ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Charm Type (http://ggftw.com/forum/charm-type/)
-   -   Gambler's truth (http://ggftw.com/forum/charm-type/120083-gamblers-truth.html)

PoisonousFrog 01-06-2013 05:29 PM

Gambler's truth
 
Hey guys, I am now proving to all of you that a 1144 gambler is completely useless!! The only reason why 1144 would be useful is for the Weight, other than that, it is a bad idea to go 1144.
Change your guides pl0x!!
Watch this video for proof!!
Full house doesn't need luck.

Sakurah 01-06-2013 11:05 PM

Good luck telling the PvPers about that. And one can stack AP easily in 1144 regardless.

Not that I care about which kind of build is superior, I'm pretty happy with my coon regardless. :U

This thread should bring in some lulz and popcorn... Hopefully the caramel-y kind.

Esper 01-06-2013 11:32 PM

I don't remember many players saying 1144 build was superior because it increased Full House's success rate. It was mostly for the WT when Cards/Pots and what not were heavy as hell. Of course, this was 5+ years ago. :x

I remember I did a similar test with a friend when Full House was just released and posted it here. We tested between 200 ~ 1000 LK and noticed no difference in terms of success : fail ratio.

Whenever a person says do 1144 Build to help Full House, it tends to be their own personal view (or superstition) that it actually helps. Not many players do actual tests when writing guides but rather say things based on their own experience.

R 01-06-2013 11:56 PM

One reason for going with a 1144 build is that the recoil from Full House is based on AP, so having a 1 in Power will help reduce it.

PoisonousFrog 01-07-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esper (Post 1796292)
I don't remember many players saying 1144 build was superior because it increased Full House's success rate. It was mostly for the WT when Cards/Pots and what not were heavy as hell. Of course, this was 5+ years ago. :x

I remember I did a similar test with a friend when Full House was just released and posted it here. We tested between 200 ~ 1000 LK and noticed no difference in terms of success : fail ratio.

Whenever a person says do 1144 Build to help Full House, it tends to be their own personal view (or superstition) that it actually helps. Not many players do actual tests when writing guides but rather say things based on their own experience.

Cards have 0 weight!! and if you look the Raccoon guides in this forum you see a lot of people advising on going 1144 as a gambler!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Care (Post 1796296)
One reason for going with a 1144 build is that the recoil from Full House is based on AP, so having a 1 in Power will help reduce it.

So you are encouraging raccoons to have fail One Pair/Card Strike/Full House/ Four of a Kind damage just because of the full house recoil?? Your raccoon will also have crap AC so it might even miss on dragons and bunnies!! Since a lot of raccoons now a days have 100k+ HP, a 9k recoil is easily worth the sacrifice for being able to do 28k FH damage!! Instead of 3k recoil and 10k full house damage!!

R 01-07-2013 01:48 AM

Gamblers don't always use weapons for the purpose of dealing damage with Full House. When I played my Raccoon, I used it just to stun my target(s). If someone doesn't want to have a weak One Pair or whatever, then they can simply get an AP weapon. Weapons can easily get 7,000 or more AP nowadays.

Charms tend to not need more than 200 AC. I only ever used about 300 on my Diva (3124 HP build, and this was over two years ago). Getting even 400 AC with a 1 in Power isn't that hard with just the base stats on equipment.

Oh and also; Full House uses 5 cards, meaning that it has a chance of recoiling 5 times the damage. 9,000*5 = 45,000. That's nearly half of your 100,000 HP.

fate23 01-07-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoisonousFrog (Post 1796303)
Cards have 0 weight!!

He did say that was 5 yrs ago which meant cards had weight.

And people have already said that FH success rate was never based on LK. But from what i heard (during the 6th aniv bug which gave out loads of LK) LK increased the damage of FH.

MrCoconut 01-07-2013 03:58 AM

My coon is 1144 and he's pretty decent despite the fail comps and low potential on his equips. But I can say that 4 in weight really helps because of FH and the time bomb skill which you need alot of pots for. 1144 is not completely useless. For all I know 1144 can beat a 4114 or a 3124 just by having good gears. Yes, you heard me. Don't forget about the gears too. A character is not simply judge on how useless it is just by looking at its build.

PoisonousFrog 01-07-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fate23 (Post 1796322)
He did say that was 5 yrs ago which meant cards had weight.

And people have already said that FH success rate was never based on LK. But from what i heard (during the 6th aniv bug which gave out loads of LK) LK increased the damage of FH.

FH depends on LK to deal damage. 300LK only adds about +700 damage!! That is so unsignificant!! While as 2k AP adds more than 6k damage!! and 2k AP is so much easier than to get 300 LK!! I would say that 300lk would be as hard as to get 5k AP!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Care (Post 1796317)
Gamblers don't always use weapons for the purpose of dealing damage with Full House. When I played my Raccoon, I used it just to stun my target(s). If someone doesn't want to have a weak One Pair or whatever, then they can simply get an AP weapon. Weapons can easily get 7,000 or more AP nowadays.

Charms tend to not need more than 200 AC. I only ever used about 300 on my Diva (3124 HP build, and this was over two years ago). Getting even 400 AC with a 1 in Power isn't that hard with just the base stats on equipment.

Oh and also; Full House uses 5 cards, meaning that it has a chance of recoiling 5 times the damage. 9,000*5 = 45,000. That's nearly half of your 100,000 HP.

You said your self raccoons do not tend to use more than 200 AC but ur diva uses 300... Contradicting yourself!! It is really hard to maintain 12k AP+ 300 AC + 100k HP with a 1144 raccoon!! A lot of bunnies now a days have 280+HV Since I have a PvPer, 4114 is the best option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrCoconut (Post 1796329)
My coon is 1144 and he's pretty decent despite the fail comps and low potential on his equips. But I can say that 4 in weight really helps because of FH and the time bomb skill which you need alot of pots for. 1144 is not completely useless. For all I know 1144 can beat a 4114 or a 3124 just by having good gears. Yes, you heard me. Don't forget about the gears too. A character is not simply judge on how useless it is just by looking at its build.

lmao, if we are going to talk about pvp now, I would be the first raccoon to be spoken to.. lmao! trust me, There has never been a raccoon with a 1144 who has kicked my ass!! (3124 now and planning on going 4114)

MrCoconut 01-07-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoisonousFrog (Post 1796339)
lmao, if we are going to talk about pvp now, I would be the first raccoon to be spoken to.. lmao! trust me, There has never been a raccoon with a 1144 who has kicked my ass!! (3124 now and planning on going 4114)

Let's just assume your gears were really good compare to all the 1144 coons out there and I salute you, sir, not even a single 1144 coon was able to kick your ass..

PoisonousFrog 01-07-2013 07:30 AM

Isnt that something to be proud of sir?? ;)
btw, For yall who say: 1144 is the best option for the WT. Buy the pouches sold in myshop... they are crazy cheap... they only cost about 7k (350m) every two months!! You can carry like 300 of those 4k pots (as a 4114 raccoon)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fate23 (Post 1796322)
He did say that was 5 yrs ago which meant cards had weight.

And people have already said that FH success rate was never based on LK. But from what i heard (during the 6th aniv bug which gave out loads of LK) LK increased the damage of FH.

you are completely correct, i did not ready that he said: 5 years ago!!
and yea, the 6th aniv added like +30k LK so raccoons could do 150k+ FH damage easy!!

KungFuPets 01-07-2013 07:41 AM

I blame this link hehehe :py01:

Full House - ggFTW Trickster Wiki

where it said THIS line:

Success/fail rates are LK-dependent.

Reminder, 1144 coons do not revolve around FH.


Quote:

Originally Posted by PoisonousFrog (Post 1796213)
Hey guys, I am now proving to all of you that a 1144 gambler is completely useless!! The only reason why 1144 would be useful is for the Weight, other than that, it is a bad idea to go 1144.
Change your guides pl0x!!
Watch this video for proof!!
Full house doesn't need luck.

Well, maybe not THAT completely useless, since 1144 HP coons would be carrying around more HP pots than Card / FH coons. Coons who rely on IR/PC wouldn't need the extra AP and they would prefer the extra WT and LK. IR/PC are purely based on HP.

Besides, I think PoisonousFrog is a Card Coon (am I right?) while most 1144 are HP Coons who depend on IR/PC. I think 1144 HP Coons just use FH for the stun or for a non-area/range dependent AoE with Stun since IR/PC needs to be used at point-blank distance with a big pushing area.

But still, PoisonousFrog still has a point, and thank you for sharing your ideas :py48::py16:

PoisonousFrog 01-07-2013 07:57 AM

Thank you AbsoluteLimit!! Finaly someone thats thanking me for tryina help others!! <3
I am not a card based raccoon!! I am simply a PvP raccoon. I use PC/IR as much as FH and OP. PC has a cool down of 10sec and IR of 6sec. So mean while my PC/IR are in cool down I use cards!! Ofcourse my cards only deal half the damage of my HP dependent skills, since I invested more into HP than AP!!

If I were to 1v1 a 1144 raccoon, no matter how many pots he has, if im not THAT unlucky I usually kill them in 1 skunk since my stats are balanced unlike the 1144!! I deal high damage on FH/OP/PC/IR while as 1144 would only deal damage on IR/PC.

Ryuuku 01-07-2013 08:08 AM

Hmmm, i kinda see your point. So would? going 4114 pure HP would be better than a 1144 pure HP?

KungFuPets 01-07-2013 08:10 AM

Just my opinion:
1144 are made for WT purposes and are more into PVM. I went 1144 with my coon because I carry every junk I could find. I needed WT also for pots so that I could train for longer periods of time without ever repotting. Also, those quest items are heavy, so more WT, more quest items.

But when PVP comes, I would prefer to go 4114 since that extra WT in being a 1144 won't help me much, and having more damage would be better.

PoisonousFrog 01-07-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuuku (Post 1796356)
Hmmm, i kinda see your point. So would? going 4114 pure HP would be better than a 1144 pure HP?

Yes, In my opinion if you are planning on PvPing a lot, 4114 would be best!! If not 3124 or 2134 would be best for outside pvp!! (as a gambler that is)

Sandrie 01-07-2013 11:01 AM

Hi guys, knock it off, this is your only warning before I close this thread/start infracting. Please stay on topic and be respectful to others. Thank you.

InfernalGuy 01-07-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoisonousFrog (Post 1796401)
I do not act like an all-knowing sage, Its just that people tell me what is best as a PvP raccoon.. FFS, I do not see any better raccoon than me in Jewlia!! (Except for AngryPants) and maybe a few more raccoons that dont pvp. My statement is for PvP, nothing else, purely pvp.
If you are a PvM type, then 1144 might be best, because you grind, you PQ yo do shit with heavy items and potions blah blah.
My video was just to prove that FH does not depend on LK! Saw me try with -1000 LK, It hit 5/5.
Quote all the shit I said, I honestly do not gaf. Im sure h1zuka will agree that a 1144 is crap for pvp. You would miss all your attacks on bunny and even on dark lords blah blah blah...

Acting like I know it all is nothing compared to your sad little comment that make you look so pathetic.. (E.G: 1 on 1 me in RL, Type proper English, She has more post than you and a lot more)

^ this is probably the first legit post of yours in this thread. It took me a good while for you to admit certain things.

Some things I'd like to explain: I said 1 on 1 me IRL after you shouted to come and PvP you; the point is, neither of the fights would prove anything. Build isn't that important, both in game and IRL. If you take a bamboo sword and I take a katana, I obviously have an advantage, but even then I could lose, maybe you get it now? Build has as little effect as your shoes has in battle, and it doesn't give you any credits when you shout "1144 is useless, remake your guides".

Post count DO affect the amount of knowledge person posses, imagine how many threads we read, how many advices we give on EVERY aspect of the game, not only the raccoons; it means a lot. "remember kids, the higher your post count, the longer your pe*** is!"

And about "use proper english", I was really pissed at that point, can't think of any excuse. Sorry

Draft 01-07-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoisonousFrog (Post 1796303)
So you are encouraging raccoons to have fail One Pair/Card Strike/Full House/ Four of a Kind damage...

Isn't Four of A Kind based on DA, so yeah.

The Wiki pointed that out.

111111 01-07-2013 11:19 AM

1144 raccoons or the 4114 ones ?

just make a lion and shoot the bastards.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.