ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Computers & Technology (http://ggftw.com/forum/computers-technology/)
-   -   Wireless Headphones/Earbuds with Mic? (http://ggftw.com/forum/computers-technology/119881-wireless-headphones-earbuds-mic.html)

Donges 12-28-2012 03:27 PM

Wireless Headphones/Earbuds with Mic?

Hi guys,

My earbuds I've had for over a year now finally broke and now I don't have a mic to use on my laptop... since there's so many techy people on here I was wondering what kind of mics/headphones/earbuds you guys use.

I'm looking for some that's under $100. I don't really like headphones cause they start hurting my ears after an hour or so of wearing them, but if I could find some comfortable ones I would considering buying those instead! The main thing though is it needs a good mic on them so I can talk to people on skype~

Cashmerre 12-28-2012 03:36 PM

If you are looking for good quality as well as gaming headphones, Turtle Beach makes really good headphones. I'd give them a try. :3

Donges 12-28-2012 03:57 PM

Their headphones do look pretty nice :D

Though...I have no idea what all the different features are lol. Something that you can actually hear deep sounds, but I would think all of them had that?

So far I've found: (Top 2 are my favorites just cause the colors xD )

Amazon.com: Ear Force X12 Gaming Headset and Amplified Stereo Sound: Video Games

Amazon.com: SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full-Size Gaming Headset (Green): Electronics

Amazon.com: PS3 Ear Force P11 Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset: Video Games

Amazon.com: PS3 Ear Force PX21 Gaming Headset: Video Games

Cashmerre 12-28-2012 09:02 PM

I've only had experience with the X12 (as I own those), but I can tell you that those sound SOOOO good. And yes, they look nice too! :B

EDIT:

If you want to try them out, the Best Buys and Gamestops I have been to have always had "Try Me" booths that feature the different levels of headphones they sell. You know, if you are unsure.

Donges 12-28-2012 10:47 PM

I probably will wind up going to Best Buy / Walmart / etc to check out what they have so I can actually try them on first~

Someone recommended these:

Amazon.com: Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 Headset: Electronics

But I'm leery of buying Microsoft products.....haven't had the greatest experiences with the stuff from them :X

Shugi 12-31-2012 06:33 PM

I have used...

Razer Carcharis - Was OK
Creative Soundblaster 3D Sigma - Was OK
Steelseries Siberia - Was Nice
Corsair 1500 - Is OK

I recommend the Corsair 1300 though. It's pretty damn cheap ($5 lowest I've seen) and it works pretty well. My personal setup is pretty ingenius though... I bought a cheap headset for $5 wrapped it around my monitor and have the mic facing me and I use high end IEMs.

Brands you want to avoid though are Razer (overpriced) and Tritton (super overpriced). Turtle beach is OK, though I never tried it.

Donges 12-31-2012 08:50 PM

I bought the Turtle Beach ones today, and got a rain check on the Microsoft ones (Marked down to $16 lol) so I'll be going to pick those up next week so I can compare the 2~ :)

Voicez 01-11-2013 09:17 PM

PS3 Ear Force PX21 are nice but the sponge is lowish quality mine kinda looks messed up