ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Charm Type

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-19-2013   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to behold
IGN: MarkMM616,RussellTovey616
Class: Hybrd/Pure to_mercenary
Level: MarkMM616:340 RussellTovey616:335
Guild: ~CRiSiS^
Default need advice on full house pure ap raccoon

This is my failcoon, I want to reduce the recoil damage from full house as getting hit by 5k per fail is really making me regret using the skill.

I want the skill to be useful and strong but not at the risk of ko myself if all are x, so would i be better to go pure hv and still beable to do good damage to fiesta/ normal monsters?

My current equips are ap based with some hv but Im soon gonna use my clean haxx thorny set which i can comp hv on to it and i can buy a point back all if hv is better than ap but need to know before i waste ms.

Btw i dont pvp/gvg so no need to comp hp as my alti sets and equips give me a satisfying amount for pve and i dont use impelling or power charge or meta as my raccoon is a card thrower.

Thx in advance.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-19-2013   #2 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

DP actually reduces Full House recoil damage. So try to get a good Altiverse Shield?

01-19-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to behold

Im wearing a 2227dp one and a 1091dp hat!

01-20-2013   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

MrCoconut will become famous soon enoughMrCoconut will become famous soon enough
IGN: ScrappyCoco
Class: Scientist
Level: 29x
Guild: Dawn

DP doesn't help much in my opinion. It will reduce but it's not significant. Either you increase your DP while reducing your AP/HV, or not use it at all and just depend on 1OAK. As long as you can OHKO the mobs, you'll be fine. Sometimes I do that, I lower my AP/HV to the point that my damage is almost exactly enough to OHKO the mobs so in case my FH fails, the damage on me will be less.

I don't know if there are other ways to reduce the recoil but this is the best I can think of so far. Since you don't PvP, I guess having a lower AP/HV doesn't really matter.

Last edited by MrCoconut; 01-20-2013 at 01:49 AM.

01-20-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

Well changing to HV won't actually help much as HV increases the damage of FH too. Also going HP doesn't necessarily mean it is a PVP build but with more HP you will be able to survive more recoils plus you will also be able to spam the 2 HP based skills as aoes thus reducing your FH usage. If you don't like the HP idea then maybe when you're higher leveled you can use FOAK instead although that requires 4 monsters. Anyways good luck with that!

01-20-2013   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

MrCoconut will become famous soon enoughMrCoconut will become famous soon enough
IGN: ScrappyCoco
Class: Scientist
Level: 29x
Guild: Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate23
Well changing to HV won't actually help much as HV increases the damage of FH too. Also going HP doesn't necessarily mean it is a PVP build but with more HP you will be able to survive more recoils plus you will also be able to spam the 2 HP based skills as aoes thus reducing your FH usage. If you don't like the HP idea then maybe when you're higher leveled you can use FOAK instead although that requires 4 monsters. Anyways good luck with that!
Using PC/IR really helps too. You can use them if your FH fails to kill surrounding mobs. IMO, a pure card thrower has its limitations. Your AP/HV is too high, while your HP is too low to be using FH as your main AoE. Once it recoils, it will hurt you a lot!

Try balancing your stats. Like I've said before you can lower your AP/HV while improving your DP to decrease the damage of FH on you. Sacrifice some of those AP/HV for HP so you can use IR/PC while FH is in cooldown.

With decent amount of HV plus Super Hips skill you won't be getting a lot of damage from mobs, perfect for PC/IR.

Hope this helps!

01-20-2013   #7 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Tama Ashenstone
Class: SMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoconut
Using PC/IR really helps too. You can use them if your FH fails to kill surrounding mobs. IMO, a pure card thrower has its limitations. Your AP/HV is too high, while your HP is too low to be using FH as your main AoE. Once it recoils, it will hurt you a lot!

Try balancing your stats. Like I've said before you can lower your AP/HV while improving your DP to decrease the damage of FH on you. Sacrifice some of those AP/HV for HP so you can use IR/PC while FH is in cooldown.

With decent amount of HV plus Super Hips skill you won't be getting a lot of damage from mobs, perfect for PC/IR.

Hope this helps!
I agree. You should want to pump HP/HV more than AP. The first thing I noticed that your AP was really high - too high to be a FH coon. If you want to maximize grinding speed, you really want more Charm-heavy stats.

Having AP is fine in isolated situations, but I honestly stack HP/HV and do fine for literally everything on my Diva, and I play her more like a raccoon so you should do even better than she can do.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

01-20-2013   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

TinyLegs will become famous soon enough

^as said above, you just have too much AP

01-20-2013   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Thank you all for the advice, I will get some more hp and a point back all for hv/hp build.

01-30-2013   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Awards Facebook Fan

vs824 is on a distinguished road
IGN: SoulStasis

Yes i agree... pump more HP and more DP. Well the recoil damage has been reduced compared to 2 years ago.

Last edited by vs824; 01-30-2013 at 10:27 PM.