Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-27-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough
Question Help me Pick a Laptop ?

ok so I'm getting ready to Buy a Laptap and I feel better if you guys can Perhaps help me Pick one...

I'm only Spending about 1200$ MAX. If it has taxes and Shipping and handling then that is actually ok...
and if it helps I'm gonna be Playing Perfect World. so if you can really help me get a good computer then thx...

I am thinking of Buying myself a

Dell XPS-17 =

PROCESSOR 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM processor (2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz)
MEMORY 6GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory edit
HARD DRIVE 750GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive edit
VIDEO CARD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 550M 1GB graphics with Optimus

but if you guys think you can get me something better then I am Open...

it must be an i7-2670QM or higher ( which is 2.20 or more ) with Turbo Boost

it can't be a AMD 7000 and nvidea 600 series thow ='.=...

EDIT: I ALSO FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I'M GONNA START BUYING IN JUNE 1ST...
it gonna be for Gaming and/or Entertainment...

not sure that it matters since there Practically the same right o.o ???

Last edited by Wendyfav3; 05-29-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-27-2012   #2 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

I wouldn't recommend a Dell, ever. I've had nothing but problems with Dell's, no matter how "good" they were.

Me and my friends and family all use Asus, and none of us have ever had problems, and they're very nice, and really not too expensive.

But I guess it depends on what you're going to be doing on it. Dell laptops are horrible for most gaming, but if it's for something like school or facebooking, IM, etc, then I guess if the price is nice, Dell would be okay. But if you're going to be gaming, Asus is a good choice.

05-27-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settie
I wouldn't recommend a Dell, ever. I've had nothing but problems with Dell's, no matter how "good" they were.

Me and my friends and family all use Asus, and none of us have ever had problems, and they're very nice, and really not too expensive.

But I guess it depends on what you're going to be doing on it. Dell laptops are horrible for most gaming, but if it's for something like school or facebooking, IM, etc, then I guess if the price is nice, Dell would be okay. But if you're going to be gaming, Asus is a good choice.
I edit my post...

well if you say Dell is bad then ok...
but that why I said if you guys can find something better then I am open...
I'm gonna start buying On June 1st..

I did look at Asus and there website is a bit chewy...
like I can't find my way around or it it not all there to see...
and I can't Find the BUY IT BUTTEN... o.e

05-27-2012   #4 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they sell their products on their website. Try Best Buy, Amazon or some other site that sells them. o:

And yeah the website is a bit laggy for me ;o;

05-28-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

here a List of Laptop... also is the one I post about Dell XPS 17 Powerful enough to Play Perfect World or any of the List PC ?

this is an Alienware....there very good right ???
Alienware - 14" Laptop - 6GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Stealth Black - BBY-97WKN

Dell
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...l_id=xps-l702x

Last edited by Wendyfav3; 05-28-2012 at 09:34 PM.

05-28-2012   #6 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games

Since the website is working better now

ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS G74SX

Is the laptop I have. It's pretty nice. So I would go with your first Asus choice. I NEVER lag unless my internet is being crappy.

Alienware, I had one for a good 5 to 6 years, it was a pre-Dell one. But, the bad thing about Alienware is that you can't take anything out of it. If your video card or anything breaks or if you want to upgrade things in it, you'd have to get a new laptop. I'm not sure if it's different now since it was bought by Dell.

I can't say anything about Acer, I've never had one, and my friend had one and traded it in because it was too slow.

05-28-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

@Settie...
that great...but if you read my 1st Post I can only Spent under 1,200$...
=X

05-28-2012   #8 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games

Your first Asus option is $1,099.99. That's pretty much the same thing I have, it just looks a little different. o:

05-28-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settie
Your first Asus option is $1,099.99. That's pretty much the same thing I have, it just looks a little different. o:
well I'm not gonna buy anything till June 1st so it be great if you can still research what I have or anything else before making the Final Judgement...

but regardless thx for helping...

05-28-2012   #10 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

just a warning about alienware. they tend to use lower quality/refurbished parts and charge you a lot more than they're worth.

i don't know much about their laptops, but i've worked with a number of their pcs.

05-28-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflake
just a warning about alienware. they tend to use lower quality/refurbished parts and charge you a lot more than they're worth.

i don't know much about their laptops, but i've worked with a number of their pcs.
well is the alienware I have link now a Lower Quality/refurbished Parts o.o ?

05-28-2012   #12 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyfav3
well is the alienware I have link now a Lower Quality/refurbished Parts o.o ?
I'm pretty sure he's talking about in general. ASUS makes quality products all around. If anything, I would consider ASUS or MSI before even looking at Alienware.

05-28-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
I'm pretty sure he's talking about in general. ASUS makes quality products all around. If anything, I would consider ASUS or MSI before even looking at Alienware.
well like I said if you guys think you can find me that computer then I am open to it...

05-28-2012   #14 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute

do you play any graphic intensive games? and what's wrong with the GTX 600M series? most of the laptops I would recommend is out of stock atm.

05-29-2012   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
do you play any graphic intensive games? and what's wrong with the GTX 600M series? most of the laptops I would recommend is out of stock atm.
well I'm going to in the future...
but umm....
lets go with Perfect World. I want to play that...

huh...I could have sworn I I put perfect world in there in my 1st post...

05-29-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Arrow

Quote:
what's wrong with the GTX 600M series? most of the laptops I would recommend is out of stock atm.
well if you guys can't find any Nvidia 500 Series then very well...
try to find me a 600 Series then...

I'm just not those type of People who keep up with the latest Tech...

just because it new does not make it better...
at least not always...
to me, I find it as a Open Beta for people to test on.
like the PS Vita. I think it still in Open Beta.

it will be finish in these types

1) Price is Drop
2) wait for about a year or 2
cuz at the time there will be plenty of game for you to play, you should get the most out of you Software...
and of course, Price Drop ...
3) wait for a Redesign or upgrade whatever for the Vita and of course....Price Drop... =/

just like how Nintendo is now making a Redesign for the 3DS or something...
and what do you know.... PRICE DROP!

right o.o ?

anyway, you see where I'm going at with this ?

05-29-2012   #17 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games

I know what you mean. I upgraded my iPhone, and next week they announced a new one. I decided then that I would only get new things if my old one broke, unless they come out with say... A new Xbox and it has games I want to play for the new one only. Or there's amazing new features on it.

05-29-2012   #18 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games

Well I know what you mean by newer isn't always better but that isn't always the case in the PC hardware world. If you're not really upgrading hardware, then future-proofing is really your best choice.

As of now, the Ivy bridge and the Radeon HD 7000 and Nvidia GTX 600 series is coming to laptops. They're still kinda in the early stages but they consume less power and give better performance.

Tbh, most $600+ laptops will play perfect world fine unless it's crappy onboard intel graphics.

05-29-2012   #20 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games

Newegg.com - ASUS G53SX-NH71 Notebook Intel Core i7 2670QM(2.20GHz) 15.6" 8GB Memory DDR3 1333 500GB HDD 7200rpm DL DVD±RW/CD-RW NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

is your best choice out of those.