Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
10-25-2009   #21 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

lol, thank you there. reminds me I've to update the free utilities lists afterward.

Also regarding BISS, there's other similar program called "PeerGuardian"
- Phoenix Labs PeerGuardian 2

It's not really much working in Windows Vista, since it might crashes sometime...but not sure about Windows 7.

Sure, I'll add/update both of them in the lists as well.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-07-2010   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
LuminaryAtlantica OnlineTrickster OnlineLoong - The Power of the Dragon

chocomallows will become famous soon enoughchocomallows will become famous soon enough

great stuff miyuki ^^ , i need help i recently formated my 7yr old laptop for my lil bro but after installing xp it keeps getting registry errors i try finding fixes but all seems fail can u help?

06-07-2010   #23 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute

7 yr laptop.. registry errors? does it shows up something like
\system32\[file name error]

during startup? Even you've reformat few times already?
If so, try use chkdsk utility to check your hdd first.

Also, ..that reminds me I need to -unlazy- myself to update these guides @_@

06-08-2010   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
LuminaryAtlantica OnlineTrickster OnlineLoong - The Power of the Dragon

chocomallows will become famous soon enoughchocomallows will become famous soon enough

tried it and i think its different now, i got a different error when i try to install its drivers i get "installshield engine(ikernel.exe)could not be launched" T_T need help badly huhuhu im being bothered by my lil bro for 3 days now

Last edited by chocomallows; 06-08-2010 at 08:29 AM.

06-09-2010   #25 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Now that I'm using Windows 7, I've been wondering whether to get a firewall or just stick with the windows firewall.. any suggestions?

It's the nature of my circuitry.

06-09-2010   #26 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Firewall, antivirus ...everything are rendered useless if the user doesn't even care on how to take care of his/her computer.

The Windows Firewall that came along with Windows 7 is quite enough to protect your computer, as you can also allow/disallow any programs for connections.

But, if you still want to use 3rd party firewall, I'd recommend either
PCTools
- PC Tools Firewall Plus - Free Firewall Download

or

Comodo
- Antivirus Firewall Software and SSL Certificate - Internet Security Software from Comodo

Well, practice safe computing~

06-10-2010   #27 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Thanks Miyu. I will try out the PC Tools one

Edit: I've been using PC Tools for some time now. It's really easy to use and caused no problems for me so far.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

Last edited by Javier; 07-10-2010 at 09:59 PM.

06-15-2011   #28 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Almost years and didn't update ~_~..screw that, updated with proper one