Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-04-2012   #41 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

How to Create a System Image in Windows 7 - How-To Geek

That's how to create a back up image.

Win8 has no performance boost from Win7 in terms of applications. There are some tweaks that make some apps maybe load faster, but actual performance is the same. Boot times are faster, that's about it.

I'm personally not upgrading, even though it's free for me. I have used it on systems on both ends of the spectrum, 3 year old reference board (not even a laptop. just a engineering PCB + GPU etc) to $10K workstations. I don't like it and probably never will. I dislike it so much that, my coworker does my share of Win8 stuff while I do his Win7. Hope that gives you some info from an engineer's view of Win8.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

Last edited by Shugi; 11-04-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-05-2012   #42 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
Xfire: riolu

Seems my issue is common, i've downgraded my network driver to the vista/7 driver to see if that helps.

Windows 8 - PC Gaming Issue - LAG Spikes

Windows 8 PC Gaming Lag Spikes - Neowin Forums - Page 3

Apparently nothing works, i think it's because my video card doens't have any integrated ram and w8 + LoL simply use too much of my 2gigs, i've had similar lag back when i used w7 and my laptop would overheat, but that isn't the case now. I've found a student edition of win xp and i'm going to try playing LoL on that.

Last edited by Riolu; 11-06-2012 at 05:51 AM.

11-06-2012   #43 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

can anyone tell me why it's faster? it's still using the same kernel as win7 isn't it? i haven't gone over the list of preset services but it seems the only obvious change would be removing active desktop/aero and replacing it with the windows 8 de.

11-07-2012   #44 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Anyone else's PC starting up from hibernate by itself? I turned off the auto update feature but it's still booting up by itself at designated hour of the day...

11-09-2012   #45 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Performance improvements isn't like a really huge difference.
Let's See How Windows 8 Performs Against Windows 7

You could probably feel the improvements if it isn't butter smooth in windows 7. (Yea my processor is that old)

@WhatThePho there seems to be some issues with some BIOSes maybe try to find if there is any update for your BIOS?
Some things you can do
powercfg -lastwake (Check what device last woke your device)
See if the device has a wake option in the device settings

Check you power option advance options and try disabling USB selective suspend and also disable wake timers under sleep.

More advance control of sleep/wake
http://www.howtogeek.com/122954/how-...-accidentally/

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

Last edited by kag; 11-09-2012 at 04:54 AM.

11-10-2012   #46 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

WhatThePho's issue is definitely a BIOS issue. I have some systems at work with old BIOS and Win8 doesn't even install on the system.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601