Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-18-2009   #1 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all
Default Message boards

I've wondered what draws me back to them repeatedly and I don't think I've been able to quite pinpoint it. Besides the appeal of interacting with others whenever you choose (no worrying about schedule conflicts) why do you love message boards, and what do you hate about them?

I'm a bit of a message board slut myself and MMOG is one of my favorites. Good conversation topics are a must. Often I find that topic-spam, and lots of 'i have a notion that...' ideas, bring good discussions, but with this things get moved so far down in the list and people won't see them unless they visit within a narrow timeframe. Having an intelligent community can help a lot when the posters are talking about things within my scope of interest, which unfortunately isn't very wide. A variety of posters from different backgrounds also helps, since my view is usually skewed by what I experience daily.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-18-2009   #2 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

The "community" aspect of MMOG is a big factor why many of us persist here. I love that I can communicate without the requirements for instantaneous responses, which can be very convenient if you're preoccupied or multi-tasking. Also, our general interests section is very active, which I don't think is common in other gaming boards. We have topics about everything under the sun here. ^_^