ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Computers & Technology (http://ggftw.com/forum/computers-technology/)
-   -   Desktop/Computer Apps (http://ggftw.com/forum/computers-technology/37966-desktop-computer-apps.html)

Ronin 02-05-2009 04:39 AM

Desktop/Computer Apps
 
Hey got a computer app that you just tested out? Let us know :D






I found this pretty cool for a desktop :P

Catharsis 02-05-2009 05:14 AM

Digsby! Digsby = IM + Email + Social Networks

I run too many IM clients, so this one neatly consolidates all 5 of my IM accounts into one list. It also gives me quick-view updates of 5 email accounts, Facebook, and Twitter. I also find that it takes up less resources than Trillian. Very convenient. =D

http://img.digsby.com/screenshots/1_blists.png

Jansen 02-05-2009 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catharsis (Post 701998)
Digsby! Digsby = IM + Email + Social Networks

I run too many IM clients, so this one neatly consolidates all 5 of my IM accounts into one list. It also gives me quick-view updates of 5 email accounts, Facebook, and Twitter. I also find that it takes up less resources than Trillian. Very convenient. =D

http://img.digsby.com/screenshots/1_blists.png

I just use meebo for that :P I find it annoying to have windows pop up when some twerp wants to talk to me. I administered a site with over 100,000 members for two years so I get a lot of random requests.. over 3k contacts over 4 different msn accounts... It's nice to keep all of those in one firefox tab ;)

Ofcourse for my personal MSN I use regular msn.



As for useful desktop apps...

I use WinAmp for music
CCCP for Video (MPC with codec pack)
uTorrent for torrents

RoflKnife 02-05-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 701971)
Hey got a computer app that you just tested out? Let us know :D






I found this pretty cool for a desktop :P

Cool, but doesn't look practical as there's no text to tell what is what...

IE: What if you had 100 text documents?

Ronin 02-05-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflKnife (Post 702332)
Cool, but doesn't look practical as there's no text to tell what is what...

IE: What if you had 100 text documents?

A: Why would you?

Poople 02-05-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflKnife (Post 702332)
Cool, but doesn't look practical as there's no text to tell what is what...

IE: What if you had 100 text documents?

it's in beta

it looks really cool so far though

Catharsis 02-05-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jansen (Post 702069)
I just use meebo for that :P I find it annoying to have windows pop up when some twerp wants to talk to me. I administered a site with over 100,000 members for two years so I get a lot of random requests.. over 3k contacts over 4 different msn accounts... It's nice to keep all of those in one firefox tab ;)

Ofcourse for my personal MSN I use regular msn.

Pop-ups can be disabled, you know. I have been notorious for staying blissfully ignorant of messages for days before I get around to reading them. 8D

clearskies 02-10-2009 01:07 AM

Does rocket dock fit under this category? I think rocketdock is amazing. i've cutdown on mass desktop clutter with the dock..

kikiral 02-10-2009 05:29 AM

:3 i like using Rocket Dock and Rain Meter with the TransRound skin :3

boomsticky 02-16-2009 12:21 PM

Mmm...I'm using Yahoo Widgets for my Windows XP Desktop. Pretty nifty I would say. It pretty much works like Apple's widget features, not much I can say about that. A comparible app would be the google one, but I like Yahoo's aesthetics more. The widgets I mostly often used Due, Newsstand, and Weather XD.

Yahoo! Widgets: useful, fun, beautiful little apps for Mac and Windows

I also use FileZilla to do any FTP things, like working on my college account off-campus.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.