cture=Logitech
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=53...ustomerReviews
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...ustomerReviews

Btw when will the Black Widow release do you think soon?

Last edited by Goldie; 11-28-2010 at 06:23 PM.

11-28-2010   #29 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute

That's exactly what I'm talking about. They have sets of those randomly on sale every week for $19.99. I had first link before. Sounds great. The second one my friend has and they're fantastic as well. But all of us got ours for $19.99 so it's a cold deal when it's twice the price. =/

CyberMonday deals are going up at 9pm PST. You may want to pick up some of the peripherals tomorrow rather than waiting until December, if possible. Order online for instore pick up if possible as well... I know my wallet is going to be lighter tonight.

11-28-2010   #30 (permalink)

Razer Sphex or Goliathus? I really like how the Sphex is almost like 1 surface between your desk and mousepad also apparently it's really easy to clean. Thin but quite sturdy hmmm...

11-28-2010   #31 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

If you like hard surfaces get sphex if you like soft surfaces get Goliathus.

11-28-2010   #32 (permalink)

Shugi would you recommend the Vespula? I really like the fact you get comfort because I palm my mouse and my wrist usually rests on my mousepad. Also I enjoy hard surface mousepads not only that you can change between control and speed? Use it with or without the wrist rest! Wow this mousepad sounds like my kind of thing ! Let me know if its any good though :P

Wristpad = browsing/mmorpgs/other
No wristpad = rts and fps

seems good to me!

11-29-2010   #33 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

I personally like it. Took a while to get used to wristpad though. I usually use it on control. Speed is way too fast for me at 1800DPI. It's a nice mouse pad, best I've had.

11-29-2010   #34 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

I won't really recommend a SSD (Unless you are willing to pay the premium for it) for a gaming PC.
But if you run a lot of apps then you may consider getting one.
Otherwise i think a velociraptor is good enough for gaming.

You might want to change the caviar blue to black cause it is supposed to have better performance. Although i know many say black dies easier.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

11-29-2010   #35 (permalink)

FINAL PC SETUP!

*Price isn't firm going to see if I can get any deals on some of the peripherals I want

11-29-2010   #36 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

Looks good. Peripheral prices kinda kill it though. I wouldn't buy any of those at that price. :P If you can wait that'd probably be best. If not go for it.

11-29-2010   #37 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games

I agree with Shugi. I wouldn't get that for the price even though it's an complete set up but that's retail for you. You end up spending more then you need to.

11-29-2010   #38 (permalink)

Like I mentioned I'll be trying my best to check in at NCIX for any sales before December 17th.

Thank you guys for helping me pick out a PC! I wish I could +rep a hundred times just for you guys

12-04-2010   #39 (permalink)

Went to NCIX with all the specs printed out and they helped me knock off about 200 dollars! With sales and a few minor tweaks. The guy changed it from a 620 power supply to a 520 supply. Will this work efficiently or will I just tell him to change it back to the 620 power supply? Other then that I read the quotation and he says it's really solid. I'm happy though I haven't found a monitor...

12-04-2010   #40 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games

Get the ASUS monitor . If you remember the power supply he recommended then link it for us.