ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Charm Type (http://ggftw.com/forum/charm-type/)
-   -   need advice on full house pure ap raccoon (http://ggftw.com/forum/charm-type/120382-need-advice-full-house-pure-ap-raccoon.html)

MarkM 01-19-2013 04:27 PM

need advice on full house pure ap raccoon

This is my failcoon, I want to reduce the recoil damage from full house as getting hit by 5k per fail is really making me regret using the skill.

http://i.imgur.com/FmaF74L.png?1

I want the skill to be useful and strong but not at the risk of ko myself if all are x, so would i be better to go pure hv and still beable to do good damage to fiesta/ normal monsters?

My current equips are ap based with some hv but Im soon gonna use my clean haxx thorny set which i can comp hv on to it and i can buy a point back all if hv is better than ap but need to know before i waste ms.

Btw i dont pvp/gvg so no need to comp hp as my alti sets and equips give me a satisfying amount for pve and i dont use impelling or power charge or meta as my raccoon is a card thrower.

Thx in advance.

Draft 01-19-2013 06:44 PM

DP actually reduces Full House recoil damage. So try to get a good Altiverse Shield?

MarkM 01-19-2013 07:12 PM

Im wearing a 2227dp one and a 1091dp hat!

MrCoconut 01-20-2013 01:44 AM

DP doesn't help much in my opinion. It will reduce but it's not significant. Either you increase your DP while reducing your AP/HV, or not use it at all and just depend on 1OAK. As long as you can OHKO the mobs, you'll be fine. Sometimes I do that, I lower my AP/HV to the point that my damage is almost exactly enough to OHKO the mobs so in case my FH fails, the damage on me will be less.

I don't know if there are other ways to reduce the recoil but this is the best I can think of so far. Since you don't PvP, I guess having a lower AP/HV doesn't really matter.

fate23 01-20-2013 05:23 AM

Well changing to HV won't actually help much as HV increases the damage of FH too. Also going HP doesn't necessarily mean it is a PVP build but with more HP you will be able to survive more recoils plus you will also be able to spam the 2 HP based skills as aoes thus reducing your FH usage. If you don't like the HP idea then maybe when you're higher leveled you can use FOAK instead although that requires 4 monsters. Anyways good luck with that!

MrCoconut 01-20-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fate23 (Post 1799463)
Well changing to HV won't actually help much as HV increases the damage of FH too. Also going HP doesn't necessarily mean it is a PVP build but with more HP you will be able to survive more recoils plus you will also be able to spam the 2 HP based skills as aoes thus reducing your FH usage. If you don't like the HP idea then maybe when you're higher leveled you can use FOAK instead although that requires 4 monsters. Anyways good luck with that!

Using PC/IR really helps too. You can use them if your FH fails to kill surrounding mobs. IMO, a pure card thrower has its limitations. Your AP/HV is too high, while your HP is too low to be using FH as your main AoE. Once it recoils, it will hurt you a lot!

Try balancing your stats. Like I've said before you can lower your AP/HV while improving your DP to decrease the damage of FH on you. Sacrifice some of those AP/HV for HP so you can use IR/PC while FH is in cooldown.

With decent amount of HV plus Super Hips skill you won't be getting a lot of damage from mobs, perfect for PC/IR.

Hope this helps!

Queen 01-20-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrCoconut (Post 1799476)
Using PC/IR really helps too. You can use them if your FH fails to kill surrounding mobs. IMO, a pure card thrower has its limitations. Your AP/HV is too high, while your HP is too low to be using FH as your main AoE. Once it recoils, it will hurt you a lot!

Try balancing your stats. Like I've said before you can lower your AP/HV while improving your DP to decrease the damage of FH on you. Sacrifice some of those AP/HV for HP so you can use IR/PC while FH is in cooldown.

With decent amount of HV plus Super Hips skill you won't be getting a lot of damage from mobs, perfect for PC/IR.

Hope this helps!

I agree. You should want to pump HP/HV more than AP. The first thing I noticed that your AP was really high - too high to be a FH coon. If you want to maximize grinding speed, you really want more Charm-heavy stats.

Having AP is fine in isolated situations, but I honestly stack HP/HV and do fine for literally everything on my Diva, and I play her more like a raccoon so you should do even better than she can do.

TinyLegs 01-20-2013 07:09 AM

^as said above, you just have too much AP :py45:

MarkM 01-20-2013 07:38 AM

Thank you all for the advice, I will get some more hp and a point back all for hv/hp build.

vs824 01-30-2013 10:25 PM

Yes i agree... pump more HP and more DP. Well the recoil damage has been reduced compared to 2 years ago.