Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-28-2012   #1 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Wireless Headphones/Earbuds with Mic?

Hi guys,

My earbuds I've had for over a year now finally broke and now I don't have a mic to use on my laptop... since there's so many techy people on here I was wondering what kind of mics/headphones/earbuds you guys use.

I'm looking for some that's under $100. I don't really like headphones cause they start hurting my ears after an hour or so of wearing them, but if I could find some comfortable ones I would considering buying those instead! The main thing though is it needs a good mic on them so I can talk to people on skype~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-28-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Cashmerre is on a distinguished road
IGN: Cashmerre
Class: I'll play ALL of the classes! o u o to_champion

If you are looking for good quality as well as gaming headphones, Turtle Beach makes really good headphones. I'd give them a try. :3

12-28-2012   #3 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

Their headphones do look pretty nice

Though...I have no idea what all the different features are lol. Something that you can actually hear deep sounds, but I would think all of them had that?

So far I've found: (Top 2 are my favorites just cause the colors xD )

Amazon.com: Ear Force X12 Gaming Headset and Amplified Stereo Sound: Video Games

Amazon.com: SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full-Size Gaming Headset (Green): Electronics

Amazon.com: PS3 Ear Force P11 Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset: Video Games

Amazon.com: PS3 Ear Force PX21 Gaming Headset: Video Games

12-28-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Cashmerre is on a distinguished road
IGN: Cashmerre
Class: I'll play ALL of the classes! o u o to_champion

I've only had experience with the X12 (as I own those), but I can tell you that those sound SOOOO good. And yes, they look nice too! :B

EDIT:

If you want to try them out, the Best Buys and Gamestops I have been to have always had "Try Me" booths that feature the different levels of headphones they sell. You know, if you are unsure.

Last edited by Cashmerre; 12-28-2012 at 08:08 PM.

12-28-2012   #5 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

I probably will wind up going to Best Buy / Walmart / etc to check out what they have so I can actually try them on first~

Someone recommended these:

Amazon.com: Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 Headset: Electronics

But I'm leery of buying Microsoft products.....haven't had the greatest experiences with the stuff from them :X

12-31-2012   #6 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

I have used...

Razer Carcharis - Was OK
Creative Soundblaster 3D Sigma - Was OK
Steelseries Siberia - Was Nice
Corsair 1500 - Is OK

I recommend the Corsair 1300 though. It's pretty damn cheap ($5 lowest I've seen) and it works pretty well. My personal setup is pretty ingenius though... I bought a cheap headset for $5 wrapped it around my monitor and have the mic facing me and I use high end IEMs.

Brands you want to avoid though are Razer (overpriced) and Tritton (super overpriced). Turtle beach is OK, though I never tried it.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

12-31-2012   #7 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

I bought the Turtle Beach ones today, and got a rain check on the Microsoft ones (Marked down to $16 lol) so I'll be going to pick those up next week so I can compare the 2~