Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-19-2013   #1 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Dezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Shadow Lines on HDTV?

I was wondering, for anyone else here with a big HDTV, if your TV also has these shadow like lines around the edges and some that curve more into the middle of the screen. Best way I can explain is like when a curtain overlaps on itself and it has a kind of shadow where the overlap is when light is shining in on it. (???)

The TV we have is a Sharp 60 inch Aquos with Quattron.

I called Costco, who we bought it from and they had me do a reset, didn't work, then they connected to a Sharp technician who had me do a full factory reset. Now the colors are faded, I'll have to go redo the settings back to what they were, and the lines are still there, though they aren't as obvious since the picture isn't that bright.

Might consider calling them back if this isn't a "normal" thing for HDTVs...but I'm not sure since this is the first HDTV we've ever owned. It's more like once I see it, my eyes keep going to them / looking for the lines.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-19-2013   #2 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

If you have a plasma that has anti-burn in the settings menu somewhere, then give that a go and return to it in a few hours to see if that helps any.

To my knowledge this has always been normal for a TV that's not that old and will fade over time with use.
But I could easily be mistaken since none of the TV's here are less than a few years old and technology has changed.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

03-19-2013   #3 (permalink)
Mega
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Dezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I wasn't too sure since until last April we had a big screen projector TV from like 1999 lol. So I'm still getting used to the clearness and everything. My Mom and Dad both say they can't see it unless they walk right up to it...but I guess my eyes are just to sharp to differences like that

03-19-2013   #4 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

I do know it's because of the backlight, so if the TV suddenly appears dark in spots or goes pitch black entirely then the backlight needs to be replaced.

If the warranty is good for several years then you should be fine, but if it does get worse let them know immediately because backlights are the most expensive thing to replace.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

03-19-2013   #5 (permalink)
Mega
Games

Yep we got 5 years warranty on it just to make sure since this was the first one we got

Must...force...self...to not see....lines! lol. Thanks Light!

03-24-2013   #6 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Devilit
Class: Raven lt_explorer
Level: 60
Guild: Majestic
Xfire: riolu

Are the lines kind of like this?

I had to replace the screen entirely.