ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Charm Type (http://ggftw.com/forum/charm-type/)
-   -   Keety Cat Halp. (http://ggftw.com/forum/charm-type/118840-keety-cat-halp.html)

Versalia 11-16-2012 06:55 PM

Keety Cat Halp.

So my friend made a cat. :py53:
But they have z-e-r-o experience with this class. (same here.)
So she has tons of questions.

Should she go Primmadonna or Diva?
Spoiler!

Why would you go this job?
Spoiler!

What stats should she put her points on?
Spoiler!

What skills does she need to get?
Spoiler!

What equips should she prioritize first?
Spoiler!

That's all for now :3.
I'll edit/post if she thinks of anymore. xD

Thank you. Will +rep. :py60:

Versalia 11-17-2012 08:27 AM

Anyone? :py07:

InfernalGuy 11-17-2012 08:58 AM

Primmadona is stronger than diva, but diva is better rounded (I hope that makes sense). I mean she has a little better time surviving, but deals little less damage than primma.

Pure AP for primma and pure HP for diva, that's my opinion. Though they both need some amount of HV too.

As for skills, I'm not really sure about these, but you should first chose the job you'll go. Some skills are extra important for all charms tho, and that would be Dodge Master+Hyper (or super) Hips, Sturdy Shield and Sumo suit. You might as well consider getting Physical Training, it helps a lot at early lvls, and there aren't many skills to get anyway.

I'll write what I go for as racoon, it might help if you choose diva:

1st job
Dodge Master
Physical Training
Sturdy Shield

2nd
Card Strike
Hyper Hips
One Pair
Impelious Rage

That's the core of my racoon. But it really depends of what job you gonna pick

Versalia 11-17-2012 09:21 AM

Plus repped.
She wanted to ask;
How much harder for Primma's to survive?
She's thinking of (if going Primma) pure HP.

fate23 11-17-2012 09:25 AM

If it's for pvp I'd say pure HP diva. Why? cheapshot bomb :I

Draft 11-17-2012 09:36 AM

I would go Diva. Even though IR(Fart Skill) is only one AoE, it helps a lot in grinding at CT or Fiesta. Charms have the best time surviving.

Go Pure HP or Pure HV in bonus points.

From my perspective, you don't need a lot of HV. Your end goal is to have at least have 500 HV. AP and HP should be important to a Cat.

I don't know how a Diva's Stat Build and Skill Build work because I only tried a Gambler. Ask Dare maybe?

You should get AP and HP equipments first. HV isn't useful at the beginning because everyone knows monsters are drunked at aiming.

Sorry, I don't see any reason for a Prima to go pure HP. They are best in AP and HV with decent HP. The only reason Charms stack HP is to power IR and PC.

Versalia 11-17-2012 10:42 AM

+Repped fate. Can't plus rep SnowBerry. ;o;

Now I'm genuinely curious:
Diva vs. Primma.

The Diva has better HP. (By...15-20k?)
The Primma has better AP. (By 3k?)
They both have about the same HV.

Who would win?

My friend is still indecisive. ;;

InfernalGuy 11-17-2012 10:47 AM

Diva, because Hyper Hips prevents you from getting criticals hits.

Versalia 11-17-2012 10:56 AM

Thanks Infernal!
She's leaning more to Diva now.

Not by much though. xD

Joy 11-17-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowBerry (Post 1784488)
The only reason Charms stack HP is to power IR and PC.

Not true. We stack HP to survive or to "last longer".
Even if you have 1.8k HV and 40k health vs. a 800HV and 80k HP cat, the 80k HP cat could still win easily.
No use in having so much HV if you are skunk'd half the time and have no HP to tank damage.
Especially with that bomb skill. Very annoying.
Although, they shouldn't even use it in a friendly duel. No skill there.
This is just my point of view. If you disagree I respect that. Not looking to argue with anyone.

I suggest going pure HP for either diva or a primma for pvp.
I personally think HP is more important.
Unless you're planning to get 1.2k HV with 80k HP then go pure HP.
Both primma and diva's need AP. Very important.
For HV I think 500 HV is a good amount if you're not funded, MS wise.

Valese 11-17-2012 11:08 AM

So wrong..

Diva's need more AP than Primadonna's because of their One Pair skill. Because One Pair is mostly based on AP and a bit of HV, and it's by far their strongest skill. (Not counting bomb cause that's cheap.)

Primadonna's need alot of HV for pretty much all of their skills. AP for the first hit of 2 Hit Combo, HV for the second hit.

Siren Song is based on HP and DP.

Both Diva and Primadonna would need high HP just to be a pain to kill.

Diva's have a better chance of survivability because of their Super Hips skill which prevents criticals. They both have Sumo Suit to halve any damage (at master).

I like my Primadonna more thank my Diva because it's better vs Mages. But I love my Raccoon because of One Pair and all his AoE attacks... I guess Diva is somewhere in between since she's a hybrid.

Hope this helps clear up some of the wrong things I've read in this thread :<

YenSai 11-17-2012 11:12 AM

I'd choose primadonna. I have a pure hp prima, and she is made for pvp and pvp only. She does very well and I have never had a second thought about her, I would choose her over a diva any day.

2 hit combo has a high hit rate and it does exceptional damage. Sure, divas have more attacks but this does not mean they are better. Primas can fight all classes, and they excel at fighting mages in particular.

It doesn't matter if you put your stats in HP or HV, you will still need both sets. Depending on which stat you use, say you're pure hv. In your full HP set you may have a little less hp than you would had you been pure HP, but your HV balance with it would make up for it.

If she's planning on PvPing I would say work on getting your hp gear first. You will already survive a lot longer than normal because of sumo suit, so building hp will only make you harder to kill. As for skills, primadonnas don't need many skill points at all, so it's pretty self explanatory for skills you need when it comes to primas. Just keep in mind that 2 hit combo is your main damage and you should get it first.

My prima doesn't have any trouble surviving, and this is much of the reason I didn't make a diva. Personally, the divas I have fought in PvP haven't been able to kill my prima. I'm not sure if they are under geared or not, but it's always been that way even since my prima was a lvl 170.

If you're on Jewelia, I can show you my prima's equips and stats/damage in PvP etc if you'd like.

Edit: Val posted before me! But she is right, pure AP for a prima is not the way to go if you plan on Pvping. That's more for PvE. If she's willing, she would be the right prima to look at gears as she's the best one I know.

Valese 11-17-2012 11:22 AM

I'm pretty much done on my Primadonna; here's my skill list.

Hope it helps :3

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/825...onnaskills.png

(The last skill on the 1st job list is "Warm Up" and I might or might not master Beast's Instinct.. the skill is not that much of a big deal :<)

Quote:

Originally Posted by YenSai (Post 1784509)
If she's willing, she would be the right prima to look at gears as she's the best one I know.

Wow thank you, Gabby! You mek me cry tears of joy haha <3

Versalia 11-17-2012 11:59 AM

Wow thanks: CookiesNCream, Valese, and YenSai. :3

That helps a lot.
(She wants to go Primma now <: )

Would it make sense to do:
Pure HV, and prioritize HP set?
Or better to go:
Pure HP, along with prioritizing HP set?

I want to make a Primma too now. Dat persuasion.

Valese 11-17-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincere (Post 1784516)
Wow thanks: CookiesNCream, Valese, and YenSai. :3

That helps a lot.
(She wants to go Primma now <: )

Would it make sense to do:
Pure HV, and prioritize HP set?
Or better to go:
Pure HP, along with prioritizing HP set?

I want to make a Primma too now. Dat persuasion.

My Cat was pure HP, and I would mostly use HV gears to balance it out. Later I changed her to Pure HV because I'm a PvP'er.. so it kind of depends on what the character is for.

I'd say Pure HP - (with decent HV equipments, HP accessories, Altiverse Sword near your level for AP, and maybe some attribute gear as extra equipment) if you guys are going to be PvM,

or Pure HV - (with HP comped gears that have high base HV, and an Altiverse sword comped with HV near your level for AP) for PvP.

Good luck to both of you guys!

Versalia 11-17-2012 12:26 PM

Hmm..
We both don't wanna spend too much MS,
So Altiverses would most likely be best?
And/or Boss EQ?

If Roan is rereleased we might get it..;o;

fate23 11-17-2012 12:45 PM

Scrap evolution skill imo and get galder barrage for breaking guard incase aura shatter doesn't do it.

Versalia 11-17-2012 01:53 PM

Oh wow thanks fate!
It hits 3 times on one targets?
Or how many hits/targets?

YenSai 11-17-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincere (Post 1784535)
Oh wow thanks fate!
It hits 3 times on one targets?
Or how many hits/targets?

Fist full of galder hits 4 times (when mastered) and yes it will break guard. Keep in mind it can still miss, but it is definitely a must have(in my opinion).

As for equips, altiverse are definitely your best bet, though if you plan on PvPing you will need a little myshop, roan is perfectly fine.

Versalia 11-17-2012 02:43 PM

Thanks again YenSai! o:

Were there any other decent charm equips besides Roan?
Who knows when they'll rerelease character boxes.

Is galder barrage and fist full of galders the same thing? o_o